Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

I watched a video yesterday where a GC Quad was compared with the Trackman. And the path numbers were about 4 degrees different between units. Some extreme shots off the heel or toe were up to 6 or 7 degrees difference.

But he said he trusted the Quads numbers from what he was feeling in his swing. And toe shots, and heel strikes on the trackman caused all sorts of wild path numbers.

Of course having such big discrepancies in club data between the two best launch monitors isn't a good thing. As you start to wonder if you can trust the data.

But I think I trust the BLP path numbers tbh. I played around on a trackman last weekend, and with driver I was hitting it on the heel some, and I got similar results that he got, heel shots were reading extreme out to in numbers. When I'm generally in to out on the BLP. Granted I was hitting like crap that day.

One positive I guess is pretty much all the other data was the same between the two.
So I've never hit trackman outside, but tend to think GC products would be better inside than trackman. I've also never hit on a GC4.

That being said, I experience what you are referring to more on my BLP than Trackman. Trackman, might spit out a weird number from time to time, but I'm almost aware of the type of deliveries and/or the types of mishits that I know are going to give me bad readings. In general, people don't change their path by 5-7 degrees from shot to shot unless they are trying to deliberately work the ball.

I'm wondering if you got the spin numbers w/ driver the same on the two. GC's have supposedly had trouble once you get the spin down near the 2k's. I personally saw it once in a lesson where I wasn't trusting my BLP and brought it to a lesson with an indoor trackman. i got readings at some times 1,500 rpm difference. (BLP reading 900 and trackman reading 2,400)

So I've never hit trackman outside, but tend to think GC products would be better inside than trackman. I've also never hit on a GC4.

That being said, I experience what you are referring to more on my BLP than Trackman. Trackman, might spit out a weird number from time to time, but I'm almost aware of the type of deliveries and/or the types of mishits that I know are going to give me bad readings. In general, people don't change their path by 5-7 degrees from shot to shot unless they are trying to deliberately work the ball.

I'm wondering if you got the spin numbers w/ driver the same on the two. GC's have supposedly had trouble once you get the spin down near the 2k's. I personally saw it once in a lesson where I wasn't trusting my BLP and brought it to a lesson with an indoor trackman. i got readings at some times 1,500 rpm difference. (BLP reading 900 and trackman reading 2,400)
i wonder if these odd readings are when the dot is getting worn out, dirty, etc.

Moving from mlm2pro to launch pro and super excited about it.

Looking forward to the quicker response from hit to render and putting!

The sell for me was that I use gspro and awesome golf exclusively with mlm2pro but the gspro hookup is wonky so getting a supported connector is huge!

I may need to contact Foresight CS when I get back. Couldn’t log in to my account and I wasn’t happy. I’m sure they will square me away, but I will have some testing I need to do.

GC's don't have trouble with spin below 2k, they just give a low spin boost in their software, so it can inflate distance.

Spin on Trackman indoors uses the dot on the ball to make it easier to measure the spin. The short distance travelled before the ball is stopped by a screen or net while trying to get a few revolutions on a driver moving that quickly is where the error typically lies with all radar units (not just trackman). Spin axis is also sometimes questionable as that same dot moving side to side and not straight up and down can be misread. This is primarily why Trackman released their iO (indoor optimized) unit with a camera 🤯

I may need to contact Foresight CS when I get back. Couldn’t log in to my account and I wasn’t happy. I’m sure they will square me away, but I will have some testing I need to do.
software issues? i’m shocked. shocked i say.

GC's don't have trouble with spin below 2k, they just give a low spin boost in their software, so it can inflate distance.
Gcs have had trouble reading low spin and others have posted on the same issue across multiple forums. It's come and gone, come again and gone again as they push out firmware updates. (Atleast gc2 and blp. Mabe the quad is fine).

Not sure if I should post this here, but here goes…
Is anyone having issues with generating reports of their sessions from the FSX Pro app on their iPad? I have tried multiple times and the software states it is generating the report then the app closes. When opening the app back up there is a message stating an error occured.

Is anyone having issues with generating reports of their sessions from the FSX Pro app on their iPad? I have tried multiple times and the software states it is generating the report then the app closes. When opening the app back up there is a message stating an error occured.
I actually LOATHE the iPad apps. I battled them for years.

Can you print reports out of FSX Live when viewing your session? I am looking now, but don’t see an option for exporting. :(

So spoke with Foresight CS today and they will have a new release of the app
In a few weeks that resolves the problem with iPad app closing when generating reports.

So spoke with Foresight CS today and they will have a new release of the app
In a few weeks that resolves the problem with iPad app closing when generating reports.
It’s only taken them YEARS, but that is a win! Haha

their apps are the WORST

i received this for christmas. it’s pretty slick

IMG_0721.jpeg

You know my complaints. I cringe every time I try to open it after collecting data because I fear it’s all gone. Sadly this past year the odds weren’t in my favor.

You know my complaints. I cringe every time I try to open it after collecting data because I fear it’s all gone. Sadly this past year the odds weren’t in my favor.
Yup. It happened to me for YEARS when I used the 2 and didn’t have access to hooking it to a pc and I had to do all my data on course and with the iPad. I feel your pain. It freaking sucked.

Do you feel like it provides confidence your device will be protected? I throw mine in a back pack when I head to the range.

yes. very good padding. fits the charger in the front pocket, the unit and an ipad in the main pocket, and the alignment sticks in the side pocket. very well done.

Back