Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

Bushnell Launch Pro is now $3000, is this due to competition?

it launched (pun intended) at $3k. then it increased, i guess because of demand and/or supply chain issues.

Increase was due to the new software added (FSX Play)

They've continually run sales throughout the year at this price

Bumping this thread. Skytrak is acting up and doesn't give me a ton of faith in upgrading to Skytrak +. Hard ponder on the Bushnell Launch Pro. I don't have a gaming up laptop, but it appears you can run the Bushnell effectively on an ipad. I am not very interested in playing courses. Just want accurate numbers for practice.

Bumping this thread. Skytrak is acting up and doesn't give me a ton of faith in upgrading to Skytrak +. Hard ponder on the Bushnell Launch Pro. I don't have a gaming up laptop, but it appears you can run the Bushnell effectively on an ipad. I am not very interested in playing courses. Just want accurate numbers for practice.

that's how i use mine. either by itself for seeing numbers on-the-fly, or tethered to an ipad so i can track historical data.

their ipad app is dogsh1t. i hate it.

my hangup with the lp continues to be its relatively small hitting area. i'm dealing with a pretty steep swing atm, and as soon as i start hitting behind the ball i've used a lot of real estate for capturing shots. i may only get less than 10 shots before i have to move the unit, recalibrate with the alignment stick, etc. not an issue if you're hitting off mats, or if you take sexy tour divots. this is where i think a unit like trackman or full swing kit is better, although the accuracy with lp still makes it the best option imho

that's how i use mine. either by itself for seeing numbers on-the-fly, or tethered to an ipad so i can track historical data.

their ipad app is dogsh1t. i hate it.

my hangup with the lp continues to be its relatively small hitting area. i'm dealing with a pretty steep swing atm, and as soon as i start hitting behind the ball i've used a lot of real estate for capturing shots. i may only get less than 10 shots before i have to move the unit, recalibrate with the alignment stick, etc. not an issue if you're hitting off mats, or if you take sexy tour divots. this is where i think a unit like trackman or full swing kit is better, although the accuracy with lp still makes it the best option imho
I have a friend who said the same thing about the app. He was using an ipad but is getting a gaming laptop now. I don't think I will use it outside so it will only be on mats. I am looking to upgrade in terms of accuracy so the Bushnell Pro seems to be the way to go at a reasonable cost. I am thinking I may wait until it goes back down to $3000 though.

Bumping this thread. Skytrak is acting up and doesn't give me a ton of faith in upgrading to Skytrak +.
I dunno. The people here on THP who have ST+'s pretty universally seem to be happy with them.

What's your ST doing wonky?

I dunno. The people here on THP who have ST+'s pretty universally seem to be happy with them.

What's your ST doing wonky?

The + seems to be more accurate from what I have read and it looks fantastic. Just not 100% comfortable going with another unit from them if this one craps out in less than 2 years.

Reading 7i spin in the 2000 and 3000s and showing a carry distance of 230. It's not every read but about half to 2/3s of them. Skytrak has been very responsive and friendly trying to help, but it's been ongoing for a few weeks now.

I have a friend who said the same thing about the app. He was using an ipad but is getting a gaming laptop now. I don't think I will use it outside so it will only be on mats. I am looking to upgrade in terms of accuracy so the Bushnell Pro seems to be the way to go at a reasonable cost. I am thinking I may wait until it goes back down to $3000 though.
Accuracy wise, BLP and SkyTrak+ are dead on for me. Dollar for dollar they are best in class as far as I am concerned.
SkyTrak+ is head and shoulders above BLP for software and UI in my opinion. They are also just getting started.
With that said, BLP wins for the screen and hardware build. Its solid, rock solid and the touch screen works well to just glance and go.

If someone is in for practice and sim golf, I lean SkyTrak+ because of their UI and less expensive yearly offering to continue. If bringing it to the range is the goal, Foresight is going to be hard to beat.

Accuracy wise, BLP and SkyTrak+ are dead on for me. Dollar for dollar they are best in class as far as I am concerned.
SkyTrak+ is head and shoulders above BLP for software and UI in my opinion. They are also just getting started.
With that said, BLP wins for the screen and hardware build. Its solid, rock solid and the touch screen works well to just glance and go.

If someone is in for practice and sim golf, I lean SkyTrak+ because of their UI and less expensive yearly offering to continue. If bringing it to the range is the goal, Foresight is going to be hard to beat.
The features on the + look good. I've used the bag mapping on the original and thought it was quite useful.

The features on the + look good. I've used the bag mapping on the original and thought it was quite useful.
Software wise, it is like using an iPhone and then grabbing a Blackberry and trying to run an app. They aren't close and the SkyTrak + is going to get even stronger there.
Hardware wise, I still think Foresight has the advantage and the portability makes it really strong for outdoor use.

So I am thinking rolling with the GC3. I’ve read through this thread and am concerned with the negative comments related to using with an iPad. This is what my set up will be for the time being. So I’m assuming the experience is no different whether you have the GC3 or BLP with an iPad, right?

So I am thinking rolling with the GC3. I’ve read through this thread and am concerned with the negative comments related to using with an iPad. This is what my set up will be for the time being. So I’m assuming the experience is no different whether you have the GC3 or BLP with an iPad, right?
It’ll be the same. It’s not impossible to use with an iPad minus actually using that as a sim.

You’ll lose connection a few times and might get frustrated, but you’ll still have plenty of data to work with etc

Near as I've been able to tell: Every LM has problems with their apps and WiFi connectivity.

Seems odd to me. It's not as if WiFi is particularly challenging. Our iThings (phones, tablets, set top boxes) can stream (incl. HD) and run other apps that employ WiFi hour after hour, day in, day out, without falling over every time we turn around. But, LMs... 🤷‍♂️

One session in with the BLP and an IPad so I’m still learning but I thought it worked fine. I have a friend who has the BLP and he ended up buying a gaming laptop to use with it instead of an iPad. He didn’t like the 2d only software, which coming from the Skytrak is lacking. Skytrak wins there no doubt.
My primary concern is accuracy of data and the BLP is the clear winner there. Instantaneous numbers from the shot that I have confidence in.

the answer to your question is no, there is no difference between the bushnell branded blp vs the foresight branded gc3 wrt the application interface.

initial tethering was a big challenge for me and took lots of troubleshooting with cs. once resolved, i still have issues where the app logs me out during a session. there are also issues uploading data to their cloud because of the way the wifi works.

maybe i'm just technologically challenged, but the whole ipad experience sucks. some of that is tethering challenges, but the vast majority is how buggy their app is. i'm still VERY happy with my gc3, i just wish they'd scrap the entire app and build a new one.

can someone fully charge their unit then go to settings-> diagnostics -> battery info and tell me what the "LIFE EST" reads for them? mine says 0.23H with a 100% charge. i do notice the battery is terrible, but the last time that happened it ended up being a software glitch. we fixed it and the unit did great, but it's acting up again.

can someone fully charge their unit then go to settings-> diagnostics -> battery info and tell me what the "LIFE EST" reads for them? mine says 0.23H with a 100% charge. i do notice the battery is terrible, but the last time that happened it ended up being a software glitch. we fixed it and the unit did great, but it's acting up again.
I called Bushnell for my unit that had an issue like that and they replaced it last winter. Do you get more than 15 minutes on battery power or does it just shut off?

I called Bushnell for my unit that had an issue like that and they replaced it last winter. Do you get more than 15 minutes on battery power or does it just shut off?

the first issue i had with the battery it would only last about 15 minutes then the unit would shut off.

today after about the same time it acted like it wanted to shut off due to low battery but it never did. so maybe they fixed the hard shut off but they haven’t fixed the issue.

i love the data. but it’s hard for me to say this unit has been a success.

the first issue i had with the battery it would only last about 15 minutes then the unit would shut off.

today after about the same time it acted like it wanted to shut off due to low battery but it never did. so maybe they fixed the hard shut off but they haven’t fixed the issue.

i love the data. but it’s hard for me to say this unit has been a success.
I thankfully I can keep mine plugged in so I didn't pay much attention to the battery indicator other than last winter.

An email from Foresight said new third party software integrations coming 🤔

Bushnell now offering a Ball Data only version of the Launch Pro for $1999

Received an email from my Foresight sales guy and they dropped the price of the GC3 by $500 for anyone interested.

Received an email from my Foresight sales guy and they dropped the price of the GC3 by $500 for anyone interested.
That’s kinda cool. I wonder why? They must not be selling well.

Back