Flying leap on equipment

Callaway Apex UW. Still flying

Ram fx77 iron heads in black.
I'm expecting them to look like **** after a round or two but who cares 🤷🏻‍♂️

Most of my purchases are sight unseen and based on reviews. The most recent:
Cleveland HB soft milled putter (new) - I love it. Favorite putter I've ever had.
Cobra Aerojet OL hybrid (used) - Meh. It's ok, but I'm not a huge fan. I'm sure there's something out there that's a better fit for me.

That would be every single piece of equipment in my bag.

But the latest is a 58° S23 wedge with KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 shaft. Never played, never even hit, awaiting its maiden voyage.

21° Maltby HyWay utility wood. I wasn’t crazy about my Srixon 7 wood because I am just too inconsistent with it. So I gave the HyWay a try and it is one of my most consistent clubs.

I already had a Maltby 4 wood and a couple of hybrids. So I figured I’d like it, but it was a leap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to purchase stuff without trying first but now I least try it at the demo center by me on their outdoor range or indoor and get numbers. I wasted way too much money buying sight unseen and then having to trade it in or take a big hit selling it.

Ping G425 irons. Wasn’t a complete leap as I tried my buddies during a round. Bought them and it was a complete disaster. 3 months later, they’ve been replaced. Serves me right for not taking my own advice, never buy without getting fit first.

Years ago I did it a lot, and discovered that trial and error can be an expensive and inconvenient path. Now I don't usually buy until I read a lot of reviews and have a chance to get my hands on them to try them. My last truly blind jump was probably the PM Grind wedge, which turned out very well.

Paradym 6 hyrbid. Gonna reshaft it, but it's been great. Use it as a 5 iron and a chipper. Can't imagine life without it now.

Not really leap of faith more like blind luck. Was fit into TSR2 driver with Ventus Red TR. So I order the TSR2 knowing I won’t have the Ventus for a while I order the TSR2 with a Hzrdus Red CB Gen 4. The Ventus can not beat it out of the bag. From 1st swing the Hzrdus just flat out worked and felt great.

C722 driver with a ventus blue. Loved then it had an issue TE sent me a c723 and I love it.
Very similar for me, traded in for a C721 on a whim, then selected for 2023 TEEm Tour Edge & got the C723 and love it

Paradym 6 hyrbid. Gonna reshaft it, but it's been great. Use it as a 5 iron and a chipper. Can't imagine life without it now.
That’s a super interesting idea. What are you going to throw in it?

That’s a super interesting idea. What are you going to throw in it?

Gonna try a UST Proforce V2 (84g reg?) so it slots between my 72g 5 hybrid and 95g irons.

brnr mini. it was hot and cold for me. ended up trading it with @badolds and i don't miss it

brnr mini. it was hot and cold for me. ended up trading it with @badolds and i don't miss it
Would be the brnr mini for me as well. I traded Chris without trying it first and it has been incredible so far.

Two of these. After one range sesh, think I’m happy with my purchase…

IMG_0978.jpeg

Paradym 5W with HZRDUS Gen 4 Silver.

I switched to a 3 hybrid years ago after a 5W I was using forever cracked at the tip of the shaft. Never got along with the hybrid long term, so after a few days scrubbing THP on 5W, I decided to pull the trigger on this one. Got it on Callaway Pre-owned for less than $180 and it was in like new condition.

So far so good. I have never hit a HZRDUS shaft and was a little nervous going with a stiffer shaft since I'm right on the swing speed line between Regular and Stiff flex, but it is working out. It has been really good on the driving range and serviceable for me off the tee when needing less than driver. The good shots are really good, but I am not skilled enough to really take advantage of using this on long shots into a green. Hopefully one day. Overall, happy with the purchase.

I bought my MP241 irons without ever having hit them or even seen them in person

I ordered a Cobra F7 hybrid after a fitting . For some reason the shop could not fulfill the order. They asked if I would be interested in a F8 hybrid that had just come out for the same price as the F7. I didn’t even try it and went picked it up in the way to my Thursday league. It worked out well I kept it in the bag for 3 years.

My Seemore M5x. I had a Si5 and this was the better version really.
Before that it was my Cobra LTDx irons. Love these irons.

Pretty much all my equipment I buy like this

I've had enough fittings to know what I need. That said, I've had fittings conflict: +1-inch and 2º upright versus +2-inches and 5º upright.

Back