Fairway Finder tee shot - how do you do it

Never have done that.

Drive the ball way into the rough... take the cart out to the edge of the fairway about 270 out, drop a ball from a hole in my pocket and shout : "MUST HAVE HIT A TREE!!"

I’m still figuring this one out 😎. Im not sure myvfsirwsy finder is much better than stock.

This is me....
Data wise dropping club doesn't really improve your chance of hitting the fairway.

When I was playing a lot, and it got windy or needed a fairway finder, the plan was tee the ball down with Driver. Don't change the swing just try to be a little bit smoother.

This SHOULD be me.....but it's not yet, I think I have heard @GavinwithaR1 say this enough that I am just going to do this...

Either a 4 iron or a driver teed low on the left hand side of the tee box so it comes out low and short and cutty. Providing there’s not much trouble on the right that is.

I've been clubbing down to a 3/4 hybrid but it doesn't really pay off that much so this year I'm going to try and let the hole's yardage dictate what I hit off the tee.

3w...I'm just as accurate with that as long iron and I'd rather be 240+ down than 190...I really don't want to hit an 8-iron 160 just to find a fairway

I’ll let you know when I figure it out. 😆

It’s usually either grip down on the driver and swing easy or club down to the Super Hybrid.

As my driver typically taps out at 225 It's driver on every hole. If it's a short hole my 3w is a tad more consistent than my driver.

I'm dealing with a medical is that requires me to hit lower shots, with a reduced swing speed. I'm hitting a lot of fairways right now.

I've also given up about 3 clubs of distance too. Example being instead of 200+ yard tee shots I'm playing 150 yard tee shots. I no longer carry my driver, and even numbered irons.

The plus is that it's easier for me to find balls in the fairways, than in the rough. Fewer lost balls, fewer penalty strokes, and a faster pace of play.

Probably hit a 5w if I really need to hit a fairway. Usually things that tight also aren't that long so they kind of go hand in hand.

I go to a 3w or 3h. I find my miss hits with those clubs are less severe.

Driver: 1648161118836.png

3H: 1648161145631.png

Regular driver. It has as good a chance of finding the fairway as anything else I might use.
Yup, I hit it, and I know its gonna comedown, somewhere

It used to be pulling my driving iron out and hitting a low cut on holes I really needed to hit the fairway on. Now it's using my UW with a neutral swing

I will still hit driver (assuming the fairway doesn't dogleg) but possibly tee it up on the left side of the box, aim at the right half of the fairway and just focus on a nice smooth swing at a slightly slower speed to try and ensure a good contact

It comes back to a round where my back was so bad that I could barely swing a club, but somehow managed to adapt a swing, and the best way to describe it was a feeling of a little 'chippy' driver swing that still got me 220-ish yards with a nice little draw, so I played it all round and I don't think I missed a fairway with driver that day

Back