Fairway Finder tee shot - how do you do it

Newman21

Reaction score
Handicap
Curious as to how you play your fairway finding tee shot for tight holes or in tough conditions or tournament situations. A must hit fairway situation. Do you go to your 3 wood or hybrid? Do you slow your swing down with your driver, maybe 3 quarter it? Hit a fade as opposed to your normal draw or vice versa? Tee it lower?

franken 4i gets the call more than not.

Fli-Hi, easy peasy.

Super Hybrid

i guess it depends what distance i need to leave a comfortable approach shot. depending on the hole layout/how i'm feeling that day, i'm good to leave myself 7i or less into the green. given that distance, i'll pick the longest club i'm confident(ish) hitting to give me a comfortable approach distance.

I'm hitting driver nearly every time.

My 4Pro Apex hybrid

I have a punch driver shot that I go to depending on yardage needed. Grip down shorter swing and make sure great connection with my body.

Close my left on left to right tee shots ... close my right eye on right to left tee shots. Squeeze both eyes tight shut when I want to hit it hard & straight :ROFLMAO:

Unless the driver is off for some reason I am going with driver. IF the driver isn't working then 5W would be my choice of clubs.

Less club :confused:

Driver with a tad of a cut. Makes me back off a bit and concentrate on a good swing. Been that shot since the one iron days many, many moons ago.

I’m still figuring this one out 😎. Im not sure myvfsirwsy finder is much better than stock.

I wish I knew. 😆

This year, I have a few more shots in my arsenal. If I need to keep the flight low, I can hit a stinger. Overall, I'm more confident in my consistency now, so I would have some options. Likely hitting a 5 iron or hybrid but could also take an easy swing with driver. I'll see how that unfolds for me this season.

Regular driver. It has as good a chance of finding the fairway as anything else I might use.

Grab my 5w. I can't half or 3/4 swing a driver. That makes it worse for me than it already is currently

Srixon u85 4 iron

If it’s tight enough I will choke down on my 46 inch driver and hit sort of a stinger shot. Maybe go down as much as 3 inches.

Mini driver or hybrid depending on distance and/or trouble.

3 wood with a smooth swing and a slight fade. Just a shot I’m comfortable with

Data wise dropping club doesn't really improve your chance of hitting the fairway.

When I was playing a lot, and it got windy or needed a fairway finder, the plan was tee the ball down with Driver. Don't change the swing just try to be a little bit smoother.

Driver all day every day until it isn't, then the DI gets the call.

I will probably swing 85% with driver. I lose too much by going less than driver it's not worth it. Plus I'm pretty comfortable with the big stick anyways, so it will always get the call.

Back