Ever unable to watch the PGA due to incredibly irritating commercials? Or is this weekend the first?

Adrenaline1

Reaction score
Most irritating obnoxious commercial this weekend by the sponsor. Luckily it is only every other commercial. Rant over.

Been that way for years.

I usually just watch on mute, and THP during the commercials.

Pay very little attention to the commercials, THP during them and tune it all out.

It's not just this weekend, it's every PGA Tour event except The Masters. They're almost completely unwatchable, it's four hours of commercials and fluff pieces, with an occasional golf shot mixed in.

It’s what makes the Masters so enjoyable…not obliterated by commercials

Mute button is the most used button on my remote..

in case you missed it tho

large_f9a2a7ce-566b-4275-8c67-28c80296cdcc.jpg

Last edited:
PGA tournaments = good, commercials = not so good. I watch the PGA Youtube round highlights more, but there is always spoilers you see first. Still great golf to watch. However, been watching LIV much more. Commercial-free is brilliant idea. 😀😂

You might think that if you are the named sponsor of a televised event, and you will make a substantial media buy to advertise your products, you would have more than one arrow in your quiver!

How about the bent carrot ads?! WTF?! I watch online @ CBSsports.com, so not sure if these ads make it to TV, but that :poop: is ridiculous to put on TV if so.

This is why I PVR every golf tournament or by that matter anything else on regular TV. Just skip over all the obnoxious commercials or other fill-ins.

Can I ad , the sponsors company’s representative… CEO etc ,,,,
with the commentators , advertorial, conversations.

This is , utterly annoying , especially when the company has no representation or does not trade in our country ….ego internationally it means zero!

Not to mention the , wearing of matching branded polos , your not at school or on a team ….

And don’t , get me started on the folksy commentary and who belongs to which Alma mater. Zero interest

Its only the golf , that keeps people interested not the peripheral stuff.

I watch a lot golf; I watch a lot of golf on mute.

Purses don't fill themselves.

No commercials, no sponsors, no tournaments.

Welcome to the PGAT

It's not just this weekend, it's every PGA Tour event except The Masters. They're almost completely unwatchable, it's four hours of commercials and fluff pieces, with an occasional golf shot mixed in.

And they are wondering why the viewer numbers are crashing like a Titanic exploration sub.

Commercials are bad on both tours. PGA arent as bad. LIV seems odd. I watched for five minutes from the start yesterday and had to turn it off.

I change the channel when the one with the guy fighting himself in the middle of the crosswalk comes on.

Back