Ever unable to watch the PGA due to incredibly irritating commercials? Or is this weekend the first?

This is true. I like when sporting events occasionally do the Picture in Picture / Split Screen thing showing the actual event and the commercial simultaneously. It’s at least bearable.

Apparently it’s a Korean based company and considering the amount of Korean talent there is on Tour, seems like progress. I suppose it’s geared to the younger crowd, but so what?

Sky Sports Golf Channel has been a god send for me. Still have commercials, but they’re quirky British ones, and there are far less of them.

Its like all network TV these days. There is an ever increasing amount of commercials. Where a posted 1 hr show is made up of 16-18 mins of commercial time. And ABC hit an avg in 2019 with 17.36 mins of commercials in one hour. And a lot of these adds are irritating and even repeats. And of course depending on the show, it if a male driven show, likes cars, golf NFL etc. you get all the crazy testosterone booster adds and blue pill alternatives, over and over
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ever since “Playing Through” started a few years ago, I can barely watch.

I can’t say I find commercials annoying. I don’t watch them. I generally record most shows and watch then later so I can skip the commercials. Or, because I’m often playing or on my iPad during the golf telecasts, I tend to miss bits of the action so while commercials are on, I’ll skip back to watch some shots again or see things I missed. I just don’t pay attention if a commercial comes on.

No matter what’s on commercials are for going to the bathroom, getting a snack, switching the laundry, finishing the chore you started until golf was on and ordering the wife a last minute birthday/anniversary present because golf takes up a lot of time.

PGAT has been this way for years not certain why its taken so long for fans to realize what a horrid product they put out. Its almost impressive how bad it is

I cant count that high, the times, I've gone channel surfing because of too many commercials....in a row. That, and the talking heads rambling on about nothing of any real importance.

I start changing channels, and find something different to watch, and wind up missing most of the golf tournament.

I do think the LIV tour shows more golf shots, and more players hitting those golf shots. They seem to have fewer interruptions.

I've found myself watching more golf on Pluto, or Yahoo. Yes, they are reruns, but I don't remember who won all those past tournaments. Weekly, an Majors both. Plus there's a fast forward, or skip button I can use.

For me it's not that the commercials are themselves annoying, it's the shear number of commercials that drives me crazy. It's not just during golf broadcasts either, it
seems to be the same during any athletic event. It feels like you have as much time allocated to commercials as you do the event. I hate it.
... well, I do have to say that the Liberty commercials are particularly annoying and stupid.

I cant count that high, the times, I've gone channel surfing because of too many commercials....in a row. That, and the talking heads rambling on about nothing of any real importance.

I start changing channels, and find something different to watch, and wind up missing most of the golf tournament.

I do think the LIV tour shows more golf shots, and more players hitting those golf shots. They seem to have fewer interruptions.

I've found myself watching more golf on Pluto, or Yahoo. Yes, they are reruns, but I don't remember who won all those past tournaments. Weekly, an Majors both. Plus there's a fast forward, or skip button I can use.
Fewer advertisers to pay.

I DVR all golf tournaments. Doing that and recording all tv shows, has me enjoying it better. Fast forward through commercials, players I don’t care about and putting makes it more enjoyable for me. My tolerance to commercials is extremely low as a result.

I didn't watch even one minute of it this weekend, it's not worth turning on anymore unless it's a major.

Back