Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may end up getting the 23° either way b/c it is such an amazing utility club. For me, it just seemed to work everywhere on the course.

I have a question for all of us Mashie considererers.

I have a 23* hybrid (haha for those that know) and I still carry a 4i in my bag. Even though similar lofts, my 23* plays more like a 3i/shorter 2i as far as distance. Just wondering how it works for everyone else.

I have a 23* hybrid (haha for those that know) and I still carry a 4i in my bag. Even though similar lofts, my 23* plays more like a 3i/shorter 2i as far as distance. Just wondering how it works for everyone else.

I guess if it works thats all that matters. I find the 4i to be a very versatile club for the punch out shots along with its normal use so I like to keep it in the bag, so I could justify it too.

Tough call. I'd probably have to give up a wedge to keep the 4i in the bag.

I have an old nickent 23* thatI just love and i use it in some wy on just about every hole. I do not feel I need to keep a 4i in the bag.

As far as the Mashie goes I am looking at either the 18.5 or the 20.5 or perhaps both but I think both might be overkill with the 23* in the bag as well

Me personally I'd remove the 4i. I think the hybrid would be more versatile for punch outs, etc.

if they work out to be different distances than I would stick with it. I'm the opposite, my 4h gives me less distance than my 4i, but it gives me much more control and consistency so I keep that instead of of the 4i.

lol I love going in there and talking about the new stuff. And then you say "Yeah I hit that" and "yeah I hit that too". They always look at me funny and I wonder what theyre thinking. Some of the guys just look completely lost about the new stuff.

You guys have hit almost everything coming out. A lot more than all of them have, that is for sure....HA!

that is such a great feeling. They were doing a Nike thing for the new machspeed black. The guy said hit it, see if you like it. I told him, I hit it already 2 months ago.

that is such a great feeling. They were doing a Nike thing for the new machspeed black. The guy said hit it, see if you like it. I told him, I hit it already 2 months ago.

It takes away from my GG trips for sure. I walk around and see the "new" stuff I hit months ago just arriving and Im bored with it. lol.

+1 told the one guy at GG this weekend that I had already been playing with it....I loved the 'wtf'?' look I got

It takes away from my GG trips for sure. I walk around and see the "new" stuff that I planned to buy months ago just arriving and Im bored with it. lol.

FIFY OEM!

So TC, why don't you tell us about your experience with the Octane Tour. Does it have you pondering?

Wilson ci7 for a very good price, Nike VR F CB 299.99 ,, wilson di9 250

So TC, why don't you tell us about your experience with the Octane Tour. Does it have you pondering?

yeah, it does have me pondering. the launch monitor numbers were awesome! i saw an average of 7mph increase in club head speed, an avg. of 14* launch angle, and an average of about 3300 in the spin department. and get this: an average carry distance of 288 yards!!!!

i kid you not, my swing speed average was about 112 mph, whereas with just about everything else i was averaging around 105.

btw, it was the octance tour, i loved it! i would have to put it up against what i have though.

dang dude those are some great numbers! I am interested to see what your R9 numbers are.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

dang dude those are some great numbers! I am interested to see what your R9 numbers are.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

yeah, i may have to make those happen sometime soon dude. we'll see. i love what i have, but was blown away today.

yeah, it does have me pondering. the launch monitor numbers were awesome! i saw an average of 7mph increase in club head speed, an avg. of 14* launch angle, and an average of about 3300 in the spin department. and get this: an average carry distance of 288 yards!!!!

i kid you not, my swing speed average was about 112 mph, whereas with just about everything else i was averaging around 105.

btw, it was the octance tour, i loved it! i would have to put it up against what i have though.

wow I would love those numbers

wow I would love those numbers

haha, yeah, i was making my brother look like a sissy on that thing dude! he found a great driver for himself today.

haha, yeah, i was making my brother look like a sissy on that thing dude! he found a great driver for himself today.

oh really? hmmm do I sense Ping?

Those are JUlius Pepper type numbers.

i think the launch monitor is flawed, haha. i don't hit golf balls that far without wind and some elevation on the tee box. the octane is a sweet driver though. i loved the sound and looks of it. i think a lot of diablo edge fans will dig this driver!

Those are serious numbers. This is the internet, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back