Edel Golf – Array Putters

Love the lefty inclusion on the mallets since I have been known to bag a large putter now and then! Not sure I will ever be able to find somewhere to give them a roll, but I am certainly intrigued!

There is a lot going on with these, and I'm for it. There is no way you can't find something that works for you with this lineup.

@Jman

Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
I thought you’d like! Haha

@Jman aim bias is a real thing and something many golfers struggle with even if they don’t know it. It’s awesome to see that Edel has kept that from their last line and really doubled down on it. Great to see this being the front and center focal point to build up to the new putter line in your article!

In my journey to understanding my putting stroke and honestly my putting disfunction, there were 3 problems.

1. Addressing the ball in a neutral position
2. Having the proper aim to target (boy this was an eye opener)
3. Delivering the club face square to target line with proper loft at impact.

It appears that Edel is really looking very closely at these 3 things during the fitting process.

1. Hosel and shape
2. Shape and aim aid
3. Hosel, internal weighting and external weighting.

I’m very intrigued by Edel and their philosophy. I truly believe that they are on to something here and it’s not just marketing ad hype.

I’m also very jelly of the Edel fitting case you have. It looks
star wars love GIF by Hyper RPG

View attachment IMG_5654.mov

Love the lefty inclusion on the mallets since I have been known to bag a large putter now and then! Not sure I will ever be able to find somewhere to give them a roll, but I am certainly intrigued!
Looks like GolfTec will have the fitting cases.

May give me an excuse to check out the new one in Cypress. Hope they make it though, since that place never has any cars in the lot.

thinking about it over morning coffee, also really love they went big into mallets as the EAS line is a little more blade focused
Part of that was due to the torque balanced nature of EAS (toe up), so mallets were a bit challenging there.

They will indeed, and with the streamlined cases, all locations should be fitting properly.

The in-hand photos of the B-1 :love: . That black finish is sooooo good.

Early on I was thinking to myself, "Is this a freaking modular putter?" How cool is that. Lots of upside, though I'd think it really has to be done well to preserve feel, looks, and long term durability. To me, it appears they've done that too. Really, really cool!

Great article, @Jman. Loved it!
I love that they went 1025 CS for the striking surface to bring a more plush feel at impact and then backed it with the aluminum. Should have two models in hand very soon.

The amount of customization in this lineup is staggering!

@Jman Wonderful Article with tons of information.
Eye dominance fact was interesting as a left eye dominant person that plays right handed.
Think I'd invest in a fitting if I could find a fitter in the area.
If you haven’t, read my journey as a left eye but right handed putter that is linked in the article. It explained everything I struggled with for years when I learned the science of aim bias. Some scoff, but they’re simply living in the dark ages not acknowledging it.

I agree on his last article. It was a game changer honestly. Really made me think about what’s important for a putter and a proper fitting.

It appears Edel is taking the customized for you approach. With a proper fitting 2/3 of your game could be dialed in just for you with approach and short game shots (irons, wedges & putter)
And those 2/3 of the game make up 70% of the shots per round.

Ohhhhhh man! I’m so jelly! That would be SOOOO much fun to play around with !

Adam Sandler GIF

@Jman -great piece and lots of information. I tend to be a "left-aimer" and two OEM's have told me that for alignment I should use a simple dot on the top and that lines are no good for me.

Love everything about this new release except one thing... the blade no longer offers the naked site line. Great write up as always @Jman and I'll likely go back through another fitting with the Array line, but still a little bummed that if I want to keep the naked site line I'll need to keep my EAS or go mallet.
It doesn’t, but, the smaller blade shape with the dot addresses that segment well as both get the eyes left like no alignment did

I’m also curious how the two-tone head played a role, if any, if the alignment plates that are offered to sit behind that black top line.
The scheme was chosen intentionally to aid alignment, yes.

Great write up @Jman and it seems that Edel continues to be fully confident to the extent of the fitting process. The F-2 caught my eye immediately as I prefer that shape.
The wide bodied blade continues to grow in popularity haha

@Jman -great piece and lots of information. I tend to be a "left-aimer" and two OEM's have told me that for alignment I should use a simple dot on the top and that lines are no good for me.
Forward dot actually accentuates a left aim bias for a right handed golfer.

Longer shapes (mallets) take the aim more right, as will offset and elongated alignment aids that stretch to the rear of the club.

Going back through the article, the amount of options out of the fitting kit is pretty amazing. The ability to swap weights, alignment options, etc is awesome.

@Jman any idea if those options will be available to purchase to tinker at home?
All extras will be available for purchase, though I don’t think they will be selling the kits.

Excellent writeup, thanks! Looking forward to the additional info you said was coming.

I should have one in hand today thanks to the weather delay, and then another model very soon. So there will be some good in hand pics coming.

I think the class needs to take a field trip to Colorado. My mom will sign a permission slip and make a bag lunch.

Back