Do You Wear Shoes In Your House?

TheHeez

Reaction score
Handicap
The sandals while traveling thread got me thinking. Do you wear your shoes in your home?

We are a “hard no” household. My wife is a clean freak and I have been converted.

The Office Yes GIF

We do not- have a mud room that is the area where shoes go on and off.

Sometimes, but I generally will always take my shoes off soon after walking in the door. I rarely will have shoes on upstairs.

Shoes off at the door, well most of the time.

I have a child and a dog, until neither one of those are in the house and we get new carpet, yep I wear shoes.

I have a pair of slippers I wear in the house.

I'm been known to change my sweater pullover and shoes when I get to the house, but yes still wear them in the house. #IAmMrRogers

I don't put shoes on until I'm going somewhere. If I'm staying at home/hanging out in the back yard, I'm barefoot whenever possible.

We're not strict about taking them off immediately upon entry or not putting them on until you're outside of the house or anything like that - it's more of just a preference than it is a "rule".

Nope. I am guilty of it occasionally but my wife is not pleased if she catches me doing it.

We're like 50/50 depending on the season

Yup. No shoes on the furniture though.

Absolutely not.

When in the house, shoes come off, slippers go on.

Not a hard and fast rule, but we tend to not wear them inside. I have slippers or slides for the house.

We do...but not in rooms with carpeting.

I don't, my wife will sometimes wear slippers. However, it's not a requirement in our home, if family or guests want to wear shoes or not, it's their choice.

I have no issues with shoes on in my home. If they are muddy take them off at the door or something, but my whole downstairs is tile so it's not a big deal.

I do, my wife not so much. It is just such a PITA taking them off and on if you are going outside doing stuff. Once retired for the evening shoes are off in the mudroom

House shoes (slides/flipflops) that only get used in the house.

I would say it's pretty close to 50/50. One of the main items we spent money on when we recently built our home was to have the same hardwood or tile floor throughout. We will NEVER have carpet in our home again. We mop it once a week. I do try to not wear shoes if I am in for a while. But its a pain in the ass to go from out on the patio to inside the kitchen for an event such as a BBQ.

I do, my wife not so much. It is just such a PITA taking them off and on if you are going outside doing stuff. Once retired for the evening shoes are off in the mudroom

We pretty much enter/exit through the garage door, so we have a huge shoe rack next to it for all our footwear needs. Definitely have my flip flops and slip on Vans ready to rumble for quick exits. It’s a little bit of a pain but you get used to it and the lack of the world’s outside filth is worth it IMO.

Like others have said, legit house slippers make it enjoyable.

Back