Do You Pickleball?

any recommendations for a beginners set? are the sets on amazon like mten any good?
They are fine but definitely aren’t something you’re going to stick with long if you enjoy it. At least make sure to get a fiberglass paddle set instead of wood

They are fine but definitely aren’t something you’re going to stick with long if you enjoy it. At least make sure to get a fiberglass paddle set instead of wood
Thanks! Will def steer away from wood paddles. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Saw this yesterday and it made me chuckle.

IMG_4606.jpeg

Thanks! Will def steer away from wood paddles. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?
if you’re set on getting one of those starter sets, that’s about all you should need!

if you’re set on getting one of those starter sets, that’s about all you should need!
Got it thanks. Wife expressed interest in wanting to try but don’t want to invest too much if she’s only going try it once or twice and then lose interest.

Yep, saw that last weekend. Silly to me but I’m sure it’s selling decently
Yeah. It wouldn’t be there if they didn’t think it would sell. Good for them.

Got it thanks. Wife expressed interest in wanting to try but don’t want to invest too much if she’s only going try it once or twice and then lose interest.
I’d guess you’ll be buying new paddles quickly! It’s so fun

I jumped straight in to a $70 paddle and bought a $170 a week later. Now I have two more paddles on top of that as well 😅

I would have a fifth already if I didn’t have a trip that I was saving up for that starts tomorrow!

I have never played. My son and some friends (twenty years old) recently started playing and love it. One of his buddies was over the other day and I asked how was pickleball. He said, “I am obsessed. I thought about it all day at work”

I told him that it sounds like me with golf. Godspeed young man.

any recommendations for a beginners set? are the sets on amazon like mten any good?
This is the first set I bought. It’s now almost double what I paid, but still not too bad at $130 for 2 paddles. I still have the paddles and like them - lots of power, decent touch, easy to spin. Definitely a good starter set. Paddle manufacturers are taking advantage of the popularity. Prices have gone through the roof. It’s easy to find paddles for $300+ these days. Kinda like price trajectory of golf clubs.

Edit - Amazon link won’t paste. The paddles are Rally Tyro 2 Pro. 2 for $130 and set comes with 4 balls.

It’s bout to begin.

IMG_4636.jpeg

Back