Cobra DARKSPEED Irons

I will be sure and check these out in hand at my GolfTec evaluation.

Just under 24 hours before my full bag fitting at GolfTEC and I'm not sure I could be more excited for it. My swing is far from perfect right now, but it's day & night different than it was the first time I hit the Darkspeed (driver and irons). It can't get here fast enough.

I hope to order my Darkspeed set next week. Going 4-SW one length, I just need to nail down what shaft I want. The stock KBS Tour Lites seemed to be a good fit for me but I'm going to try the stock graphite and maybe a couple of the custom shafts that are available. Going to start some shaft testing this week. I would typically wait to the end of the season to buy a set of irons when the price comes down a bit but I don't care, they are that good and want them to start my season. I really hope the finish holds up. Within the last three weeks I have talked three friends into going Cobra and all I said is "just try them and compare". One went LTDx Driver and just bought the King Tours CB's, the other is ordering either Forged Tecs or Darkspeeds and third is going Darkspeed.

Just under 24 hours before my full bag fitting at GolfTEC and I'm not sure I could be more excited for it. My swing is far from perfect right now, but it's day & night different than it was the first time I hit the Darkspeed (driver and irons). It can't get here fast enough.
Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Be looking forward to you thoughts and what your fitting shows.

I hope to order my Darkspeed set next week. Going 4-SW one length, I just need to nail down what shaft I want. The stock KBS Tour Lites seemed to be a good fit for me but I'm going to try the stock graphite and maybe a couple of the custom shafts that are available. Going to start some shaft testing this week. I would typically wait to the end of the season to buy a set of irons when the price comes down a bit but I don't care, they are that good and want them to start my season. I really hope the finish holds up. Within the last three weeks I have talked three friends into going Cobra and all I said is "just try them and compare". One went LTDx Driver and just bought the King Tours CB's, the other is ordering either Forged Tecs or Darkspeeds and third is going Darkspeed.
All very solid choices.

I was able to hit both the King Tour and Darkspeed irons (both with KBS TGI 75g) today and came away happy with the results. I expected the feel of the King Tour to far exceed that of the Darkspeed, but I was wrong. The King Tour feel buttery-smooth, but I have remained pleasently surprised by the Darkspeed irons. I don't know how else to descrbe them, other than "easy". They are just easy to hit, go forever, and honestly feel great. I felt like they were extremely consistent, with no fliers to speak of. Also, in case anyone forgot, these are still perhaps the best looking iron finish out there. Gorgeous in-hand and aesthetically pleasing!

Avg ball speed:
Darkspeed - 112
King Tour - 110

Avg carry (7i):
Darkspeed - 162
King Tour - 155

Avg backspin:
Darkspeed - 4500
King Tour - 5520

Avg launch angle:
Darkspeed - 16.9
King Tour - 20.2

Avg offline (dispersion):
Darkspeed - 7.4 yds
King Tour - 1.5 yds

Avg descent angle:
Darkspeed - 41.7
King Tour - 46.3

I would encourage folks to give these an honest look if you're in the market for new irons. I haven't gamed game improvement irons in two decades, but these could easily live in my bag!

I was able to hit both the King Tour and Darkspeed irons (both with KBS TGI 75g) today and came away happy with the results. I expected the feel of the King Tour to far exceed that of the Darkspeed, but I was wrong. The King Tour feel buttery-smooth, but I have remained pleasently surprised by the Darkspeed irons. I don't know how else to descrbe them, other than "easy". They are just easy to hit, go forever, and honestly feel great. I felt like they were extremely consistent, with no fliers to speak of. Also, in case anyone forgot, these are still perhaps the best looking iron finish out there. Gorgeous in-hand and aesthetically pleasing!

Avg ball speed:
Darkspeed - 112
King Tour - 110

Avg carry (7i):
Darkspeed - 162
King Tour - 155

Avg backspin:
Darkspeed - 4500
King Tour - 5520

Avg launch angle:
Darkspeed - 16.9
King Tour - 20.2

Avg offline (dispersion):
Darkspeed - 7.4 yds
King Tour - 1.5 yds

Avg descent angle:
Darkspeed - 41.7
King Tour - 46.3

I would encourage folks to give these an honest look if you're in the market for new irons. I haven't gamed game improvement irons in two decades, but these could easily live in my bag!
Does spin and descent angle bother you.

Would you game the King Tour's? Those numbers with the tour are deserving of more research, or maybe tweaking the lofts on the Darkspeed.

Although I struck out on Cobra putters I was able to get a few swings in with a Darkspeed 7i as a consolation.
As many have said previously, the finish on these are really really good. It makes them stand out a bit but not overly glaring and in your face different. Classy.
Size for a GI is quite compact. Do not look like shovels at address and well designed to make them look sleek.
I was getting some good balls speeds and feeling off the face. Decent feedback where I could tell where my misses were. The thin misses were not overly punished which is big for me.
I would have to tweak the lofts a bit to get myself in a good launch and spin window. I am quite low spin with my irons to begin with but not being able to get over 4k will take some tinkering. I dont think the KBS Tour Lite is quite the right shaft for me.

Darkspeed line from the woods to the irons have been very impressive so far.

Would you game the King Tour's? Those numbers with the tour are deserving of more research, or maybe tweaking the lofts on the Darkspeed.
I believe I could game either set. As far as which would be better (KT vs tweaking DS lofts: I’m ignorant.

Here is a size comparison between ZX5 and Darkspeed 7 irons and no the ZX5 is not closed unfortunately the ZX5 turned a bit when I took the photo.

1709140694193.png
1709140748424.png

I know it's been said, but whether it's due to the darker finish or something completely different, the Darkspeed irons (at address) look more compact than I would have ever expected. Even switching between the Darkspeed and King Tour irons, I never felt like the Darkspeed looked at all "chunky".

I know it's been said, but whether it's due to the darker finish or something completely different, the Darkspeed irons (at address) look more compact than I would have ever expected. Even switching between the Darkspeed and King Tour irons, I never felt like the Darkspeed looked at all "chunky".
They do say that dark colors are slimming but I do agree with you I have been surprised with how compact they look. Especially compared to something like the 923 HMP's that I previously gamed. The lighter finish on the HMP's made them look bigger than they were so I can totally see the opposite being true.

I moved from ping G25’s, which were a very forgiving set that I still can’t part with because of the sentimental value. But when I went for a fitting and hit these and went against Paradym AI and the Ping G430s. Several trips to hit and then analyze.

I like the weight of the club on this and went with KBS C-taper shafts. A few adjustments and I saw the carry start to consistently hit in the 167-177 range with a 7. For me that weight and firmness is everything. It took me less hits to get dialed in, and the look was so much better than the Pings to me.

This is the first time I’ve felt the extra club length style of clubs like these. My 5 is doing what my Ping 4 iron was doing…plus some. Who knew that golf tech that is 10 years newer and properly measured clubs make a difference!

The main reason these came into play was a recommendation from a friend who is a much better golfer. And I’m glad for it. A few more practice sessions and I’ll be ready to hit the course.

I placed the order on the 21st and everything arrived on the 29th, a full week earlier than the original proposed ship date. Just making it the best leap year ever.

I think I have too big a gap from my current 7 iron to 6 hybrid. I may pick up one or two of these to fill it….

Need to spend a little more time in the bay with these

I think I have too big a gap from my current 7 iron to 6 hybrid. I may pick up one or two of these to fill it….

Need to spend a little more time in the bay with these
What's your 7 iron?

Great question… today was the Edel SMS. Also have the 2020 Forged Tec
I've dabbled in using some of the previous Cobra lines like that, I think it could work for ya

Going back over some numbers from my previous fitting session and remembering how easy the Darkspeed irons were to hit, but even more impressed by the sound and feel I experienced. Really blown away.

Anyone currently gaming Darkspeed irons? What has your experience been thus far?

Going back over some numbers from my previous fitting session and remembering how easy the Darkspeed irons were to hit, but even more impressed by the sound and feel I experienced. Really blown away.

Anyone currently gaming Darkspeed irons? What has your experience been thus far?
I am gaming them(one length though)

I switched from the zx5s and basically every shot is just straighter(game improvement?!?) and about 10y further...scored my best the first round out with them. So far no complaints!

I am gaming them(one length though)

I switched from the zx5s and basically every shot is just straighter(game improvement?!?) and about 10y further...scored my best the first round out with them. So far no complaints

WIth the added distances, how did you do holding greens? Any issues?

WIth the added distances, how did you do holding greens? Any issues?
Tbh not good enough to worry about holding greens...but with one length my shots are definitely lower on higher irons

Back