Cobra Brings Back Trusty Rusty Wedges

I would love to hold this one to feel the head weight for myself. I think it could really help with feel and maybe even getting down on it for more spin. Thanks for the feedback and video guys.

I saw that these wedges have some goffier lofts. Are they meant to be bent?

I saw these in Golfsmith the other day and LOVED the way the fully pre-rested ones looked. From an asthetics stand point I have never seen wedges that appealed more to my eye. Can't wait to see the full review on these.

Right now I'm debating between these, the 588s, and the Mizuno R12. I like the looks of these best. To those that have used them how does the "tri bounce" work?

Right now I'm debating between these, the 588s, and the Mizuno R12. I like the looks of these best. To those that have used them how does the "tri bounce" work?

to be honest I didn't really notice much effect of the tri bounce. It definitely is a heavier wedge.
That same weekend I tested the 588's, J40's, Mizuno JPX, and this club. The 588 and J40 were top of the list for me, 1 and 1a.

I think these are just bada$$ looking with that shaft.

I think these are just bada$$ looking with that shaft.

they sure are. I think they are a sweet looking stick. I'm going to try to spend more time with them at the outing

they sure are. I think they are a sweet looking stick. I'm going to try to spend more time with them at the outing

Me too dude. I'm gonna spend more time with them before the outing I think. That was a sweet sounding shot by Chunky.

While I hate the name of this wedge I finally saw it at GG and it looks awesome. Very good looking.

These are on right now at GolfTown in Canada for 2 for $150. I don't need any wedges right now, but that seems like a hell of a deal for a wedge a lot of people seem to really like.

Really considering a 51* full rusty version of one of these so I can be rocking something Cobra in the bag too.

Plus, I like rusty.

Really considering a 51* full rusty version of one of these so I can be rocking something Cobra in the bag too.

Plus, I like rusty.

Good bump. These would be pretty fun to game. Cobra goodness is needed for my bag too.

I like the idea of the scallop on the club head these always have my attention when I'm in the store. Damikis you should try and Amp hybrid or driver.

I'm actually hoping that cobra releases a new wedge for 2012. I thought these looked good but they may have been my least favorite wedge released this past year.

I'm actually hoping that cobra releases a new wedge for 2012. I thought these looked good but they may have been my least favorite wedge released this past year.

I agree with you. At first I liked them but as my short game morphed I soon had a change of heart. That scallop doesn't work for off turf at all.

Nice looking wedges but not something I'd game. They look a little bulky. I prefer wedges that are blade-like for more feel.

Plus, I like rusty.
I searched the staff bags in ATL for a Trusty Rusty, but couldnt find one. I liked this one at Demo Day in orlando, wanted to give it another shot.

Nice looking wedges but not something I'd game. They look a little bulky. I prefer wedges that are blade-like for more feel.

Not jumping on you but can you clarify what you mean by "blade-like" these do not have a cavity.

I searched the staff bags in ATL for a Trusty Rusty, but couldnt find one. I liked this one at Demo Day in orlando, wanted to give it another shot.

I have a strange feeling your going to be hitting a lot of Cobra over the next year.

Now this needs to be bumped :D

I'm definitely going with a 3 wedge setup next season. Pumped about the Morgan Cup, and which wedges would be perfect for the Myrtle Beach courses True Blue & Caledonia.

The Big Trusty Rusty is out of question due to my need of left handed clubs.

So I'm thinking 51° 55° & 59° in rust.

Any recent thoughts about these babies?

How is the tri-bounce thing working for those of you who play these regularly?

I was looking at these earlier today. If there is one piece of equipment that I am worried about for the MC it's these wedges. My experience with them was not all that good. That being said, I'm sure with more time I will get used to them and they will work for me. I think I could maybe get away with a 51-57 with these.

never hit, only seen...but i'm with you here Dean. especially since i am so comfortable with my current wedges...i will admit, i am scared.
but work, work, and then some more work will just need to be done.

loft would depend on the iron set, but i'd more than likely bend these odd numbered wedges to 48/52/56.
and if my pre-order experience is poor, possibly opt for a gap wedge in the iron set to replace the 48.

[/QUOTE]

watching this video makes me think back to all the fun that was had that weekend.

I'm thinking that if I get the AMP CELL Pro irons, could get the 51°/55°/59° bent down 1° to get even 4° gaps...to bend the irons 1° is also an option...the 6 iron is 30° and I can't see it as bad thing to have it 31°. But might be easier to just bend the wedges. Haven't hit these ever, so I'm quite excited to give them a go.

Chunky approved?
i'm all in then.
how do i get ahold of him to ask him for some feedback?

Back