Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Nice pickup!!!!!!!!!! You are going to love using the Mashie even more on the course. Sweet deal Azza.

Just had my first hit of the Mashie :) The first few swings were stinkers but i was feeling the pressure as it was my first ever club fitting. I started to relax a little and wow... Was hitting the mashie 3 and according to the launch monitor i was hitting it about 200 with a little draw (when i say 200 im not 100% sure if it was meters or yards) Im in Australia so everything here is usually in meters but i just didnt take the time to check. I got to find out my swing speed for the first time as well which was a little exciting, it was consistantly around 95mph, I have no idea what that really means for me but none the less its nice to find out. So all in all i was very happy with the look and feel of the mashie, my most surprising moment was when i saw the head cover for the first time, i was picturing it to be so much bigger than it actually is and i was concerned having a bag full of head covers would be a bit messy. The petite little sock is just another hightlight of the mashie. The other major highlight is the price, my local golf store is charging $129AUD which i thought was insanely low for such a great club... In the end i decided to hand over the deposit for an M3 and an M5 and now all i have to do is wait untill the 21st for it to be released in Australian stores.

After practicing yesterday, I'm about 99.5% sure I'm going M1.

Mashie prison calender update, they ship from Blind9Golf today!!!! Oh please let the mashies ship out today.

Mashie prison calender update, they ship from Blind9Golf today!!!! Oh please let the mashies ship out today.

That is right!!! I can't wait to get the M1 in my hands!

I'm with ya! I'm almost ready to pull the trigger. I'm horrible with decisions like this haha. Just after having another back week with the woods it just makes more sense to have the M1.

That is right!!! I can't wait to get the M1 in my hands!

I think today is Blind9 shipping day right?!

WHOOO! I'm hoping! Its going to be abox jam packed full of Cleveland goodness for me.....WHOO!

In addendum.

I'm going with a quasi-strange setup. I had previously ordered the M2 and M4 as I really think I can control those gaps with swing and choking here and there but I also love my 4-woods and they have been a godsend for me off of the tee since I've rid myself of a slice. So, I went with the 17* FL Launcher as well, kinda strange with an 18* M2 in the bag too I know but I've always hit a 4W longer than I have a 3W and I'm sure this will be no exception. Besides, for the price point of what you are getting in these 2011 Cleveland clubs, you almost can't help it if you rebuilding a bag.

I think that is a great setup Jman. Since the length of the 17* 3 wood is 2.75" longer than the 18* Mashie, there should a very noticeable difference in their distance. Let us know how it works!

In addendum.

I'm going with a quasi-strange setup. I had previously ordered the M2 and M4 as I really think I can control those gaps with swing and choking here and there but I also love my 4-woods and they have been a godsend for me off of the tee since I've rid myself of a slice. So, I went with the 17* FL Launcher as well, kinda strange with an 18* M2 in the bag too I know but I've always hit a 4W longer than I have a 3W and I'm sure this will be no exception. Besides, for the price point of what you are getting in these 2011 Cleveland clubs, you almost can't help it if you rebuilding a bag.

This is a very similar setup I've recently been milling over. Currently I am playing a 4-pw iron set, and I was really trying to keep the cost down on some hybrids with some nickent's. However I am now leaning very hard on picking up a m2 & m4. I rarely hit the 4i well so thats why it is out of my bag now. I am still deciding if I want to go 3 or 4w in my bag.

In addendum.

Shipping delay

Shipping delay

WHOOO! I'm hoping! Its going to be abox jam packed full of Cleveland goodness for me.....WHOO!

OK... we just talked with Cleveland who said our order DID not get out. I'm so sorry there's going to be a delay. They said our order is all set to be shipped - so I imagine we'll be getting them on Monday or Tuesday. They have had it in the warehouse for a few days (being picked - today is day 3 day that it's still in the warehouse, for stock orders) and we've been hounding them every day.

I'll update you as soon as I hear. We should get tracking from them soon.

Thanks all!

thanks for the update Patty!
OK... we just talked with Cleveland who said our order DID not get out. I'm so sorry there's going to be a delay. They said our order is all set to be shipped - so I imagine we'll be getting them on Monday or Tuesday. They have had it in the warehouse for a few days (being picked - today is day 3 day that it's still in the warehouse, for stock orders) and we've been hounding them every day.

Thanks all!

Thanks all!

thanks for the update Patty!

Thanks for being understanding. I feel so bad that we don't have them in yet! I will keep you guys posted.

no big deal, just up us to over night shipping(just kidding of course). This stuff happens

Thanks all!

Thanks Patty for the update! I am never buying Cleveland again! J/K

Finally got some warm weather around here. Will be taking the mashie out tomorrow, sunday and probably monday as well.

Thanks for the update Patty, these delays happen unfortunatly. Well next week there will be mashie fever.

Thank you Patty! It will be worth it! I know it!

So Patty they ship to you and then you ship to us?

So Patty they ship to you and then you ship to us?

Not to butt in (but I asked this in a PM lol), yes they do, the clubs ship out from SoCal so once they go out they should have them super quick.

Thanks Jman. I'm in no rush but I do hope I am in the initial order.

Mashie M2 in Norway :D I only have time for a round on simulator this weekend but hope to try it on a course next week.

If I like it I'm getting an M1 and M4 too.

No, we don't have any snow here on the west coast of Norway at the moment (just a few snow days each year). No polar bears either :laughing:

DSC00387.jpg

Alright well now people are just teasing me. No polar bears?? thats not any fun, I had to fight off two polar bears on the way to my car from my igloo here in Canada. I find it to be a great morning workout. Nice Mashie man you are going to love it.

Do you also have the electricity generating igloo snow for your computer as well CB?

Fish cakes to all you and your initial order :p I imagine my shaft change might take a bit given the demand on these puppies

Back