Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Almost pulled the trigger on these today while picking up my Cg16's. Just didn't "love" the look at address and HATE the headcover. I gotta like the way something looks before I can play it. Gonna stay with the I 15 hybrids for at least the start of the golf season. CAn't wait to hit these new irons.

Tried a friend's today while out on the course and IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD! Amazing feel off the club face and the launch was just beautiful! I must add (at least) one to my bag and I suggest everyone else to do the same!

We were hoping to be in Mashie range out on the course. We watched a slow group on the 18th fairway. One of the guys hit a house with his approach. The person who lived there was watching from his enclosed backyard. He yelled back, nice shot. We were laughing pretty hard. Once we composed ourselves, we hit some shots with the mashie on the par 3, 17. On my 3rd try, I hit one within 20 feet of the pin. The Miyazaki shaft makes this club, end of story.

Guess I'm in the fraternity now guys. Picked on up yesterday, M1, we'll see how she does.

Guess I'm in the fraternity now guys. Picked on up yesterday, M1, we'll see how she does.

I'm going to be trying the same thing Due. Mine should be here Weds

I'm going to be trying the same thing Due. Mine should be here Weds

Good luck ddec. If the inside bay is any indication this should be a beast. I had to cut it down a little, but I was hitting it pretty solid in there at least.

Glad you tried and liked the TS.. I thought you would enjoy some Mashie love!!

I was really shocked at how good they were- and I came in extra critical since I loved the Bobby Jones ones I was using. But no way I was leaving the store without them.

Last edited:
do you play with the head cover on? :act-up:

Almost pulled the trigger on these today while picking up my Cg16's. Just didn't "love" the look at address and HATE the headcover. I gotta like the way something looks before I can play it. Gonna stay with the I 15 hybrids for at least the start of the golf season. CAn't wait to hit these new irons.

you have to take the cover off to play ? oh wow, that's why my drives suck :alien2:

do you play with the head cover on? :act-up:

Played 18 today and on the front 9 I couldn't hit my hybrids to save my life, I realized what I was doing though, and from then on the Mashies were amazing. The M2 is just getting better and better.

Youre not allowed to have a breakthrough, mention it but not tell us, spill the beans!

I'm betting he had the ball too far up in his stance

I'm betting he was playing with his head cover on again! Crazy how much better it hits with it off.

Maybe both? Playing the ball too far forward with the headcover on is asking for disaster.

Tried a friend's today while out on the course and IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD! Amazing feel off the club face and the launch was just beautiful! I must add (at least) one to my bag and I suggest everyone else to do the same!

We were hoping to be in Mashie range out on the course. We watched a slow group on the 18th fairway. One of the guys hit a house with his approach. The person who lived there was watching from his enclosed backyard. He yelled back, nice shot. We were laughing pretty hard. Once we composed ourselves, we hit some shots with the mashie on the par 3, 17. On my 3rd try, I hit one within 20 feet of the pin. The Miyazaki shaft makes this club, end of story.

Truth! Hahaha.

M2 is now the truth, I was struggling with it at first but after a lesson the other day and my commenting to the pro that I was having trouble hitting it, he had me take 3 swings with my M3, which were all hit great, and then 3 swings with the M2 which were all mediocre to bad. He then just said, I'm arm swinging with the M2 and coming over the top, cause I'm trying to get too much distance out of it. I just started swinging smoothly and hitting the ball with my core and I'm seeing exactly what I'm looking for, about 220 carry with the great Mashie ball flight.

With my Mashie M3, I'm having to change my swing in order for me not to hit a hook. I can hit every other club in my bag straight, but not this thing with my normal swing. In order to hit it straight, I have to swing very easy. What gives?

With my Mashie M3, I'm having to change my swing in order for me not to hit a hook. I can hit every other club in my bag straight, but not this thing with my normal swing. In order to hit it straight, I have to swing very easy. What gives?

The stock shaft in the Mashie wants to be swung in a smooth easy tempo, if you have an aggresive swing with a fast transition, the shaft combined with the offset will cause you to hit hooks. With a smooth swing are you still seeing the distance you are looking for?

Testify CB!
M2 is now the truth, I was struggling with it at first but after a lesson the other day and my commenting to the pro that I was having trouble hitting it, he had me take 3 swings with my M3, which were all hit great, and then 3 swings with the M2 which were all mediocre to bad. He then just said, I'm arm swinging with the M2 and coming over the top, cause I'm trying to get too much distance out of it. I just started swinging smoothly and hitting the ball with my core and I'm seeing exactly what I'm looking for, about 220 carry with the great Mashie ball flight.

I have been testing the R11 TP Rescue, which I believed had the top performance out of any of this years hybrids. But I did a comparison yesterday with the Mashie. The Mashie equals it in every category, and I even had more consistent distance with the Mashie. They were all within about 5 yards of each other. The R11 varied about 10 yards in the 10 balls I hit with it. I just think the Mashie is ugly. I can't stand the silver...thats just me. We're here to be honest right?

I have been testing the R11 TP Rescue, which I believed had the top performance out of any of this years hybrids. But I did a comparison yesterday with the Mashie. The Mashie equals it in every category, and I even had more consistent distance with the Mashie. They were all within about 5 yards of each other. The R11 varied about 10 yards in the 10 balls I hit with it. I just think the Mashie is ugly. I can't stand the silver...thats just me. We're here to be honest right?

I get not liking the looks, I don't think it would be for everyone. You can't argue with its performance though, just an awesome club, that is the easiest hybrid I have ever hit.

well then it doesnt equall it in every category if you think its ugly lol, i really need to get out once im not sick and try the mashie

well then it doesnt equall it in every category if you think its ugly lol, i really need to get out once im not sick and try the mashie

It equals it in every performance category. Just not in looks. But I love the looks of the R11 and performance is so close between the 2 for me that I think I will continue to stick with the R11 in the bag. I've still got this Mashie demo for 2 more weeks tho so once I get some course comparison done I will see if I can get over the looks of the Mashie.

It equals it in every performance category. Just not in looks. But I love the looks of the R11 and performance is so close between the 2 for me that I think I will continue to stick with the R11 in the bag. I've still got this Mashie demo for 2 more weeks tho so once I get some course comparison done I will see if I can get over the looks of the Mashie.

i really need to get on course with one of these, a hook is my miss so im kinda scared ill be hooking the mashie every time

Back