Cleveland Golf CG16 "Play it Forward" Promotion

There still shipping them out. I just got off the phone with a very nice lady at Cleveland golf.

They accidentally sent the email to everyone instead of the few that were suppose to get them in the first time frame. There on #330 and im number #730 and she said mine will be going out this week. So just be patient, if you got the email, you will get the iron(it might be next week or it might be next month). Its all set up by time frame on were they go first and depending on which number you are then thats when you will get the iron.

Thank you bridges!

There still shipping them out. I just got off the phone with a very nice lady at Cleveland golf.

They accidentally sent the email to everyone instead of the few that were suppose to get them in the first time frame. There on #330 and im number #730 and she said mine will be going out this week. So just be patient, if you got the email, you will get the iron(it might be next week or it might be next month). Its all set up by time frame on were they go first and depending on which number you are then thats when you will get the iron.

Or you could be an insider and already have yours :D.. hehe just kidding!

Good deal, they should have sent a follow up email to let us impatient types breathe a little easier. :waiting:

Thanks, Bridges good info. I've been trying to line up the right person to hand it off to seeing I have already been playing the CG16s.

Good deal, they should have sent a follow up email to let us impatient types breathe a little easier. :waiting:

Ya, but once they sent that email to everyone, im sure it probably would have been very difficult to tell everyone when they should expect theirs. Probably would have had to email each person and tell them when they should expect it and that was probably way to difficult to try and do. Just me guessing though.

Another little update.

From Cleveland Golf facebook page:

Hey everyone,

We apologize to those who have not received their Play It Forward clubs. We have addressed the problem; you can expect your club shortly. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate the continued loyalty!

Didn't win in the TM tester contest, but that's alright. Lots of great people are gonna do well with that. I just wish this thing would hurry up and get here so I can try my hand in testing/reviewing something!!!
I was thinking the same exact thing and the burner 2.0 6 iron came today, hopin the cg16 shows up tomorrow so i can get to testing them. Really like the looks of the 2.0!

I got the 7 iron from fedex today...it will be passed off first thing tomorrow.

I already have the TM 2.0 burner 6 iron but am still waiting to get the Cleveland to test them both and then pass them both on.

Just got my CG16 7i dropped off by FedEx today. Excited to take it out tomorrow and to get to give a bit of feedback on what makes this a great or just so so club.
My initial impressions are that this club, although not a beauty contest winner, isn't as ugly as people have made it out to be. It has a bit of a classical and techy look to it both at the same time. For the most par I think they went with understatement As the idea of the day in the aesthetics of this one. Not too busy not too boring.
It is a bit longer than any other 7i that I have ever played. However I'll give it a chance as is for a bit before I probably start to do the inevitable and begin choking down on it a bit. Who knows, maybe it won't be a problem and she'll work just fine at this length.
The top line thickness and offset are obviously that of a GI/SGI iron but are not as much so as the last set of irons produced by Cleveland, the CG7. They are just a smidge less thick from the looks at address and have noticeably less offset although it is present.
Something that I couldn't seem to get past is that this iron seems to look to me like it might have a very small draw bias. I can't tell if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but when I put her down in the dirt it looks as though the face is ever so slightly closed. That may just be my eyes playing tricks on me.
With such high end shafts being put into all of their woods and hybrids I feel like Cleveland is kind of skimping on the irons shaft department. The Traction shafts were not to my liking with the old CG7 irons and I don't figure that I'll like them much better this time around. This of course will not be the case for everyone. And in the end you can always order yours from Cleveland with several different premium shaft offerings for an upcharge.
Tomorrow I'm gonna take this bad boy to the Klipper at Kaneohe course and give it a little play time to see what my initial thoughts are. I'll keep everyone posted over the next week or so before I decide to Play It Forward.

Just wanted to take back what I said on some comments on my last post. It has been a while since I had my CG7 irons. I was thinking that they were clunkier than what they actually are. So while I was at Roger Dunn earlier getting my new Blueboard for the R11 regripped I headed over to the Cleveland irons rack. I held up the CG7 7i vs the CG16 7i and from address and looking at the front of the face they are identical twins it seems. Only change is the small difference in loft between the two. It's not until you turn the club around and look at the cavity that you can see these are different clubs. Looks like Cleveland just took a popular and nice looking head and reconfigured the guts and bumped up the loft a bit.

Looks like Cleveland just took a popular and nice looking head and reconfigured the guts and bumped up the loft a bit.

While the face may look similar, these are definitely different irons. In fact if you take most irons from the same line and look at the face they will look similar. The CG16 offer far better feel and I found them to be quite more forgiving on the heavy shots as well as out on the toe compared to the CG7s.

Nearly a month after the original e-mail from Cleveland the club has made it here. Now off to try it out!

Got mine yesterday and took it to the range last night.
I let a few of my friends hit it and the overall consensus is that it's very easy to hit.
One of them, a single handicap, really liked it. I watched him draw and fade it at will.

The club will not win any beauty contests, but like the Mashie it performs.

I want to try it off some turf instead of range mats, so I'm not quite ready to "Play it Forward" yet.

JB, I'm sure they are much different clubs. I wouldn't expect Cleveland would have put out the same club and then started making increased performance claims. I was just saying that people that have gamed the CG7s could expect a familiar look at address. Like I had said, when you look at the cavity you can definately tell they have changed up the club. Different cavity and improved weighting in the rear=better performance usaually. I definately expect to get the feeling of a better club, but I was happy to see a familiar face when looking down on these. :in-love:

The BF and I got ours already. I got mine 2 days ago and he got his yesterday. I don't think I'm going to use it since its a stiff flex and a men's club. So I guess the BF will have 2 Cleveland 7 irons :D

GC, you got one in stiff flex? Both of the clubs my wife and I received were regular.

My 7iron arrived at the Monkey Disco a few minutes ago. Regular flex shaft. THANK YOU CLEVELAND! I already have a buddy waiting to try it. I think this could be a perfect fit for him, so I am letting him pick it up on Thursday when he gets back in town. Very cool promo.

Passed mine off to a buddy this morning. He was not in position to hit it at all today. He is going to take it to the range.

I just received mine, but it's a regular flex shaft. Pretty disappointing.

Very surprising I thought all the clubs going out were R Flex? The one I got is a R Flex.

Surprised me too. I had spoke to a Cleveland rep before I posted on here a while back and she had told me that for ease of delivery and to fit the widest range of everyday golfers they would all be R flex.

Back