Cleveland Golf CG16 "Play it Forward" Promotion

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Mods, feel free to put this in the contests forum or merge it with the CG16 irons thread if it's more appropriate.

I just saw this on Cleveland Golf's blog page, they are running a promotion where they're going to send out 10,000 CG16 7-irons. If you get one of them, they want you to play it for a while, then pass it on to someone else, aka "Play It Forward". Here's the official release:
In order to keep all of you readers on your toes, I am excited to announce another great program today; Play It Forward. The Play It Forward program is centered around our new CG16 Iron, the latest in Iron technology from Cleveland Golf. Over the coming weeks and months we will be sending out 10,000 CG16 7Irons to golfers all across America.
How it works:
You can sign up to be an original entrant in the program; if selected, we will send you a CG16, 7 Iron. Each Iron will have its own individual code on the shaft which you can register online or text to a number provided. Once you play a few rounds with the iron (getting a feel for our club), you then “Play It Forward.” This means giving it to a friend, relative, co-worker, or basically whoever you know that plays golf. From there, that person will Play It Forward, and that person will Play it Forward, and so on and so forth.

Every person who participates will be automatically entered to win one of three grand prizes or 10 Runner up prizes. The Grand Prizes include an all expense paid trip to Sea Island, Georgia to play a round with Boo Weekley, and a new Launcher Ultralite driver of your choice. The Runner Up prizes include a new Ultralite driver of your choice.
We are very excited here at HQ to be providing you the highest quality Irons on the market. All we are asking is that you give it a try, and Play It Forward!

Here's where to sign up: http://webforms.clevelandgolf.com/clevelandgolf/playitforward/registration/

Thank you Arydolphin.

Neat idea. I hope that the folks who get them actually send them on.

Neat idea. I hope that the folks who get them actually send them on.

Me too. Unfortunately I think a lot of people see it as paying it forward to ebay. Its a shame really.

But what an awesome idea and something that I hope people get a chance at.

Me too. Unfortunately I think a lot of people see it as paying it forward to ebay. Its a shame really.

But what an awesome idea and something that I hope people get a chance at.

thats what happened when TM did this with the 2.0's...great concept but people are way too greedy!

Lol. So true. I'm gonna sign up. TM didn't choose me for either Burner promotion but I completely understand why they are so picky. Sucks to see all those clubs on ebay. Maybe people don't like to test and just want the $$ from the club, Ida know. Don't get it.

I signed up b/c I really want to hit this club, but I agree with JB and Overton, ebay will be littered. People suck.

Who's buying all these single clubs?

Who's buying all these single clubs?

well, If I was in the market for new clubs and the CG-16's were highly on my radar, I would drop $30 or so for a club to hit when I wanted to help me with my decision.

Thaks for posting this up! I'd love to give this club a shot. I got one of the '09 Burners when TM sent them out. I used it for about a month and gave it to a buddy, who ended up buying a set because he liked the 6 iron so much.

I'll definitely play it forward. Im signed up.

Thaks for posting this up! I'd love to give this club a shot. I got one of the '09 Burners when TM sent them out. I used it for about a month and gave it to a buddy, who ended up buying a set because he liked the 6 iron so much.

thats cool, you did exactly what they wanted. I am sure if you dont get one, someone here will and they prob wouldnt mind sending it around. If I get one, I will post I got it and send it off after some range time.

Thanks arydolphin, I signed up and I promise that should I be picked I will play it forward, I was picked also for the '09 promotion and gave it to a friends son. Not sure if he just bagged it or passed it on after he tried it. I told him when he finished "ebay, no way."

Cool promotion. This is THE set I am most interested in hitting at the outing. I hope I am chosen. These would go along great with a mashie or two.

Damn I skim shadied right over this part:

Every person who participates will be automatically entered to win one of three grand prizes or 10 Runner up prizes. The Grand Prizes include an all expense paid trip to Sea Island, Georgia to play a round with Boo Weekley, and a new Launcher Ultralite driver of your choice. The Runner Up prizes include a new Ultralite driver of your choice.

How cool would that be?

Damn I skim shadied right over this part:

How cool would that be?

Very cool, me and my camo are in! :bananadance:

Very cool, me and my camo are in! :bananadance:

Id buy a camo hat just for that round. And bring my one CG16 7 iron with me.

Thanks

Very cool! I'm thinking this set will be worth the free trade-in of my BPs from all the buzz. I'd love to get my hands on one of these to see how sweet it really is.

Reading the fine print:

GIVE-AWAY PRIZES/SELECTION CRITERIA:
To become a Qualified Entrant you must provide the following responses to the registration questions with your registration:

Entrants with 10-30 handicaps
Entrants who currently play Cleveland Golf, Callaway, Cobra, TaylorMade, Titleist, Ping, Adams, Mizuno, or Nike irons that fall within playability as CG16 irons
Entrants who are in the market for a new set of irons within the next 12 months
Entrants who play two or more times per month
Entrants who play most of their golf at a private club

So, if you really want to be selected, make sure you don't have a 7 handicap or play at a public course.

Reading the fine print:

GIVE-AWAY PRIZES/SELECTION CRITERIA:
To become a Qualified Entrant you must provide the following responses to the registration questions with your registration:

Entrants with 10-30 handicaps
Entrants who currently play Cleveland Golf, Callaway, Cobra, TaylorMade, Titleist, Ping, Adams, Mizuno, or Nike irons that fall within playability as CG16 irons
Entrants who are in the market for a new set of irons within the next 12 months
Entrants who play two or more times per month
Entrants who play most of their golf at a private club

So, if you really want to be selected, make sure you don't have a 7 handicap or play at a public course.

The private club thing is really strange. Sort of makes Cleveland look elitist since what 90% of golfers with 10-30 handicaps don't belong to any private club. I play 4 times a week have a 24 handicap and a Cleveland bag of Cleveland clubs. But I would be excluded. Does that make sense?

Back