Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Thanks OG. So you've decided to pick one of these up?

I was going to order one last night however I will wait for demo day at the May outing to smack a few. Hopefully they will have a 12 degree on site.

The Keegan Bradley edition that golf4life has sure does look good. And he tees the ball up high too. First time I saw him put a tee in the ground I thought he was going to go right under it and miss it was so high. But he just goes HAM on it like that. I found that I liked to tee the ball about the same as I would for the Fast 12 but higher then I would for the G20. I hate that it isnt available in 9.5*, who hell wants a 9*? I guess .5* doesnt make that much difference?

I was going to order one last night however I will wait for demo day at the May outing to smack a few. Hopefully they will have a 12 degree on site.

JB''s will be 12* with the Blue Series.

We will OG. I ordered 12 degree for the Morgan Cup.

The Keegan Bradley edition that golf4life has sure does look good. And he tees the ball up high too. First time I saw him put a tee in the ground I thought he was going to go right under it and miss it was so high. But he just goes HAM on it like that. I found that I liked to tee the ball about the same as I would for the Fast 12 but higher then I would for the G20. I hate that it isnt available in 9.5*, who hell wants a 9*? I guess .5* doesnt make that much difference?

I hear ya. If I would have stayed with the stock shaft I would have opted for the 9* head. I think the right shaft is pretty important for this driver.

I hear ya. If I would have stayed with the stock shaft I would have opted for the 9* head. I think the right shaft is pretty important for this driver.

Agreed. I was a little surprised that the white wasnt as board like as I thought it would be in x-flex. Are you getting your Classic to the range today?

Agreed. I was a little surprised that the white wasnt as board like as I thought it would be in x-flex. Are you getting your Classic to the range today?

Doubtful Kmac, due to the weather. I'll just hold it all day long.

We will OG. I ordered 12 degree for the Morgan Cup.

Awesome! Can't wait for the outing and especially demo day with all the cool stuff that will be on board.

Doubtful Kmac, due to the weather. I'll just hold it all day long.

Btw your pictures were spectacular. Really popped and brought that Classic to life. How does it feel in hand compared to the G20? Do you feel like youre going to go HAM with it? That huge arse face just screams hit it here and hit it hard.

Demoed several drivers @ PGA superstore on Friday, I got the best results with the Cleveland Classic 290 & Ping i20. After pondering for 2 days I couldn't get the Classic out of my head, and the ridiculous Amazon deal was calling me. Ordered a 10.5* 290 w/ stiff C Kua 43, we'll see how long the Amazon backorder takes to arrive...

Btw your pictures were spectacular. Really popped and brought that Classic to life. How does it feel in hand compared to the G20? Do you feel like youre going to go HAM with it? That huge arse face just screams hit it here and hit it hard.

Thanks man! I have a wicked camera and took those pics later in the day. Dude, it feels spectacular in hand. It feels much lighter than the G20 to be honest, even with the Black shaft. Wow, the clubface just looks like it's ready to royally punish golf balls. It's much bigger than I thought and it already gives me a lot of confidence to hammer Kmac.

I like your setup and it should be a bomber for ya! I will probably go with similar specs but with the blue at 12 degrees loft. Great pics buddy!

Curious, why 12* for the driver? Is the classic a low launching driver?

Demoed several drivers @ PGA superstore on Friday, I got the best results with the Cleveland Classic 290 & Ping i20. After pondering for 2 days I couldn't get the Classic out of my head, and the ridiculous Amazon deal was calling me. Ordered a 10.5* 290 w/ stiff C Kua 43, we'll see how long the Amazon backorder takes to arrive...

If you are going to get the stock shaft, that is the best place to order it for the price right now. Pretty amazing deal.

As much as I love this driver, mine just *might* be for sale in the marketplace soon. I went to our club's "Mega Demo Day" on Saturday, and the Razr Fit just beat out the Classic on the Tracman. The Callaway was only slightly longer, but much more consistent with tighter dispersion. We worked for a while getting me the correct shaft/loft combo and dialing in the settings, but once we did it was money. I'm not sure if the Fit was more forgiving than the Classic, or if it just fit my swing better so that I was hitting the sweet spot more consistently.

I didn't make a new purchase yet, because I was careful to consider that I often overswing when I'm in front of a Tracman radar. I only hit 4 drives with my Classic, and none of them felt quite right. So, I need a few more rounds with the Classic to see if I can keep the ball in the fairway. If I continue to struggle with wild drives at inopportune moments, then I will make a change.

I REALLY hate to part with this club, but if I have both the Classic and a Razer Fit in my garage, then I may as well sleep there.....because I won't be sleeping in my bed.

Last edited:
Getting caught up. Love the pics, TC. I can't to hear how you hit that thing. First round with it today?

My Classic spent yesterday wishing it had another owner lol. I just felt like I wasn't swinging any club throughout my whole bag. A lot of steering and not committing, which is what happens when I revert to my old swing. Accuracy was pretty good for the abomination of a swing I was giving the club. Really bummed me out since I've been so excited to bomb this thing. I'm scheduling some time with the pro this week, so I suppose I'll have to wait to hit it better until next weekend.

No Hawk, no golf today due to the weather. It's been rainy and cold for a couple of days now.

Sorry you didn't have the best day with it bro. Adjustment period.

Nice looking driver TC. I bet you are going to just bust some big drives with that thing!

No Hawk, no golf today due to the weather. It's been rainy and cold for a couple of days now.

Sorry you didn't have the best day with it bro. Adjustment period.

Jeez I'm surprised you haven't floated away by now.

Nice looking driver TC. I bet you are going to just bust some big drives with that thing!

Hopefully GD. That's the plan anyway.

Jeez I'm surprised you haven't floated away by now.

Yep, it wasn't meant to be. It arrived the day after I played and it's been bad golf weather since. I've been swinging it in the basement a lot and I love the weighting of it. Man, that face is huge. I reckon I'm goint to tee it high and let it fly!

I was teeing it way up there with pretty good results at the range. Regardless of any struggles, I was still able to put some good swings on it and the ball flight was pretty good. Not as high as some other 10.5 heads I've had, but no low bullets. I'll have to look and see which green line I am using on the epoch tees next time out.

Well, I can't wait to hit it dude. It's kind of killing me to be honest. I love looking at the thing. It's way sweeter in person than in pictures.

Big fella I told you this club looked 1000x better in person than it did in the original pictures we saw.

Big fella I told you this club looked 1000x better in person than it did in the original pictures we saw.

Yep....I put some salt n' pepper on my crow. Dude, I even like the wacky looking headcover. Easy to get on and off and just fitting for the driver. I could stare at the gold sole plate for a couple of hours, looking at all the cool details. They really did a great job of "throwing" this driver back. Everything about the head looks old school.

The head cover works well. It's not huge, and like you said, is very easy to get on/off.

I love that I get back from a weekend away and see that you guys are getting drivers. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you TC, great pics so far man. We have these for demo in the golf shop at my course, I've been tempted to hit it but haven't done it yet. Soon though.

Back