Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Great video with the Classic! Looks good

I really like the sound of that driver. I will have to "steal" TC's for a couple of swings.

Great initial vid, Hawk! You're going to blast this thing.

I am going to order the 12 degree with the heavier mid flight shaft this coming week.

Awesome! More members of the Classic Brotherhood.

I played 18 today and was really straightening this thing out. Nice high fades that went and went.

I am going to order the 12 degree with the heavier mid flight shaft this coming week.

Copycat...haha That is kinda what I am thinking about also.

Great initial vid, Hawk! You're going to blast this thing.

Awesome! More members of the Classic Brotherhood.

I played 18 today and was really straightening this thing out. Nice high fades that went and went.

JN -- KellyBo is wanting me to wait until demo day to make the big purchase and I might just do that. Makes too much sense huh? :bulgy-eyes:

JN -- KellyBo is wanting me to wait until demo day to make the big purchase and I might just do that. Makes too much sense huh? :bulgy-eyes:

It does, just because you may find a driver that you hit even better. Doubtful, but I'm biased.

Sure does OG. There will be a bunch of Classics out there to try.

I was able to get some swings in with golf4life's Classic today and I came away impressed. It's very forgiving across the face and seemed easy to hit on said face. My driver swing is a total mess now so the fact I hit it even remotely good was a miracle. I didn't see much distance because of my swing but it sure was straight. It was cool to finally hit this outside and I think all the MC dudes are going to be very happy.

Nice Hawk! Looking good buddy.

I returned home from the glorious Mountains of WNC around 5:30 this evening and I had a splendid package waiting for me! It's hard saying hello to your family and pretending like you're excited to see them when you know what waits you outside...............that throw back driver known as the Cleveland Classic!

When THP first broke the pics and press release about this driver, I wasn't so sure about it. In fact, I didn't care for the look at all. I was told from quite a few folks that once I saw it in person, those thoughts would change. Uh, you got that right! The more we learned about the Classic, the more we read about the Classic, the more it intrigued me. Mostly for a couple of reasons. First, the thought of something being touted a "spin killer" appeals to me. Second, that Cleveland has a driver with the largest club face surface................ever! And lastly, that it comes with a Miyazaki. All those three things combined really fits me to a tee.

So, then the time came to place an order. I have seen this driver in person, but never had the chance to demo one. I had to make my decision completely based on forum feedback and research. I decided to order a 10.5* head b/c I thought it might counteract the "spin kill-ability" of this driver. I haven't played a 10.5* driver in quite some time as I really need little assistance in getting the ball up in the air. I also opted for the Miyazaki Kusala Series Black (61S) shaft. I chose this shaft solely b/c I have a ton of experience with it and it just flat out works for me. Always has since the first time I met it. I also ordered my big stick at 44.75". I did this b/c for the past 5 months or so I have really been experimenting with a sub-45'' driver shaft. I've noticed three things through my process of doing this: I'm as long, if not longer, I'm finding more FIR's, and I'm hitting the center of the clubface far more frequently.

All of these components combined (the 10.5* head, the Kusala Black shaft, and the shorter shaft) should help me be the absolute most effective with this driver. At least that's my plan.

I want to take a moment to thank Cleveland Golf for allowing me to have this opportunity. I would also like to thank THP for dreaming big and letting me come along for the ride. If it weren't for both of you companies none of this would be possible.

Without further ado, my Cleveland Classic Driver:

DSC_0219-1.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0220-1.jpg

DSC_0221-1.jpg

DSC_0225-1.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0226-1.jpg

Wow, TC, it's a beauty. Looking forward to hearing how she treats you!

Gosh damn TC that SCREAMS hit me. I've not been a big fan of the look of the Classic and that's why I've been so quiet in this thread but wow.

Plus, that would be my ideal combo in it if it were me. Too alike.

Congrats TC! Gorgeous club!

I'm getting a bad case of driver envy.

Looks incredible TC

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's really pretty TC. Epic lefty goodness. Congrats!

Why do I picture you with a big ol ear to ear grin right now?! That's a sweet looking setup man, hope the rain clears for you tomorrow.

--
Tapatalk2

And another Classic arrives. Looks absolutely killer, TC.

Gorgeous TC, especially that last pic: PERFECT!

That looks awesome man, great pics and I can't wait to hear how you hit it.

Nice big stick TC.

Looks great TC! The best part of that is that I gets swung from the correct side of the ball. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on your first swings with that beauty.

Sweet looking stick TC!! I am looking forward on hearing about how it treats you on the course.

Add me to the list. My shop couldn't get the 9 degree in regular so I've ordered one from Amazon should be here in a couple of weeks hopefully.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

Add me to the list. My shop couldn't get the 9 degree in regular so I've ordered one from Amazon should be here in a couple of weeks hopefully.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

Excellent! I was so tempted to go with the 9* head. A lot of the reason I went with the Black series shaft is b/c of the 10.5* head.

I like your setup and it should be a bomber for ya! I will probably go with similar specs but with the blue at 12 degrees loft. Great pics buddy!

I like your setup and it should be a bomber for ya! I will probably go with similar specs but with the blue at 12 degrees loft. Great pics buddy!

Thanks OG. So you've decided to pick one of these up?

Back