Cleveland Claims Distance

Interesting to say the least, I may need to demo these.

I had the opportunity to demo the CG16 irons for two rounds when I was in Myrtle Beach and I would have to agree that they are the longest irons that I have ever played on a consistent basis.

Nothing more than a de-lofted set of irons. Better be longer... their 6 iron is equal to the Pro Combo 5. Wanna see if they're truly longer.. test the CG16 6 iron against other 5 irons.

Cleveland CG16:

IRON/ LOFT
3 19.00°
4 21.00°
5 24.00°
6 27.00°
7 31.00°
8 35.00°
9 39.00°
PW 44.00°

PING G15

IRON/ LOFT
3 20
4 23
5 26
6 29
7 32
8 36
9 40
PW 45

Nike Pro Combo

IRON/ LOFT
3 21
4 24
5 27
6 31
7 35
8 39
9 43
PW 47

TM Burner 2.0

IRON/ LOFT
3 19
4 21
5 24
6 27
7 31
8 35
9 40
PW 45

Callaway RAZR X Tour

IRON /LOFT
3 20
4 23
5 26
6 29
7 33
8 37
9 41

Last edited:
You are not comparing apples to apples. You are looking at a players game enhancement iron and comparing it to the lower deeper game improvement iron. Perfect example of that is the Razr X irons. You chose to post the lofts of the Tours, yet the regular versions have stronger lofts. Just like the CG16 has a Tour model that offers weaker lofts. Higher ball flight means more loft by almost every company. Its why they are capable of doing it.

You are not comparing apples to apples. You are looking at a players game enhancement iron and comparing it to the lower deeper game improvement iron. Perfect example of that is the Razr X irons. You chose to post the lofts of the Tours, yet the regular versions have stronger lofts. Just like the CG16 has a Tour model that offers weaker lofts. Higher ball flight means more loft by almost every company. Its why they are capable of doing it.

Exactly, the center of gravity is lower and deeper in the irons which will help with a higher launch and that is why they deloft their game improvement irons. Almost every manufacturer is doing this. Once you start getting in the better player cavities then they are more traditional lofts.

Their distance claims with the new Light weight drivers is pretty accurate or at least it is with my TL310 driver. It is by far the longest, straightest and most forgiving driver I've hit or owned this year.

I realize this. I added the Pro Combos simply for comparison due to all the recent attention they've been given on this site. How do you explain the Burner 2.0's and the Pings. They are both sets that Cleveland specifically mentioned.

Ehhh. Yea, lofts are strong in some irons. Usually the ones that are advertising distance. Do we really have to do this every other month? Probably why they pointed out the competitors they did instead of certain others.

Back