Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

I traded my Cg7 set for the new CG16 with dynamic gold s300 shafts through Clevelands trade in promo they were running. Best thing was I was given the option to keep my CG7 set for $23 a club, so I gave those to my cousin as a gift. Really can't wait for these and my Mashie to come, I feel like an addict waiting for my fix.

Jealous!

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Me too those are very nice irons, and a mashie to boot, sweet.

Got the call yesterday and I went to Cleveland today to pick up the irons, still waiting for the M3. This set looks amazing and can't wait to get out to play, probably be Wednesday before I get a chance. So glad I did the promo and have found that I'm getting hooked on Cleveland products. I might even trade in my R7 driver for a new SL290, but I love it so that might take a couple of try outs.

awesome! enjoy those irons. definitely one of my favorite sets this year so far...

Played these again today and each time like them more and more. The dark finish and the copper shafts I have on mine look great, but the real beauty is in the performance of these. Great distance, nice ball flight, and good feel make these a real winner.

Played these again today and each time like them more and more. The dark finish and the copper shafts I have on mine look great, but the real beauty is in the performance of these. Great distance, nice ball flight, and good feel make these a real winner.

I can not wait to hit them again, I love the look but have forgot the feel. Glad you are enjoying them so much!

These are obviously in your bag JB but are they your favorite irons so far of 2011?

This is the iron set and wedge set I look forward to hitting the most in May.

When are these going to be hitting the stores? I have a buddy at work contemplating taking advantage of the trade up program (CG7) for these but before he commits he'd like to hit them. He asked me today and I still haven't seen any official release date.

Thanks!

When are these going to be hitting the stores? I have a buddy at work contemplating taking advantage of the trade up program (CG7) for these but before he commits he'd like to hit them. He asked me today and I still haven't seen any official release date.

Thanks!

Currently slated for this month.

I got to hit these and the CG 16 tours and both of these are serious irons. I had been looking forward to hitting these for a while and they did not disappoint. Great feel, easy to hit. I was at the Golf show so I couldnt see the ball flight, but my initial impression of them was better than I expected it to be... and I had pretty big expectations.

JB
did you ever post a full review of the CG16s?

Thanks

JB
did you ever post a full review of the CG16s?

Thanks

No I have not. However you can read 50 golfers reviews of them in the Cleveland Demo Day thread from the last outing.

Sounds interesting :D

Now that my bracket is completely over for WGC I have been shopping online for some new wedges and I will say these look awesome! I might have to invest.

I am hoping for a chance to hit these tomorrow at the golf show.

Was there an official THP review done for these irons?

I saw these irons at my local golf shop and I love how they look. The store is getting some demos in so I will get to test them out soon. I have '09 burners now which I really like but I haven't purchased new irons in a couple years!
If I like them I'm not sure how I will fill in the wedges. I have my Burners thru AW and 54 and 58 deg CG14 wedges. (and a 58 deg Vokey - I like to experiment).

Edit-I just picked up a demo 7 of the graphite and steel!

Not sure if this is the place or not but I finally hit these irons for a good amount of time. I usually hit the 5i because that is usually the lowest club I tend to carry (although I do carry a 4i now haha). Anyway, initially I thought these were probably going to be a little thicker than the CG7's I once gamed, they didn't seem like it at all once I got them at address. They felt smooth and the forgiveness imo was pretty good. I only hit one "bad" shot haha. Or so it felt like. The one thing I hate about hitting off matts is it's really hard to tell. I just know I was hitting the center of the clubface just towards the toe on all but one shot. Felt very crisp and soft. By crisp I mean it sounded like "issssssp" coming off the face. You know that almost crackling sound when you crush a ball? I liken the feel to a memory foam bed. Firm yet gives way and I'm really curious to see how the ball flight it.

I know I don't hit the sweet spot all the time but my shot dispersion on the clubface was pretty well grouped. I don't know if it was a combo of the shaft and clubhead but I really liked hitting these. One of my top "hit more" list.

My Machspeeds better get with the program. I have some contenders knocking haha.

Not sure if this is the place or not but I finally hit these irons for a good amount of time. I usually hit the 5i because that is usually the lowest club I tend to carry (although I do carry a 4i now haha). Anyway, initially I thought these were probably going to be a little thicker than the CG7's I once gamed, they didn't seem like it at all once I got them at address. They felt smooth and the forgiveness imo was pretty good. I only hit one "bad" shot haha. Or so it felt like. The one thing I hate about hitting off matts is it's really hard to tell. I just know I was hitting the center of the clubface just towards the toe on all but one shot. Felt very crisp and soft. By crisp I mean it sounded like "issssssp" coming off the face. You know that almost crackling sound when you crush a ball? I liken the feel to a memory foam bed. Firm yet gives way and I'm really curious to see how the ball flight it.

I know I don't hit the sweet spot all the time but my shot dispersion on the clubface was pretty well grouped. I don't know if it was a combo of the shaft and clubhead but I really liked hitting these. One of my top "hit more" list.

My Machspeeds better get with the program. I have some contenders knocking haha.

Good info Yoccos! I am demoing these March 19th at my local course and have a fitting. You know it's all about being an "Insider" so I get these perks now & then :D.. I might walk away from this demo with an order in place :thumb:

Back