Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

Willie Malay,
Did you get the tour CG16's or just the CG16's?
I have a set of these just the CG16 with the 85 gram shaft and found them a little hard to get used to also. I have considered a 100-115 gram shaft change. Let me know what you do with these irons.

I got the regular CG16 not the Tours. One would think I'd get the Tours coming out of the blades but the Tour didn't feel as good to me. Strange.
Shot a 77 today. That is fine with me. That 4 iron is awesome. So easy to get a ball in play on short par 4s. But, as I said the wide, thick soles are tough around the greens. Glad I have wedges I'm comfortable with. Probably going to ditch the 7 wood and put the PW in from my forged set. That's a win for me.

Friend of mine (forum member unijayhawk) just ordered a set of these. I'll have to make him come on and do a write up after a few rounds.

Love to hear what he has to say.

I got the regular CG16 not the Tours. One would think I'd get the Tours coming out of the blades but the Tour didn't feel as good to me. Strange.
Shot a 77 today. That is fine with me. That 4 iron is awesome. So easy to get a ball in play on short par 4s. But, as I said the wide, thick soles are tough around the greens. Glad I have wedges I'm comfortable with. Probably going to ditch the 7 wood and put the PW in from my forged set. That's a win for me.

77 is pretty sweet. Glad they're working out for you. I love the 4I in this set as well. So consistent off the tee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hit these at a demo day last Feb and fell in love with them. Around that same time the zstar iron love was still rocking on this forum and it tipped the scales to go with them even though I hadn't hit them before. I've been very happy with them but today a used set of cg16's came up for a price I could not refuse so I went a head and pulled the trigger just to give them another try. Whichever set wins will be in my bag, the other is getting shipped off to a vacation bag at my folks house.

I have today received my New Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome Irons 4-PW, I also purchased the New Cleveland 588 RTX Satin Chrome Wedges in lofts of 48/52/56. I am looking to test them out at the Weekend. My Bag also consists of the following clubs;- TaylorMade RBZ 9 Degree Driver, TaylorMade Burner 15 Degree 3 Wood and TaylorMade Burner 18 Degree Hybrid. My Bag is finally completed by a Nike Method 007 CS Midnight Putter. My Bag is perfectly Gapped from 15 Degree's to 56 Degree's. I am looking forward to having a great Season ahead.

Welcome to THP Skeleton.
Good luck with the new clubs.

One of my favorite iron sets...enjoy

Approaching golf season here in ct, going to give these 1 more year, if I still can't get used to them I'm going to have to explore other options...

Back