Car Detailing Thread

So my neighbor is into detailing and uses Jax Wax they opened a store here. Want to try them out but I hate washing cars, has anyone used their products?

On that note anyone in Charlotte want to detail my truck? It needs it bad.
Their liquid wax and cherry wax are both solid

Their liquid wax and cherry wax are both solid
I asked my neighbor to do my car and he said he used to but only does his own cars now. I said he was selfish, and then he recommended the Jax Wax. I have a pressure washer, and everything needed to detail my car other than the want to and patience.

I asked my neighbor to do my car and he said he used to but only does his own cars now. I said he was selfish, and then he recommended the Jax Wax. I have a pressure washer, and everything needed to detail my car other than the want to and patience.
I consider my vehicles to be one of the most expensive items I own. Therefore I want to care for them to the best of my ability. I think about how hard I work to be able to buy it, and the way it will look inside and out when I am done. Then I also think about how after its done well the first time, a simple rinse for the next couple of months keeps it looking fantastic.

I consider my vehicles to be one of the most expensive items I own. Therefore I want to care for them to the best of my ability. I think about how hard I work to be able to buy it, and the way it will look inside and out when I am done. Then I also think about how after its done well the first time, a simple rinse for the next couple of months keeps it looking fantastic.
I have a tough time being organized and tiddy so I think that's why it is so tough for me. My truck isn't a mess but it's dirty due to road trips and such.

So my neighbor is into detailing and uses Jax Wax they opened a store here. Want to try them out but I hate washing cars, has anyone used their products?

On that note anyone in Charlotte want to detail my truck? It needs it bad.

Honestly you can do it yourself. It’s really not that hard. Just take your time and the results will be amazing.

Flew with a guy a couple of months ago. After flying 5 days together we ordered what he needed to do his Trackhawk. He was nervous so I made him practice on his wife’s Jeep. Was blown away how good it turned out. If you have any questions on what to use you can PM me or there’s plenty of info on the web.

Honestly you can do it yourself. It’s really not that hard. Just take your time and the results will be amazing.

Flew with a guy a couple of months ago. After flying 5 days together we ordered what he needed to do his Trackhawk. He was nervous so I made him practice on his wife’s Jeep. Was blown away how good it turned out. If you have any questions on what to use you can PM me or there’s plenty of info on the web.
I'm going to try it.

I dont detail to a over the top level but have 2 beautiful C6 Corvette Grand Sports - one is Black and Beautiful.. never use a orbital polisher on a black car is my rule or on any car. Use only Straight line motion in washing and in waxing - basically it is pretty simple -- if you want swirls use anything that goes circular if you want no swirls you must go in a straight line on all paint cleaning and protecting and always the same direction on each panel every time you wash or wax.. Filled up with gas the other night - and under fluorescent lighting - a guy came over and said - Wow what a beautiful Corvette -- first black car I have seen that does not have Swirls everywhere.,!(y)2013 Grand Sport.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to try it.

You can do it. Just take your time. Here’s an 8yr old Lexus SUV I just did for a friends wife. This car is on I-4 everyday and spends 50% of its life not in a garage.
07FE3CF1-5786-426C-B0BA-C7B2ADDC91B1.jpeg94DDF796-717D-42DC-A0EC-10DD39DC043A.jpeg

Every area in the country has qualified detailing professionals, you just have to search/look them up for your area. If you don't have the time/passion to do it, theres nothing wrong with that. Find someone/a business that meets your needs/wants/pricing. Also "detailing" can mean different things to different people, for someone like myself that has done it as a business and for my own vehicles for 20+ yrs it means cleaning/removing contaminants, permanently correcting, and protecting a vehicles finish. To others it might mean washing and waxing it, which IMO is the most basic level of detailing.

Pressure washer ???:eek: on a car??? OMG:unsure::eek::eek::eek:

Depends on the psi/gpm and what sprayer tip degree you use, there's nothing wrong with using them but you have to do it properly.

Depends on the psi/gpm and what sprayer tip degree you use, there's nothing wrong with using them but you have to do it properly.

ok -:) but I think I will stay with right out of the house outlet and a garden hose type. Edward SissorHands could cut hair also - but it was scary.

InconsequentialTe.gif

ok -:) but I think I will stay with right out of the house outlet and a garden hose type. Edward SissorHands could cut hair also - but it was scary.
I understand your hesitation however with the right combo you are able to remove more contaminants/grime safely before even touching your paint with a wash mit vs. using a regular hose/sprayer. Which in turn helps with limiting swirling/scratches.
I personally use a Ryobi Electric 1600psi 1.2gpm and a 15* tip, never any risk of damaging anything and removes a lot of light to medium grime with ease.

A pressure washer is fine on a car. Just don’t stand head on with the car so you aren’t firing the water directly at it. Snow foam followed by pressure washing is a great idea, especially on your black corvette. The more dirt you can get off the car before touching it with any sort of mitt, the fewer those dreaded swirls will be.

Pretty standard, most high-end detailers use a pressure washer.

As long as you aren't going with too much pressure and the wrong tip, it is MORE than safe.

A pressure washer is fine on a car. Just don’t stand head on with the car so you aren’t firing the water directly at it. Snow foam followed by pressure washing is a great idea, especially on your black corvette. The more dirt you can get off the car before touching it with any sort of mitt, the fewer those dreaded swirls will be.
Pretty standard, most high-end detailers use a pressure washer.

As long as you aren't going with too much pressure and the wrong tip, it is MORE than safe.

Ok what ever works - but on my Cars I would not use anything I could not use directly on my my legs. One of many reasons my Black Corvette does not have swirls. (y);):eek:o_O:unsure::LOL::love:

Ok what ever works - but on my Cars I would not use anything I could not use directly on my my legs. One of many reasons my Black Corvette does not have swirls. (y);):eek:o_O:unsure::LOL::love:
My foam canon uses the pressure washer, and then i have the 40 degree tip on and low pressure setting and it works. i just never detail the car.

You not using a pressure washer has nothing to do with your car not having swirls though...

You not using a pressure washer has nothing to do with your car not having swirls though...
Agreed, I have owned 2 black vehicles that I detailed extensively and paint corrected many times. Swirls are caused by improper washing or quick detailing and LSP (last step products) that fail or are not durable enough for the conditions your paint is exposed to.

Anyways here is my 25yr old original paint S2000 that I have had the pleasure of owning for the past 10+ yrs
Qig1cnMl.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, I have owned 2 black vehicles that I detailed extensively and paint corrected many times. Swirls are caused by improper washing or quick detailing and LSP (last step products) that fail or are not durable enough for the conditions your paint is exposed to.
(y)(y)

Anyways here is my 25yr old original paint S2000 that I have had the pleasure of owning for the past 10+ yrs
Qig1cnMl.jpg

GORGEOUS

Thank you so much, it's been a labor of love and every year I find something new to fix/upgrade. Def. a dream car that I will never get rid of and hope to pass along to my future children.

Plus it’s a black car, it has swirls LOL. Maybe not many, but it has them. Black is great in that it’s easy to look stunning. Just about any product works on it. It’s also awful, as every single imperfection in the clear coat shows.

Plus it’s a black car, it has swirls LOL. Maybe not many, but it has them. Black is great in that it’s easy to look stunning. Just about any product works on it. It’s also awful, as every single imperfection in the clear coat shows.
Exactly why I will never daily drive a black car ever, Dark blue w/some metallic flake is as close as I'll go :LOL:

Don't have swirls on this old guy either -- 42 years old and never seen a pressure washer or an automatic car wash...:eek::unsure::unsure:
I have had it for 36 years now and still going strong and looking great - for its age.
Plus has room for 2 sets of Golf Clubs in the trunk. (y)
280sl 1980.jpg

Back