Car Detailing Thread

You need to sand off the top layer, polish, and put a clear coat on them. With the right kit it's pretty easy to do and shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes per lens. I'd use the one below. Full disclosure, I'm biased after working for 3M for over 20 years but I've done this many times with 100% results.

View attachment 9074105

I may have to try something like this. I’ve done wet sanding to restore a boats gel coat before this seems similar.

I may have to try something like this. I’ve done wet sanding to restore a boats gel coat before this seems similar.

It's even easier than sanding & polishing gel coat, and a lot smaller area. :)

@tahoebum here is the headlight after the 3m kit. I had to use the full kit on the one headlight but it looks so much better.

30490351-CF4C-42DB-B72E-5C961A53E369.jpeg

Suggestions for interior detailing cleaner? I'm about to pull the trigger on having the interior detailed, but I thought I would give it a shot to see if I could do a general clean-up before I hand it over to someone else.

Suggestions for interior detailing cleaner? I'm about to pull the trigger on having the interior detailed, but I thought I would give it a shot to see if I could do a general clean-up before I hand it over to someone else.
Chemical Guys interior cleaner is really good.
Adams Polishes interior is fantastic as well.

I saw a video on TikTok where’s guy used a massage gun to loosen first that the vacuum didn’t get. I don’t know if he has a really bad vacuum cleaner or it actually a good hack.

Video

Even car detailing is putting memes out now.

if you have leather I like the chemical guys stuff. Their leather cleaner and conditioner are excellent. Easy to use and the conditioner I feel really does a great job. Use a foam applicator to apply and wipe off the extra with the conditioner.

Also not sure how dirty your car is but I use horse hair brushes to get sand, dirt, etc out from door cards, switches and center console. Well worth the extra effort IMO.586E6EE1-3194-4585-9555-E114346BC188.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a Jeep I did the other day for someone. I did her husbands F150 a couple of months ago. This thing has never been done. It’s 21 years old so certainly not perfect but looks much better now. She loved it.

7EC5DC28-488D-4DF2-A5C3-0ED049AF312F.jpeg6872A901-617C-4D2A-8789-19656CFDD98C.jpeg30D4ED45-AC04-43B0-8AF1-38BD00D057B8.jpeg

I bought a new Bronco on Thursday and today I did the full clay bar, solvent wash, and Adam's UV Ceramic. I did the plastic with Meguiars Ultimate Black. It took a couple of hours and I really enjoyed it. I hadn't used any Adam's exterior products for some time and their Ceramic Glow Tech makes it easy to see where you've already applied. Very impressive product.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 4.53.29 PM.png

I bought a new Bronco on Thursday and today I did the full clay bar, solvent wash, and Adam's UV Ceramic. I did the plastic with Meguiars Ultimate Black. It took a couple of hours and I really enjoyed it. I hadn't used any Adam's exterior products for some time and their Ceramic Glow Tech makes it easy to see where you've already applied. Very impressive product.

View attachment 9081742

Id rather hand in my license than have to drive an SUV. The Bronco is one of the few exceptions. I really do like em a lot. I think Ford nailed it with the Bronco!

Id rather hand in my license than have to drive an SUV. The Bronco is one of the few exceptions. I really do like em a lot. I think Ford nailed it with the Bronco!

I’m a car guy and always will be for my daily driver. My teenage daughter will likely drive the Bronco more than me but it is a fun diversion on the weekends especially when the weather soon improves and we can remove the doors and top. :)

I’m a car guy and always will be for my daily driver. My teenage daughter will likely drive the Bronco more than me but it is a fun diversion on the weekends especially when the weather soon improves and we can remove the doors and top. :)

Try the Adams Graphene Spray Coating. Been really happy with that product And has been lasting pretty long on the cars ive done here in FL. Even on ones that are black and always sit outside.

Going to do my newer (2months old) car today before driving to FL in a week for THP Experience. Quick wash and some Adams Ceramic Graphene just in case the love Bugs are out.

Try the Adams Graphene Spray Coating. Been really happy with that product And has been lasting pretty long on the cars ive done here in FL. Even on ones that are black and always sit outside.

I’ve have the Adams Ceramic coating on my Bronco and I hand wash and maintain my cars better than most. I’ll normally do do a polish and coating each spring even though products like the Adams claim 5+ years of protection. Detailing, polishing, and protecting a car is therapeutic for me and I have all the abrasives/polishes/tools needed from my 20 years as a 3M sales rep calling on body and detail shops. I’ve had great performance from a handful of different coatings and two of my favorites are the Adams and Turtle Wax ceramic/SiO2/graphene products.

Going to do my newer (2months old) car today before driving to FL in a week for THP Experience. Quick wash and some Adams Ceramic Graphene just in case the love Bugs are out.

They are out. Wife is doing a trip with my son upstate and already did an extra layer for the bugs.

They are out. Wife is doing a trip with my son upstate and already did an extra layer for the bugs.
I need those gone in the next 10 days

I have to detail my S5, brother's FR-S, mother's brand new X5, and father's RS7. My Rupes orbital is going to get a full workout after this season, lol.

Got home last night and neighbor left a S550 in the garage with a note asking to be done today. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Well she’s done and did full job and finished with Adams Graphene to finish. Also I’m getting good at the stripes now. Need to do some carpet mats to really show it off.

7C27655D-6655-4417-B517-7F0D7DEAD909.jpeg4E02E188-E123-4DAA-B7BC-6E4CD7569E04.jpegD455682D-AD19-40C6-9520-ACB8A02EE991.jpeg3B0F0EE3-F93C-4050-A1DF-97A4D1D208A3.jpeg

Been practicing with floor mats lately. The person who’s car I did is very type A and loved this. Also those mats are 8 years old. Even the drivers side one came out almost new looking.

02F7A4F9-0A37-41F8-9FD0-69D72C2D79AF.jpeg1E517AE9-E1C0-454B-AAAB-B241DF240B87.jpeg

The stripes are pretty awesome!

its actually not that hard. But yes it looks awesome I think. People love it. Got a little crazy the other day on my car

3CDAC1E7-2185-4953-BB60-1B4B1390D937.jpeg

So my neighbor is into detailing and uses Jax Wax they opened a store here. Want to try them out but I hate washing cars, has anyone used their products?

On that note anyone in Charlotte want to detail my truck? It needs it bad.

Back