Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Played my first round with the Razr X irons yesterday and they are really really great clubs. They play the ball nice and high which my old clubs didn't seem to do and they are nice and easy to play with. I hit a few duffers but that's me not the clubs. You get a real sense of "I'm going to make good contact with this ball" when you're at address.

Played my first round with the Razr X irons yesterday and they are really really great clubs. They play the ball nice and high which my old clubs didn't seem to do and they are nice and easy to play with. I hit a few duffers but that's me not the clubs. You get a real sense of "I'm going to make good contact with this ball" when you're at address.

That's great man, looking forward to more updates as you move forward with them.

I can't express enough what a great decision I made getting the Razr X forged 4 iron in place of the 4 hybrid. I'm just hitting the ball amazing with that club and its everything I wanted/hoped it would be.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the 4-PW Razr X set, the 4 iron is just fantastic to use. I used to hate my old 4 iron but this one is confidence inspiring. Everything I hit with these clubs has a nice high ball flight, I'm playing my shots a little further with these irons too. Hit the 7 iron from the 150m marker and put it 2 metres past the pin. (All distances are in metres over here) 152m is roughly 167 yards. M old 7 iron was good for 150 yards when I played in the UK. Now I just need to get myself a hybrid. I hit my mates 3 hybrid from 210m out on a long Par 4 (Duffed drive :p ) and it landed pin high and rolled 2 feet past the pin with the highest ball flight I've ever seen in my life. Felt fantastic to hit. Going to look into the Razr X Hybrid or maybe the HL variation.

John, it's a great set. I went with 6-AW and added the 4 and 5 Razr X hybrids.

I was fit today for the RazrX irons with the uniflex shaft, standard length & 1 deg upright. I already have a RazrX 3 hybrid and RazrX HL 5 hybrid in my bag that I love.

I ordered the 5i-PW and they will be here hopefully in time for THP/Bridgestone Invitational in Atlanta. Super excited to have new irons in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your new clubs, Mary!

Congrats Mary. That ia a great set

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thats awesome Mary! Congrats on the new set, I hope you get them in time for the Invitational!

Any Info On Razr X Black Irons? looking to pick these up next year and wanna know info on them. anyone help?

Any Info On Razr X Black Irons? looking to pick these up next year and wanna know info on them. anyone help?

Quite a bit, look back through this thread.

What specifically do you want to know? I've been playing them all year and like them a lot. In short, they are a compact but a very forgiving iron that looks great. Very little bounce on the sole which I love too. Longest irons I've every played, and gave me the best dispersion in my fitting too. I've had great success with the longer irons too, so much so I'm thinking of adding a 4 iron back into my bag.

Well I have been playing Diablo Edge Irons for about 2.5 years and i am looking to upgrade. My Diablo Edge irons are very long and very forgiving and had very little bounce as well which i like, but i think my game is much better now and looking for something less chunky. I have gone to golftown to look at the Razr X Black irons and i really like the compact head and the medium sole and medium top line of the head, the black finish i droll over. Everything u said is what i am looking for in my next set of irons. So would u say the Razr X black iron are like the mack daddy to my irons?

Well I have been playing Diablo Edge Irons for about 2.5 years and i am looking to upgrade. My Diablo Edge irons are very long and very forgiving and had very little bounce as well which i like, but i think my game is much better now and looking for something less chunky. I have gone to golftown to look at the Razr X Black irons and i really like the compact head and the medium sole and medium top line of the head, the black finish i droll over. Everything u said is what i am looking for in my next set of irons. So would u say the Razr X black iron are like the mack daddy to my irons?

Say what now? These are slightly less GI then your current set, but still pretty forgiving so it could be just what you're looking for. I recommend that you get on the sim at golf town and see how you hit them.

Say what now? These are slightly less GI then your current set, but still pretty forgiving so it could be just what you're looking for. I recommend that you get on the sim at golf town and see how you hit them.

This and take your current irons for a head to head

Will do! I'll take my 8 iron with me, i hit that around 150+, See if i can get any extra distance with the Razr X Black 8 Iron. Thanks for the info Peeps.! :bananadance:

Hit a razrxf black demo 6 iron with stock steel shaft at range today, it was an r300. They did not have an S. Wow, I was really impressed soft feel, very nice high trajectory, at least comfortable 165 with range ball. Hard for me to part with my titanium faced ping raptures though, they may look a little fugly but really perform for me. Sure like the look of the razr xf, but had to put it back quickly since I am weak and did not want to be tempted.

I'd missed my Callaway Diablo Edge irons (which I sold rather impulsively) and recently picked up a set of Razr X HLs. They seem to be a lot like the Edges, but with an insert (which is fine because I actually like the insert clubs).

I had my first range session with them tonight and they felt like old friends (particularly the "twack" sound that the Diablo Edges had). I actually had my right to left ball flight return, which was a wonderful thing to see. :angel:

I had my x 20 tour irons stolen and just replaced them with the razr XF irons. What are any ones thoughts on these irons. I am just starting to get use to them and do love the feel of the ball coming off the club face. How long do you think it takes to get comfortable with a new iron set?

I still don't see how another set of irons can push my Razr X's out of the bag any time soon. I am very pleased with how they perform.

I still don't see how another set of irons can push my Razr X's out of the bag any time soon. I am very pleased with how they perform.

They sure are a great iron Smalls. Not too long ago I was out for a round with my dad, who now has mine. I needed a club and wasn't near my bag so I asked him to just give me whatever iron was in his hand. All that was needed was a layup shot and it worked out perfectly. Man I forgot how fun those irons were to hit.

While I might get blasted for this, I still think the new X Hot Pro models look nicer than the new X forgeds. It will be interesting to see what current RXT gamers think too.

While I might get blasted for this, I still think the new X Hot Pro models look nicer than the new X forgeds.

I liked the pictures we saw. Need to see them in person though.

While I might get blasted for this, I still think the new X Hot Pro models look nicer than the new X forgeds. It will be interesting to see what current RXT gamers think too.

I think so too. Of course, I don't think there is a bad looking iron in their line!

Just got a used set of Razr x's from Callaway golf preowned. I love that company. Bought 4-pw, 2 degrees flat, stiff graphite shafts and added a gap wedge in which they bent 2 degrees flat for me at no extra charge. 20% off to boot. I bought them at noon on Thursday and they were delivered to my house on Friday night. This company has best customer service in the business in my opinion. Anyways, I look forward to my round today and hope to provide some feedback. I must say they look beautiful sitting in my bag. I would love to post a picture but I don't think I have enough post yet. I love this forum and as a certified club ho who has about 5 different bags I could game right now and over a 100 different clubs sitting on my back porch I hope to provide some insightful feedback/testimonials. Thanks THPers.

Back