Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Not exactly what we would like to hear about the THP banners.

I honestly didnt know there were banners on this site. :foot-in-mouth: That was the first Ive heard of them. Been running ABP for such a long time. Ill add THP to the whitelist so i get to see the banners.

I honestly didnt know there were banners on this site. :foot-in-mouth: That was the first Ive heard of them. Been running ABP for such a long time. Ill add THP to the whitelist so i get to see the banners.

We actually have a really cool one on teh home page that is a widget that lets you get fit.

We actually have a really cool one on teh home page that is a widget that lets you get fit.

its a ball fitting not get fit like beer gut be gone. Trust me, I clicked it over 50 times, didnt lose a pound but realized the B330-RX is the ball for me.

I went in on Saturday and they had everything ready to hit in the hitting bays

I didn't see them there but just hit the Tour and regular Razr at the Golfdom in Tysons Corner, VA. I actually like the regular Razr over the tour, seems like it will be a forgiving iron, I also like the heavier weight in the shafts. I'm just not a fan of these 85 gram steel shafts. I'm not looking for extra distance from my irons, just ease of use.

I hit them all. They were over in the bays. I loved the RazrX irons. Just felt like Callaway which is a good thing in my book. Drivers were awesome. Maybe they put them away for some reason? I went there in the morning and they had all the irons and woods out. I was so surprised because that store never has anything good out to hit.

Edit: If you don't mind playing with a not so good player we should get out sometime. Mdbuschr would play too now that he has all that money

I hit them all. They were over in the bays. I loved the RazrX irons. Just felt like Callaway which is a good thing in my book. Drivers were awesome. Maybe they put them away for some reason? I went there in the morning and they had all the irons and woods out. I was so surprised because that store never has anything good out to hit.

Edit: If you don't mind playing with a not so good player we should get out sometime. Mdbuschr would play too now that he has all that money

Would love to, let's make it happen.

Would love to, let's make it happen.

Lol I don't want to sound like the guy who calls the girl 15 minutes after getting her number but it's supposed to be gorgeous this weekend!!

Lol I don't want to sound like the guy who calls the girl 15 minutes after getting her number but it's supposed to be gorgeous this weekend!!

lol sorry man but that made me almost spit my diet coke out. Nothing wrong with golfing on a nice weekend cause there isnt many in Feb

Thats funny, and not to blow you off but like a guy in the bar, but I'm headed to Scottsdale on Saturday morning for a week. The good news about the Triangle is that our weather will be good for the most part until next winter.

That's cool. I was thinking of heading out to Tot Hill this weekend anyway. Great deal on tee times. Have fun in AZ and we will surely play soon

Callaway Shaft Selection

Callaway Shaft Selection

I will be buying a new set of irons in the next few weeks (Diablo Forged, Razr X Tour, or Razr X) and was hoping someone could clarify the differences between the standard shaft choices. The Razr X will have True Temper M10 Flighted shafts, is this a similar shaft to the Uniflex shaft they put in the Diablo Forged Irons? The Razr X Tour will have True Temper R300 or S300 shafts. I was comparing the irons at the range this weekend (Diablo Forged with Uniflex Shaft and JPX 800 Pro with DG S300 shaft) and noticed I was struggling to minimize my draw with the Diablo Forged irons versus the JPX Pros. I also noticed that the Diablo Forged has a lower more penetrating ball flight and the JPX Pros had a higher ball flight. I am looking for a shaft that provides a medium to medium high ball flight while also minimizing my tendancy to over draw the ball. My 6-iron swing speed is in the 85-89 range, ball speed 114-117 range, tend to take aggressive swings versus smooth tempo. I would appreciate any feedback on a shaft recommendation for the new irons.

Thanks

Remember that you can order the DF's with any shaft you want. Most shafts are no upcharge if I can remember correctly.

That's cool. I was thinking of heading out to Tot Hill this weekend anyway. Great deal on tee times. Have fun in AZ and we will surely play soon

Let me know what you think of Tot Hill, I've lived in NC for 6 years and have never gotten around to playing it. I played with a friend at Devils Ridge in Holly Springs on Sunday and thought that was a pretty fun track.

Okay guys, lets get this one back to the irons. THanks.

Razr X Iron Comments

Razr X Iron Comments

I had the opportunity to demo both the Razr X and Razr X Tour irons today at my local golf store. In fact, the clubs had just arrived and I was the first person to get a chance to break them in. Here are my observations (10 handicap currently playing X-24 irons with uniflex shaft):

Razr X Tour (S300 Shaft): Probably the more attractive of the two clubs due mostly to its compact size and sleeker look. The club had an excellent feel to it, in fact if was difficult for me to notice any difference in feel with this club versus the diablo forged which I am also considering. Very good distance, very similar if not slightly better to some of the traditonal game improvements clubs I have tried this year (JPX 800 Pro, R9, X-22, and X-24). The level of forgiveness on poor hits was better than I expected. Minimal offset.

Razr X (Uniflex Shaft): Decent looking club, I would not say that is necessary an improvement looks wise from the X-22 or previous X-Series irons. Good feel, similar to the X-24. Good distance, comparable to slightly better than previously game improvement clubs. Good forgiveness. Significant offset, similar to X-22 and X-24 series.

I am going to seriously consider buying the Razr X Tour irons, just felt I was able to make better contact and better results. Next stop is at Haggin Oaks where I will be able to demo the clubs outside at the range and get a look at the ball flight of these.

Release date for Razr x irons ?

Release date for Razr x irons ?

Date for release of the Callaway Razr x irons?
Thanks L57

Pretty sure its this weekend. I saw that Golf Galaxy is doing a big release party thing where you get 50% more on trade ins for Callaway RAZR stuff.

Thanks , good to hear. I want to try these not completely sold on my 2.0 burners yet. I can still exchange them if I like these better.
L57

Thanks , good to hear. I want to try these not completely sold on my 2.0 burners yet. I can still exchange them if I like these better.
L57

Which ones are you thinking about? Got a chance to hit them down in FL a while back and I liked them. The forged didnt agree with my swing that day but the Tours were awesome.

I was thinking of the GI razr x non tour model.

I was thinking of the GI razr x non tour model.

We didnt hit those too much because for some odd reason they sent them with graphite shafts. But I did take a few real quick swings with the 7 iron and it felt great. Had that classic Callaway feel and good distance.

I have played the x 14 and x 18 in the past and liked them. Demo'd the x 22 didn't like the chunky sole on them. The Razr seems to have address that.
I was hoping the Razr is longer than the x series.

Back