Callaway Paradym Irons

Interesting as I was a club longer with the Paradym’s than I was with my previous gamers. Are you attributing that to winter layoff?
Currently I would say yes. Range sessions recently suggest about 8-10 yards gained on every iron so the rounds seem like an anomaly right now. I think impact right now probably is a major contributing factor next to winter rust . Obviously on a range you can have perfect lie and the club head lays perfect versus say a hilly course. I think it will take a some more rounds to definitive say it’s anything else. Based on what I’ve seen the head lays a bit different from the Apex I’m use to and I think that’s where a fair amount of adjustment is coming into play. Strikes don’t seem to be consistently around the center just yet.

Currently I would say yes. Range sessions recently suggest about 8-10 yards gained on every iron so the rounds seem like an anomaly right now. I think impact right now probably is a major contributing factor next to winter rust . Obviously on a range you can have perfect lie and the club head lays perfect versus say a hilly course. I think it will take a some more rounds to definitive say it’s anything else. Based on what I’ve seen the head lays a bit different from the Apex I’m use to and I think that’s where a fair amount of adjustment is coming into play. Strikes don’t seem to be consistently around the center just yet.
there is going to be more offset in these over the Apex. That could be it.

I’m getting these restated then I’ll compare them to the irons they replaced and get some numbers.

Got in 12 holes today after work. Some good iron shots and some meh shots. It does feel like I’m getting closer to things clicking. Particularly a great 7 iron into the finishing par 3 from 167. GIR on every par 3 today also. Just gotta keep working.

I have acquired some shafts worthy of my Paradym Irons, as soon as I get them reshafted, I will be providing extensive feedback.
IMG_2085.jpeg

IMG_2084.jpeg
Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Got alittle iron work in today. Seem to be improving at set up. Strikes on the club seem to be much center on all irons. Distances looked closer to the norm which is about a club more than my Apex 21s. I think I probably lost a bit of distance still on impact and the temp drop today. Tomorrow I’ll have a chance to get more work in on the upcoming tour event course. Note: I haven’t been in a tour event with the irons yet so I’m hoping for a nice show out tomorrow leading into the tour event the next weekend.

Going against high winds today at my pre tourney skins game. I feel like I’m getting so close to a break through. Still not quite figured out distances and well 20-25 mph winds make that harder. That and it was pretty chilly today versus recent weather. I hit some really good iron shots into the greens today from 160 and in today. Right now my miss seems to be thinning it which I e gotten away with quite a bit. Just need to focus on my form, swing, and impact

Got some ball striking drills in today. The weather next week before the tour event looks awful so right now I’m anticipating a saturated course. Ball striking is gonna vital to have any chance in my opinion. I’ve actually started to develop a draw with my 7,8,9. Now sure if I’ll need it but atleast it’s there in case. Definitely felt like I was hitting a lot better the last few days. Right now it definitely seems like a whole another club length longer than the Apex 21s. Given next weekend probably it will be pretty even with the ground likely.

Maiden voyage with this irons with the Recoil Dart 90, and I didn’t have a great ball striking day, but came away impressed.

It was very windy today, and I need to get more data, but when hit well, these irons are fun. I did see on the range a slight distance decrease between these and the Cobra FTX. But not a full club, we are talking about 2-5 yards. Do think that these are more forgiving and total distance was hard to gage because I fought a heel side bleeder all day.

More to come, but I’m impressed so far.

9 holes with my RVA group today. Definitely seems like I’m starting to figure out my irons a bit. Right now I seem to hit sort of a looping fade. I feel the distances are coming along. 9 iron seems to fall about 150. PW is 125. I will say right now my AW and PW seem to be money. AW from 60-80 in has been on point. Those 117-125 shots with the PW have been absolutely dialed. Part of me really wonders if with the way I’m sculpting right now if I might try to develop a high draw. I think the toughest thing for me is understanding a nice easy swing will exactly match distances previously that I would have really get after it. If I can put that in my mind I’ll be fine. Yesterday had a 120 par 3 and took a nice easy swing and dropped it to 7 ft. I think that’s clicking with the wedges but I guess haven’t adjusted yet to the irons especially long irons.

Back 9 of my tour event today I started to find something with my irons. Though it was the Paradym AW and PW who shined brightest hitting 6/7 greens from 100 yards and in with 20-30 mph winds on the back 9. This lead a surge from last place in my worst tour start to top 5. Absolutely wild round. I think the irons are really close to clicking. Today was just a really tough day to play in.

Back 9 of my tour event today I started to find something with my irons. Though it was the Paradym AW and PW who shined brightest hitting 6/7 greens from 100 yards and in with 20-30 mph winds on the back 9. This lead a surge from last place in my worst tour start to top 5. Absolutely wild round. I think the irons are really close to clicking. Today was just a really tough day to play in.
These were the outstanding favorites at your fitting. Do you, looking back, remain certain you made the correct choice? What makes these the best for you?

These were the outstanding favorites at your fitting. Do you, looking back, remain certain you made the correct choice? What makes these the best for you?
I would say yes. It’s tough since ideally the fitter wanted to put me in Apex which of course wasn’t available (Which I do have Apex 21s I just wasn’t getting nearly the distance I’m use to when I was trying the pros at the fitting.). I think there’s just alot of experimenting proper contact. I think one major thing that sticks out is I feel the difference in cast iron versus Forged which forged is the only iron I’ve played. Distance there no comparison as the Paradym pound for pound beats my 21s by a club. I’m not swinging at the same level I was last year. Maybe winter rust? I think for now the focus is just making good contact.

Realistically the fitter did what he could to try to find a hybrid iron mixing my current iron with the forged irons available which I greatly appreciate. Of course the other thing to factor is it’s only been about three weeks since the Paradyms arrived. There was always going to be transition especially early in the season. Winter break only compounds that. Tuesday I have a round and maybe more favorable conditions to gauge where my iron play is at. 🤞

I really feel like my relationship with these irons is turning the corner, I’m liking them more than my previous irons.

Distance was really good today.

I’ve been getting range and a bit of course time with the Paradyms the last few weeks trying to figure out the difference in impact by taking the Paradyms and apex 21s out together. Definitely a difference in place impact as the Paradym seems to have impact lower on the face versus the apex 21 which are on center most strikes. Definitely has to be why there has been a loss in distance and a significant fade on most strikes. It’s not as noticeable on mat but definitely on the course.

How are these irons treating those still gaming them or those who recently picked up a set?

Distances gains / loss over previous gamers?
How is the dispersion you are seeing from the scoring irons?
What about launch and decent angle?

I ran into a friend at an outing on Friday. He has gone from a 9hc to a 6hc, and he attributes these irons. Unsolicited, he was raving about them.

Back