Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Fairway Wood Review

The fairway was a HUGE surprise for me. I have for the last several years, played a 5W in my bag. I truly have hit the 3W historically like absolute crap, but the 5W had the right combo of length and loft to really work for my game. I went into the fitting expecting a 5W and we started there. I had zero issues with the Smoke 5W and was seeing my normal distances from it (about 200 yards). Alexis and I were trying to figure out how to gap with the driver, and we tried UWs (nope, they were shorter than the 5W, though a joy to hit), then we tried the Super Hybrid (absolutely nope, I chunked the absolute stuffing out of that.... it was thoroughly embarassing!). After a few swings, she suggested I try a 3W.

Nope, again issues with the swing and the ball just skipped off the ground, I just couldn't get it in the air. Finally, she brought out the 3HL and said "trust me". This club is the fairway I've been looking for. I am able to elevate it easily and got my missing 12 yards from the 5W! Definitely something for folks to try and get fit into if they struggle with a 3W

View attachment 9234178

View attachment 9234179

View attachment 9234180

View attachment 9234182
that was nearly the same conversation I had with Alexis! I hit the 19 UW as well as my current 5W. She handed me this and then said....get that 5W out of your bag.

IMG_5563.jpeg

THE PREZ!

IMG_5567.jpeg

I think I found the FW that finally kicks the heavenwood from my bag.

Last year Cally was first company ever to be #1 driver, fairway, and putter in unpaid play on Tour

that was nearly the same conversation I had with Alexis! I hit the 19 UW as well as my current 5W. She handed me this and then said....get that 5W out of your bag.
Yeah, she was kinda like "what are you doing?" with me :ROFLMAO:

Nick McInally up talking tech

IMG_5568.jpeg

I love my paradym. I was pretty certain it was safe. Now… not so sure..

I love my paradym. I was pretty certain it was safe. Now… not so sure..
its not safe. Even you miss the center. With Ai Smoke....you get sweet spots all over the face!

its not safe. Even you miss the center. With Ai Smoke....you get sweet spots all over the face!
Sweet face.. love it.

Let’s just say I struggle with fairway woods. The 3w Max D Ai Smoke is so easy to hit and I was seeing at least 3-5* more launch which resulted in more distance. I did not find myself in many positions where I put the club in play at the Grandaddy, but when I did the club delivered!

Back