Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Fairway Wood Review

Still heavily pondering a heavenwood or 7w. Has anyone compared the two on a monitor?

I’m starting to get used to the Max D 3HL and 7W. They are so easy to hit.

I’m starting to get used to the Max D 3HL and 7W. They are so easy to hit.
Agreed - the 3HL more so than any other 3W I've ever played, and the 7W is just silly easy. Glad they're working out for you!

Agreed - the 3HL more so than any other 3W I've ever played, and the 7W is just silly easy. Glad they're working out for you!
I’m getting max distance for me from the 3HL. That’s remarkable because it’s so early in the season for me.

First opportunities to hit the 5W and HW this year yesterday.

5W off the first tee, aimed left side, ball went straight at where I was aimed, with perhaps the most hesitant swing I have ever had off a first tee. Loved what I saw from that ball flight, piercing shot into the wind, straight up a hill.

Off the fairway, with both the 5W and HW, is definitely a work in progress, after putting a couple very haphazard swings on the ball. Early season topping of fairway woods.... thats pretty typical for me to be honest.

The biggest thing with the HW for me, is really recognizing if the ball was hit well by the sound that comes from it. I didn't get that at all yesterday, but that was all on searching for a swing in the cold and wind.

Weirdly I wouldn't have characterized myself as a person who would really notice the sound as much as I have this year. Heavenwood definitely has a very different sound when the ball is hit well, and it is actually something I am relying on more and more as an audible cue that I have made a good swing with good contact.

Back