Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

I have a round scheduled for Sunday, gonna add some lead tape to the toe side to help with trying to fade the ball. Even with the red COG installed it still has a little natural draw to it for me, not as bad as with the regular one but I want a left to right ball flight.

Anyone know how much if any, tipping a shaft will contribute to not being to work the ball?

The Max D is a great Driver for me. I have been playing at my current club for five years. Today, despite it being April and the conditions being neither hard not fast, I hit the two best and longest drives I have ever hit on this course.

The Max D is a great Driver for me. I have been playing at my current club for five years. Today, despite it being April and the conditions being neither hard not fast, I hit the two best and longest drives I have ever hit on this course.
That is awesome to hear. What are you liking about the Max D so far?

That is awesome to hear. What are you liking about the Max D so far?
All misses are left. For someone whose normal miss is high right and short, I haven’t hit a drive this season that ended up right.

All misses are left. For someone whose normal miss is high right and short, I haven’t hit a drive this season that ended up right.
Fun seeing the course from unfamiliar areas.

Fun seeing the course from unfamiliar areas.
I actually thought that today as I ended up somewhere I’ve never been in the 5 years I have been playing there. :LOL: I hit a pull draw.

Got to hit @Nerdy paradym yesterday on the range and have nothing but good to say about it. Felt good, rocket launcher off the face and I really liked the sound.
Ai Smoke but yeah. Those couple you hit seemed to have a nice flight compared to the gamer. You’re welcome to hit it tmrw as well if you want

Are you noticing a difference in forgiveness in off-center strikes compared to your previous driver?

Are you noticing a difference in forgiveness in off-center strikes compared to your previous driver?
Yes, especially on balls hit off the toe or high on the face.

My fitting went quite well. Booking the last session of the day my 30 minutes quickly became an hour. Except for the swings where I wasn’t getting my hips through and leaving the face wide open. Also after about 20 minutes I had 2 Callaway fitters which was fun.

The session started strong with the 10.5° max head.

The Denali black 60 S was first. I hit it well the shaft did feel a bit light.

Next was the ust linq black 7f5. Being an almost 80g X flex it was too much. I wasn’t loading it great. A shaft you are not loading is never going to feel great.

Then we went to the Tensei av blue 65 S. I got along well with this shaft. I hood the club face at address and on bad swings I have a tendency launch it a few degrees too low so the extra launch was helping those from being too low. The good swings were still good.

I got a little tired and started leaving the face wide open and not getting the hips through. So we threw the max d head on and it did help take away some of the push slice. But then I made a good swing and hit a 60 yard hook.

Then we went into extra innings. The max head went back on for a few swings with the weight in the draw position. Then I started swinging good again. This is where I was talking to the second fitter about how if we were doing this in August or September I would be thinking triple diamond all day long but my swing isn’t there right now. Well out came the triple diamond head. They only had the lefty triple diamond head in a 9°. The heavy weight was in the back light weight up front.

The ball speed with the triple diamond is addictive. The deeper face is connecting with my soul and telling me it wants me to hit it hard. My 2nd or 3rd swing the ball speed was my best to that point by 3 mph. The launch at this point was on the lower end of the acceptable range. From there they started monkeying with the weights and loft settings. Ended up at +1° and weight up front my bad swings were still in play and had my best shot with 289 carry 319 total.

By the end of the hour I had 2 Callaway fitters and a pga tour superstore employee providing feedback on the setup.

Shaft… I’m going with the 65g Tensei AV Blue. Right now I’m right on the line between S and X. I’m leaning towards sticking with the stiff. Once my swing is back I will probably want be reevaluating the shaft in there anyway. I do have a ust linq gunmetal 6f5 with a Callaway tip installed that I can put in if I feel like I need a stiffer shaft.

Head… after trying a bunch of variations the only one that was clearly eliminated was the max d. The max and the triple diamond are both great heads which makes deciding between the two really difficult.

At the end of the session we talked about the pros and cons of the different heads. The consensus of 3 fitters watching me hit the max and 💎💎💎 was the 10.5° triple diamond.

The deciding factor was face angle. I hood the face closed at address so starting with the more open face angle on the td lets me have my quirks and start the swing with a more square face.

To wrap it all up. I’m ordering a 10.5° 💎💎💎 with a stiff Tensei blue.

Ok this is getting scary. 11/13 FIR today. The shaft I've had in it the past 3 rounds is the RCH 65 stiff from when I had a Big Bertha B21 a few years ago. It doesn't make sense but it's working.

Order is in. Now I have to wait. For some reason 5-7 days seems a lot longer once the order is placed.

Order is in. Now I have to wait. For some reason 5-7 days seems a lot longer once the order is placed.
Congrats on the new driver and great write up by the way. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

I know you all will understand, the performance I'm seeing from this driver is very good, but it doesn't feel like it should be so good. Good drives and nice shapes, solid contact. I just can't gauge performance on the feel at impact. I don't hate it, it's just weird.

My fitting went quite well. Booking the last session of the day my 30 minutes quickly became an hour. Except for the swings where I wasn’t getting my hips through and leaving the face wide open. Also after about 20 minutes I had 2 Callaway fitters which was fun.

Next was the ust linq black 7f5. Being an almost 80g X flex it was too much. I wasn’t loading it great. A shaft you are not loading is never going to feel great.

Then we went to the Tensei av blue 65 S. I got along well with this shaft. I hood the club face at address and on bad swings I have a tendency launch it a few degrees too low so the extra launch was helping those from being too low. The good swings were still good.

I got a little tired and started leaving the face wide open and not getting the hips through. So we threw the max d head on and it did help take away some of the push slice. But then I made a good swing and hit a 60 yard hook.

Then we went into extra innings. The max head went back on for a few swings with the weight in the draw position. Then I started swinging good again. This is where I was talking to the second fitter about how if we were doing this in August or September I would be thinking triple diamond all day long but my swing isn’t there right now. Well out came the triple diamond head. They only had the lefty triple diamond head in a 9°. The heavy weight was in the back light weight up front.

The ball speed with the triple diamond is addictive. The deeper face is connecting with my soul and telling me it wants me to hit it hard. My 2nd or 3rd swing the ball speed was my best to that point by 3 mph. The launch at this point was on the lower end of the acceptable range. From there they started monkeying with the weights and loft settings. Ended up at +1° and weight up front my bad swings were still in play and had my best shot with 289 carry 319 total.

By the end of the hour I had 2 Callaway fitters and a pga tour superstore employee providing feedback on the setup.

Shaft… I’m going with the 65g Tensei AV Blue. Right now I’m right on the line between S and X. I’m leaning towards sticking with the stiff. Once my swing is back I will probably want be reevaluating the shaft in there anyway. I do have a ust linq gunmetal 6f5 with a Callaway tip installed that I can put in if I feel like I need a stiffer shaft.

Head… after trying a bunch of variations the only one that was clearly eliminated was the max d. The max and the triple diamond are both great heads which makes deciding between the two really difficult.

At the end of the session we talked about the pros and cons of the different heads. The consensus of 3 fitters watching me hit the max and 💎💎💎 was the 10.5° triple diamond.

The deciding factor was face angle. I hood the face closed at address so starting with the more open face angle on the td lets me have my quirks and start the swing with a more square face.

Great breakdown. The Triple Diamond is addicting.

I’m a jealous lefty right now!! That sounds like it’s going to be great for you!

Back