Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

So as I’m about a 1/4 of the year in with the Ai Smoke Max in play, I thought it would be cool to see where I sat in FIR since putting it in play versus the Rogue ST I had in play. The comparison is drastic and it all points back to the forgiveness in the Ai Smoke.

For those who have the Ai Smoke in play what % FIR are you seeing over your previous gamer?

View attachment 9260379
Last year - Ping G430 LST = 55% at 265 avg
This year - Smoke TD = 62% at 272 avg

Both with Ventus Blue 6x

Last year - Ping G430 LST = 55% at 265 avg
This year - Smoke TD = 62% at 272 avg

Both with Ventus Blue 6x
I suspect you are happy with those numbers!!! Can I steal a bit of those distance numbers though? 😂

Not sure if the TD is actually longer than the Ping since I feel like I can swing a little harder/faster with the TD since I know that my miss won’t be hooking 2 fairways over.

This thing is ridiculous. Playing a course with much bigger fairways is the reason from the jump from last year FIR. What doesn't show there is how little I'm missing most of the ones I miss by. This is the most excited I've been about a new club in a loooooong time. Avg distance got killed by one I topped, every other drive I hit was over 250 I'm pretty sure.

1714150852268.png

This thing is ridiculous. Playing a course with much bigger fairways is the reason from the jump from last year FIR. What doesn't show there is how little I'm missing most of the ones I miss by. This is the most excited I've been about a new club in a loooooong time. Avg distance got killed by one I topped, every other drive I hit was over 250 I'm pretty sure.

View attachment 9260908
4 SG in the short time you’ve had it is unreal

4 SG in the short time you’ve had it is unreal
That's just for this round, but yeah. 3 rounds with it have been +6, +2 (9 holes), and +4. This is also coming from losing strokes damn near every round prior to it off the tee this year.

Also shot my low 9 of the year on the front. Back was a little more of a struggle, just had a couple blow ups, but not because of the driver. I'm also blaming the pace coming to a screeching halt on the back. :ROFLMAO:

That's just for this round, but yeah. 3 rounds with it have been +6, +2 (9 holes), and +4. This is also coming from losing strokes damn near every round prior to it off the tee this year.
I have a time Sunday if you wanna join so I can see this for myself lol

Quick little lunch range session. Brought out the Ai Smoke and a couple other clubs.
The Smoke just works for me. I tried another driver while there just to hit something else, and after 2 swings I went right back to the Smoke. Next round is scheduled for Sunday morning and then league starts Thursday so I should be getting plenty of swings now that Oho has realized it's spring time

LINQ Red 8F5.... Smoke Max at 8 degrees. Just "swing hard" and the nice high fades that were carrying the 265 flag with ease. It seems I'm course ready again for the first time in a while.

So I had a fitting today, and my old clubs were just fine, and nothing was hit further, but my driver, oh what a difference. The Smoke Max I tried was aces. I hit it 2 mph faster, and almost 20 yards longer with rollout (on sim). That is the good news. The bad news is my specific model was not in stock and I need to wait 2 weeks for it to show up!

View attachment 9258261
Guess what showed up today (1 week early)? Correction, Project X Cypher 2.0 40 graphite, Regular, not Tensi AV. Can't wait to play it.

9/14 fairways hit again today. One shot in particular stands out to talk about forgiveness - I hit my tee shot on #17 (par 5), never saw it. It felt high and right, and the ball mark was near the top of the clubface toward the toe, but I had no idea where it went. My partner standing right behind me said he was watching for it, but never saw it. I hit a provisional and we went looking for it, found my first ball about 3 yards right of the fairway and 170 or 180 yards out. Totally playable, no harm done, and I went on to par the hole. That was a LOT better than I deserved, considering the quality of the shot.

I think this is getting the nod over the DS LS for a while….

I think this is getting the nod over the DS LS for a while….
I like hearing this! What aspect is making you lean that way?

50% trade bump….has me wanting some Borg diamonds!!! LG!

Star Trek Borg GIF

Monday.

9/14 fairways hit again today. One shot in particular stands out to talk about forgiveness - I hit my tee shot on #17 (par 5), never saw it. It felt high and right, and the ball mark was near the top of the clubface toward the toe, but I had no idea where it went. My partner standing right behind me said he was watching for it, but never saw it. I hit a provisional and we went looking for it, found my first ball about 3 yards right of the fairway and 170 or 180 yards out. Totally playable, no harm done, and I went on to par the hole. That was a LOT better than I deserved, considering the quality of the shot.
Got to love getting away with that swing.

Getting fit tomorrow afternoon!
Game Show Yes GIF by ABC Network

Back