Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Well, today I established that I don't want a Linq Red that's an inch short of what I've been playing. 😂

Put the trusty old white tie in there on three range after and found it a little. Hopefully it's warm enough again before go to Ballyhack in a couple weeks so I can take it out a couple times. Will need to try it with the Tensei Blue that's coming too. Might need to do some sim time with it and a couple shafts.

Last edited:
Well, today I established that I don't want a Linq Red that and inch short of what I've been playing. 😂

Put the trusty old white tie in there on three range after and found it a little. Hopefully it's warm enough again before go to Ballyhack in a couple weeks so I can take it out a couple times. Will need to try it with the Tensei Blue that's coming too. Might need to do some sim time with it and a couple shafts.
If you want to do some range sessions with our lack of nice weather coming, I’m in

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
If you want to do some range sessions with our lack of nice weather coming, I’m in
You guys play league on Tuesdays? Think I'll try to get out then and Wednesday and Thursday mornings.

Supposed to get my 2nd round at home course tomorrow but temps won't get above 40. Having 2nd thoughts before the AI smoke freezes and become a AI ice

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I think I’ve finally settled on a front weight. 10g weight in the front of my Max has been just what the doctor ordered. 3/6 FIR on the back 9. I didn’t track or score the front 9. A little more tweaking with the APW should help reduce my draw and I think we’ll be cooking with gas.

Distance was surprisingly good for the 20 degree temperature drop we saw. I may have hit one over 310. I put my X5 in GPS only so I used GPS math. Put an asterisk on that one. The rest of my drives were as expected or better compared to where I’m usually hitting approaches from.

I had a few pulls today but for the most part I was able to start the ball on the intended line and get the flight I was looking for. I started going after it a little more as the confidence built and didn’t see much of a change in flight or direction. I’m not saying I have it figured out, but I can’t remember a driver that was easier for me to hit. I think the next release has some very big shoes to fill.

The MaxD continues to be working well for me. Love the sound and feel. I might need to try it as a second putter soon 🤣

Overall, two good driving rounds this weekend😍IMG_0527.png
IMG_0526.png

I am now feeling a desire for the Triple Diamond to play with. Ugh. Is this what obsession is like?

Really liking this driver. I had a couple get loose on me at Briggs but more often than not I was in play and plenty of distance. Confidence off the tee is growing

It's time to commit... to the fade. I'm tired of fighting the natural ball flight and looking for a club more distance off the tee. I have plenty of distance. Gonna play this in the standard setting with the weight in the toe and release the hell out of it. Start it left and let it ride back to the right. The hooks and low draw just make the game harder. I know I've played an event already but I went against my fitting and tried to do something "extra" and truth is... I'm not good enough to do that. This driver is super forgiving on most of the face. No reason to not use that advantage. When i get this straightened out I'll be back to this thread.

driver is doing great things my swing is no where it should be and driver is forgiving and distance still good on mis hits I’ve had several

Played 3 rounds on courses I've never played this weekend (all of which are a lot less forgiving than my home course), hit 8/14, 9/14 and 10/14 for a cumulative 64% FW hit for the weekend. Unfortunately I didn't capitalize on the drives with my subsequent shots, and the scorecards showed it (painfully so!)

Bottom is my old Epic, top is the Smoke

View attachment 9260199
That's pretty impressive! Do you think the P-AVG went up mostly as a result of longer center-face strikes, or because of the forgiveness on off-center strikes?

That's pretty impressive! Do you think the P-AVG went up mostly as a result of longer center-face strikes, or because of the forgiveness on off-center strikes?
Forgiveness on off center for sure, though the ones I caught in the center I absolutely mashed (for me).

Pee Wee Herman Wow GIF

I had to resist the urge to text you after every drive I hit! :ROFLMAO:
What shaft did you pair with it today? How was it launching for you? I know you're a bit lower on the launch scale with the OG Epic

What shaft did you pair with it today? How was it launching for you? I know you're a bit lower on the launch scale with the OG Epic
The white tie from the Epic. It was launching as high as anything I've ever hit. Part of it was definitely a little tweak I figured out when we were on the range yesterday though, I think my AoA is way better now than it has been.

The white tie from the Epic. It was launching as high as anything I've ever hit. Part of it was definitely a little tweak I figured out when we were on the range yesterday though, I think my AoA is way better now than it has been.
Heck yeah! Did you test the forgiveness at all today too?

Back