Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

I hit some really good drives this week at Briggs. What I was getting away with on miss hits was amazing.

I hit some really good drives this week at Briggs. What I was getting away with on miss hits was amazing.
Was there any one in particular that stands out as a “there’s no way that golf ball should be anywhere in play”?

Was there any one in particular that stands out as a “there’s no way that golf ball should be anywhere in play”?
I hit some drives way off the toe that shouldn’t gone anywhere, but they still went a really a long way and held their line.

I hit some drives way off the toe that shouldn’t gone anywhere, but they still went a really a long way and held their line.
Any out here? It’s unreal isn’t it!!

IMG_9688.jpeg

IMG_9687.jpeg

I want to start with the max with a mid flex regular shaft. I demo’d the new Taylor made max last weekend and liked a lot. If it’s as forgiving as those here and in the reviews say with my swing I may get the 3 wood also. My golf funds account will take a beating.
I think that you will find that the forgiveness across the face with the Max is absolutely mind blowing. I’ve hit some low off the face that just go forever. I’ve hit some off the toe that just turn over into a nice draw with respectable distance. I’ve hit some off the heel that turn in low fades that run out. Then when you hit one on the button you just turn and shake your head because it was bombed straight down the middle.

Such a good shaft pairing w/ that LinQ M40X Blue.
It really is. Now to have THP decide which shaft I roll with the remainder of the year.

So I had a fitting today, and my old clubs were just fine, and nothing was hit further, but my driver, oh what a difference. The Smoke Max I tried was aces. I hit it 2 mph faster, and almost 20 yards longer with rollout (on sim). That is the good news. The bad news is my specific model was not in stock and I need to wait 2 weeks for it to show up!

1713406095275.png

Last edited:
The forgiveness really is the craziest thing about this driver. I'm blown away by it every time I play it.

So I had a fitting today, and my old clubs were just fine, and nothing was hit further, but my driver, oh what a difference. The Smoke Max I tried was aces. I hit it 2 mph faster, and almost 20 yards longer with rollout (on sim). That is the good news. The bad news is my specific model was not in stock and I need to wait 2 weeks for it to show up!

View attachment 9258261
Those are some great gains! Hopefully you can get one in sooner. 2 weeks isn’t too bad if you are gaining 20 yards!!

View attachment 9258261

Those are some great gains! Hopefully you can get one in sooner. 2 weeks isn’t too bad if you are gaining 20 yards!!
Heck knowing what I now know about this club (forgiveness and distance gains) there isn’t a wait time too long.
You are going to be so happy

The forgiveness really is the craziest thing about this driver. I'm blown away by it every time I play it.
Yes! I’ll be posting some later today, but yesterday on a really narrow hole the group I was with pulled out long irons. They literally asked “not taking the safe play?”
I replied
“I AM”
That’s the confidence it gives.

Last edited:
I'm sure deep in this thread there are some comments from folks that moved on from the Standard Paradym to either the Smoke Max or TD?
Are you seeing lower spin and faster speeds compared to the Paradym?
I'd like to see the spin #'s I get with the Rogue LS with the forgiveness of the Paradym. I seem to be spinning the Paradym a bit, since I'm not getting a lot of roll out with either the Ventus Velocore Red TR or the Oban Devotion shaft, so it seem's to be the head.
Thoughts or experiences?
Thanks

Last edited:
Got my new Max D out on the course for the first time yesterday. It was in a member-member tournament so the range was a bit packed beforehand so I only got to hit 8-10 when warming up. The first 2 drives on the course my swing felt like they were huge misses...however even though they both missed the fairway it was only by a few yards and still playable (both I thought would have been way farther off line). The third drive felt slightly off the toe but good contract and was absolutely bombed. I actually outdrove my partner who's normally around 20+ yards longer than me. I won't go through every shot but I was constantly amazed at the improvement I was seeing over my 3 year old Epic Max LS. The confidence quickly ramped up as I felt like I could hit it on a couple tighter holes that I normally hit 3 wood on for safety.

I'd say this is exactly what I was hoping for - for the misses to be slightly straighter but not losing much distance (if any)...and when you square one up it's a great feeling!

Got my new Max D out on the course for the first time yesterday. It was in a member-member tournament so the range was a bit packed beforehand so I only got to hit 8-10 when warming up. The first 2 drives on the course my swing felt like they were huge misses...however even though they both missed the fairway it was only by a few yards and still playable (both I thought would have been way farther off line). The third drive felt slightly off the toe but good contract and was absolutely bombed. I actually outdrove my partner who's normally around 20+ yards longer than me. I won't go through every shot but I was constantly amazed at the improvement I was seeing over my 3 year old Epic Max LS. The confidence quickly ramped up as I felt like I could hit it on a couple tighter holes that I normally hit 3 wood on for safety.

I'd say this is exactly what I was hoping for - for the misses to be slightly straighter but not losing much distance (if any)...and when you square one up it's a great feeling!
Such an upgrade over the older club (I switched from a Mavrik).
Just amazing how easily these go from package to straight onto the course.

Where is your normal miss on a driver?

What do you think your biggest adjustment was after the first few holes.

I'm sure deep in this thread there are some comments from folks that moved on from the Standard Paradym to either the Smoke Max or TD?
Are you seeing lower spin and faster speeds compared to the Paradym?
I'd like to see the spin #'s I get with the Rogue LS with the forgiveness of the Paradym. I seem to be spinning the Paradym a bit, since I'm not getting a lot of roll out with either the Ventus Velcroe Red TR or the Oban Devotion shaft, so it seem's to be the head.
Thoughts or experiences?
Thanks
I moved from the Paradym TD to the Smoke TD not the Standard. You should see lower spin on the TD compared to the Standard.

Such an upgrade over the older club (I switched from a Mavrik).
Just amazing how easily these go from package to straight onto the course.

Where is your normal miss on a driver?

What do you think your biggest adjustment was after the first few holes.
My normal miss is a fade (that can turn into a slice) which is why the "D" worked well for me. I've tried a few D drivers before over the years and they weren't right for me and I think a lot of them just looked funny like they had a closed face. This one sets up perfect and looks great to me.

I think the biggest adjustment was just a little trust in it. The first 2 holes are a little tighter and I think I had tentative swings not playing it before...the 3rd drive that I didn't think was a perfect strike and just watching it jump of the clubface gave me the confidence I needed. Funny how 1 swing can do that.

I've often found items ship way sooner than initially quoted. That said, I have something stuck at customs for clearance (coming from Monterey, Mexico).

It's worth the wait!

Think these will be getting reviewed in my TD head….

IMG_6671.jpeg

Course finally opened up yesterday. I'll be going to the range and hopefully out on the course this weekend. I'll have something to post about the Max D. After following this thread closely and with good results during fitting, I am excited to see what the Max D can do for me.

Welp, did the demo fitting thing for the driver. I did get maybe 10 more yards. However after comparing to the Taylor Made, I am leaning that direction. Calaway guys were cool, but it just did not feel right. I cannot say exactly, maybe its the TM sound even. Something else that is odd but not their fault is that my swing speed is like 98 to 105 but I was hitting the regular shaft better in the TM driver. Is that crazy?

Back