Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Been using the Chrome Tour for a bit now and it took what I liked about Chrome Soft X LS and made it feel so much better.

Welp, it looks like Chrome Tour will be taking over for my X LS ball meow, and I liked that ball very much.

Ooh, I like the line changes!

I was selected as a tester too. My initial thoughts after three rounds , one track man session and short game practice. My normal ball is prov1

CTx
Spins a ton off irons and wedges
Feel is very similar to the prov1x
A little shorter for me off the irons compared to prov1 and new tp5
I did enjoy playing it and could easily play it as my go to ball.

CT
For me slightly lower ball flight off driver
Similar distance off irons to prov1
Not quite as soft and spinny
I need more time with this ball as I think it would be the better fit

Also I remember posting in the Grandaddy thread that EVERYONE would have a ball they like looking down at. It was a reference to this picture that we saw during the presentation. All those spots with a ball are what will be available AT RETAIL...the empty spots will eventually be available on Callaway. Literally no OEM offers the options that Callaway does.
View attachment 9234107
Custom truvis. :unsure:

IMG_1675.jpeg
IMG_1369.jpeg
IMG_1449.jpeg

Does it get any more beautiful than a properly marked Chrome Tour?

Loved this ball. The driver and golf ball were maybe the biggest standouts for me at the Grandaddy. It has some serious sauce on and around the greens. I’m excited to share more thoughts here.

I can confidently say I’m going to do a thorough ball fitting to decide between tour and tour x.

I didn’t like the LS especially around the greens, which is why I’ve switched to the CSX. I have a few rounds with each of these, and can say the Tour X is in the lead right now, but I wanna give the Tour more time. It’s impressive
I got to play the CT for two rounds. It is farther and very impressive into the wind. Driver it excels and irons are consistent. I didn’t get the check around the greens that I expected. I was able to adjust and thinking it was conditions as much better the second round. Do want to try the x s as soon as possible.

Also I remember posting in the Grandaddy thread that EVERYONE would have a ball they like looking down at. It was a reference to this picture that we saw during the presentation. All those spots with a ball are what will be available AT RETAIL...the empty spots will eventually be available on Callaway. Literally no OEM offers the options that Callaway does.
View attachment 9234107
I've been expecting some initial barking about the yellow stuff, and have prepared responses for those inevitably whiny b*itches! 😆

There's so many options. No one can offer everything.

Great write up, will definitely be trying out he Chrome Tour and Chrome Tour x to see which better fits me. Also liking the new TT design, while subtle it looks great.

Welp, it looks like Chrome Tour will be taking over for my X LS ball meow, and I liked that ball very much.
It will take one round before you completely jump over if you are a LS user. They got the feel right, got the spin right and gave us a bit more speed.

Does the Chrome Tour X launch higher than the CSX?

Thoughts on the new Chrome Tour line of golf balls…
IMG_1726.jpeg

Callaway has been making strides in all areas as a company the last few years. One area that stands out is sometimes overlooked by golfers and an area that if you ask some is the most important part of the bag…The Golf Ball! This year Callaway is releasing The New Gold Standard with three main versions (Chrome Soft, Chrome Tour, and Chrome Tour X). The answer to the question is the Chrome Soft going away is now know. It is not and it is only getting better.

Callaway is invested in the notion that they have created the most advanced ball the world has ever seen. What the world will see is a golf ball that has a Hyper Fast Soft Core, using a rubber compound that delivers faster ball speeds, a seamless Tour Aero dimple hex pattern and a high performance tour urethane soft cover, providing improved performance and spin consistency. All of this has been achieved while keeping the same feel that we expected from Callaway.

The process that Callaway has developed is mind blowing with them capturing over 100 million proof points during the development and testing of the new Chrome Soft and Chrome Tour lines at their Chicopee facility. All three lines were developed independently of each other. With that being said there will be a ball out there for everyone and that is what I am excited about it.

A high level breakdown of the three new lines before diving into my thoughts/opinions of the version I put into play.

Chrome Soft - This ball will be the lowest spin and have a soft compression feel focused on aspirational players in search for a tour quality ball. This isn’t the Chrome Soft of 2023.

Chrome Tour - This ball will deliver less than moderate spin and a more than moderate compression feel geared at better players seeking distance and feel. Callaway states that the Chrome Tour will be the lead horse in the new line of golf balls.

Chrome Tour X - This ball will be the highest spinning and have a firm compression feel geared towards the best players seeking speed and the ultimate in control. Several tour pros have already committed and provided feedback on this line.

At the Grandaddy, which is hosted by Callaway Golf & THP (you can learn more and read about the 2023 journey here) https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...andaddy-of-em-all-with-callaway-golf.8958078/ I put into play the Chrome Tour TT (Triple Track) ball over two days of competition at The Hideaway.

Initial Thoughts:

Appearance:

On first view I immediately noticed a different hue on the ball than previous years. Some will say that it appears more white, but I notice a slight bluish tint. During our conversation Callaway shared that they changed the font of the number and are using a deeper red. Great adjustments in my opinion. For those using the TT version you will noticed that the alignment aids have been changed and have a pointed end versus squared off as in previous versions. This is a welcomed change for me as from a visual perspective it provides a finite point to line your eyesight to. The pointed alignment aid provides me of a mindset of forward movement than just being a dead end. You will also see a change in the dimple pattern. To my eye we see a combination of hex and circular dimples that look less rigid as the 2023 version CSX LS. Same soft feeling urethane cover as previous models.

Font / Color:

IMG_1728.jpeg

TT Alignment Aid:

IMG_1729.jpeg

Feel:

There is a certain feel that I’ve come accustomed to over the last year playing the Chrome Soft line of golf balls. It is a great feeling to know that Callaway listens to feedback from their consumers and strive to deliver that same feeling and sound when releasing new products. For those interested the feel of all clubs remained the same for me (Driver, Irons, Wedges and Putter).

Ball Flight:

During my two rounds with playing the Chrome Tour I noticed that even with a light breeze ball flight was not impacted. During my two rounds at the Hideaway I felt my spin was cut down from previous versions of the Chrome Soft line, most importantly the CSXLS from last year. Apex on iron and wedge shots were inline to what I was seeing as well. Over the next year I will dive in to more data points as I test these on my Launch Monitor. For those that will gravitate towards the 2024 Chrome Soft ball, Callaway noticed during testing an increased Apex of almost 2 yards!!! That is huge in my opinion that want a ball that lands softer on the green allowing the ball to stop faster.

Green Interaction:

All amateur golfers look for spin and stopping power around the green. On several shots I noticed just that from varying distances. The ball would typically check and either take two hops and spin or stop on a dime. For me generating spin on green side shots doesn’t always happen as I tend to flip the ball due to a lot of wrist action. Even when that occurred the Chrome Tour would stop fairly quick. If you want the ball to roll out, fear none as it was apparent Callaway took everything in to account.

Durability:

As consumers we look for value, tech and durability. How often do you find yourself hitting all your shots on the green stuff? I know that I do not and tend to look for a golf ball that can stand up against the rigors the golf club, cart paths, trees, sand and other objects can impart on the surface. Over my two rounds at the Hideaway I found myself coming into contact with these surfaces and did not notice any markings on the cover. This is a good thing because if I see a scuff or marking on the golf ball I will tend to take it out of play. This will be an area of focus as I go through my testing this year.

Overall Thoughts:

The Chrome Tour is going to be an area that I focus on that in the long term will improve my scoring. The increased ball speed, in turn will relate to more distance across the board. However ball speed and distance is not the area that I am most excited about…that is the spin consistency and interaction with how the ball interacts with shots into the green. The feel is a quality that you often don’t think about with the ball. This quality shines as I like a soft feeling golf ball that will work for me as I don’t have a very fast swing speed. The durability will be a key factor as well for me as I want to be able to use the golf ball for more than a single round. Get excited folks as the Chrome Tour ball is going to turn some heads.

A few more thoughts…

These will be available approximately around 2/2/24

Pricing increased from the previous line to $54.99

These will be available in retail stores:

5b098f49-fe00-4521-a252-99b49cb9a96d.jpeg

For those disappointed about the missing versions of the various lines…don’t worry as every line is available online at Callaway Golf!!! That is huge if you ask me…right @Just_Brad ???

Every ball goes through a very intense inspection process before being packaged for retail. Callaway takes it a step further, each sleeve of golf balls comes with a QR code that can be scanned should you feel the ball isn’t performing or feels weird. Call Callaway support and they will ask you to scan that QR code and they can review the details for that batch of balls. Now that is over the top and the motto of Callaway not releasing something until they know it’s right!

Let me know if you have any questions and get ready for “The New Gold Standard” in golf balls.

Let me know if you have questions

Attachments

• 1704331131372.png
    1704331131372.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
View attachment 9234107
This is exciting and I want to emphasize that they plan to fill those empty boxes buying direct. Maybe not at release, but soon. I have loved TruTrack and the idea of yellow TruTrack and Yellow TT360 makes me giddy.

Custom truvis. :unsure:
TruTrack is taking over for truvis as a whole. So Custom Truvis will be more like what we see now with the limited offerings is how I understood it.

It will take one round before you completely jump over if you are a LS user. They got the feel right, got the spin right and gave us a bit more speed.
They will definitely be in the bag for WWGC at Briggs.

Thoughts on the new Chrome Tour line of golf balls…
View attachment 9234120

Callaway has been making strides in all areas as a company the last few years. One area that stands out is sometimes overlooked by golfers and an area that if you ask some is the most important part of the bag…The Golf Ball! This year Callaway is releasing The New Gold Standard with three main versions (Chrome Soft, Chrome Tour, and Chrome Tour X). The answer to the question is the Chrome Soft going away is now know. It is not and it is only getting better.

Callaway is invested in the notion that they have created the most advanced ball the world has ever seen. What the world will see is a golf ball that has a Hyper Fast Soft Core, using a rubber compound that delivers faster ball speeds, a seamless Tour Aero dimple hex pattern and a high performance tour urethane soft cover, providing improved performance and spin consistency. All of this has been achieved while keeping the same feel that we expected from Callaway.

The process that Callaway has developed is mind blowing with them capturing over 100 million proof points during the development and testing of the new Chrome Soft and Chrome Tour lines at their Chicopee facility. All three lines were developed independently of each other. With that being said there will be a ball out there for everyone and that is what I am excited about it.

A high level breakdown of the three new lines before diving into my thoughts/opinions of the version I put into play.

Chrome Soft - This ball will be the lowest spin and have a soft compression feel focused on aspirational players in search for a tour quality ball. This isn’t the Chrome Soft of 2023.

Chrome Tour - This ball will deliver less than moderate spin and a more than moderate compression feel geared at better players seeking distance and feel. Callaway states that the Chrome Tour will be the lead horse in the new line of golf balls.

Chrome Tour X - This ball will be the highest spinning and have a firm compression feel geared towards the best players seeking speed and the ultimate in control. Several tour pros have already committed and provided feedback on this line.

At the Grandaddy, which is hosted by Callaway Golf & THP (you can learn more and read about the 2023 journey here) (insert link), I put into play the Chrome Tour TT (Triple Track) ball over two days of competition at The Hideaway.

Initial Thoughts:

Appearance:

On first view I immediately noticed a different hue on the ball than previous years. Some will say that it appears more white, but I notice a slight bluish tint. During our conversation Callaway shared that they changed the font of the number and are using a deeper red. Great adjustments in my opinion. For those using the TT version you will noticed that the alignment aids have been changed and have a pointed end versus squared off as in previous versions. This is a welcomed change for me as from a visual perspective it provides a finite point to line your eyesight to. The pointed alignment aid provides me of a mindset of forward movement than just being a dead end. You will also see a change in the dimple pattern. To my eye we see a combination of hex and circular dimples that look less rigid as the 2023 version CSX LS. Same soft feeling urethane cover as previous models.

Font / Color:

View attachment 9234116

TT Alignment Aid:

View attachment 9234117

Feel:

There is a certain feel that I’ve come accustomed to over the last year playing the Chrome Soft line of golf balls. It is a great feeling to know that Callaway listens to feedback from their consumers and strive to deliver that same feeling and sound when releasing new products. For those interested the feel of all clubs remained the same for me (Driver, Irons, Wedges and Putter).

Ball Flight:

During my two rounds with playing the Chrome Tour I noticed that even with a light breeze ball flight was not impacted. During my two rounds at the Hideaway I felt my spin was cut down from previous versions of the Chrome Soft line, most importantly the CSXLS from last year. Apex on iron and wedge shots were inline to what I was seeing as well. Over the next year I will dive in to more data points as I test these on my Launch Monitor. For those that will gravitate towards the 2024 Chrome Soft ball, Callaway noticed during testing an increased Apex of almost 2 yards!!! That is huge in my opinion that want a ball that lands softer on the green allowing the ball to stop faster.

Green Interaction:

All amateur golfers look for spin and stopping power around the green. On several shots I noticed just that from varying distances. The ball would typically check and either take two hops and spin or stop on a dime. For me generating spin on green side shots doesn’t always happen as I tend to flip the ball due to a lot of wrist action. Even when that occurred the Chrome Tour would stop fairly quick. If you want the ball to roll out, fear none as it was apparent Callaway took everything in to account.

Durability:

As consumers we look for value, tech and durability. How often do you find yourself hitting all your shots on the green stuff? I know that I do not and tend to look for a golf ball that can stand up against the rigors the golf club, cart paths, trees, sand and other objects can impart on the surface. Over my two rounds at the Hideaway I found myself coming into contact with these surfaces and did not notice any markings on the cover. This is a good thing because if I see a scuff or marking on the golf ball I will tend to take it out of play. This will be an area of focus as I go through my testing this year.

Overall Thoughts:

The Chrome Tour is going to be an area that I focus on that in the long term will improve my scoring. The increased ball speed, in turn will relate to more distance across the board. However ball speed and distance is not the area that I am most excited about…that is the spin consistency and interaction with how the ball interacts with shots into the green. The feel is a quality that you often don’t think about with the ball. This quality shines as I like a soft feeling golf ball that will work for me as I don’t have a very fast swing speed. The durability will be a key factor as well for me as I want to be able to use the golf ball for more than a single round. Get excited folks as the Chrome Tour ball is going to turn some heads.

A few more thoughts…

These will be available approximately around 2/2/24

Pricing increased from the previous line to $54.99

These will be available in retail stores:

View attachment 9234114

For those disappointed about the missing versions of the various lines…don’t worry as every line is available online at Callaway Golf!!! That is huge if you ask me…right @Just_Brad ???

Every ball goes through a very intense inspection process before being packaged for retail. Callaway takes it a step further, each sleeve of golf balls comes with a QR code that can be scanned should you feel the ball isn’t performing or feels weird. Call Callaway support and they will ask you to scan that QR code and they can review the details for that batch of balls. Now that is over the top and the motto of Callaway not releasing something until they know it’s right!

Let me know if you have any questions and get ready for “The New Gold Standard” in golf balls.

Let me know if you have questions
TLDR j/k.

Seriously, when I asked the question in presentations about offerings, it was more out of curiosity. Assuming certain models would have/should have definitely been available.....

And then @JasonFinleyCG bombs us with "all versions shown that don't show an X in the graphic, are available though callawaygolf.com"

Mind blown. But I still want a red Chrome Soft or Chrome Tour!!!

View attachment 9234107
When we heard that minds were blown! The extra mile that Callaway goes is crazy.

I’m torn on this. CSX has been the ball I want that spin. I also want the 360 triple track which only appears to be ChromeSoft.

Going to need to give them all an on course try.

View attachment 9234107
Wait so 360 TT will at some point be an option from Callaway on CTX? This makes my day if true

This part from the article is what excites me.

“A simple example of that would be a player choosing a ball that offered too little spin with their irons just to hit their ideal launch window with driver.”

This has been my battle with the CSX LS. I love that off the tee but don’t get enough spin on irons & hybrids. CSX gets me too much spin off the tee. I cannot wait to try these balls out!

I’m torn on this. CSX has been the ball I want that spin. I also want the 360 triple track which only appears to be ChromeSoft.

Going to need to give them all an on course try.
360 TT will be available on all balls direct from Callaway. The graphic shows just what's available at retail

I am really going to try to make Triple Track a thing this year haha

It won't happen, but damnit I'm going to try. @vgolfman would be proud.
For so long I was against it, but I gave in. It made sense now every other golf ball I see looks awkward!

I think you need to make @vgolfman proud!

Back