Build Your 2024 Cobra Bag

Every single time I think about top of the bag I wonder if it's weird to want 2-3 hybrids and start at a mid iron? (whether or not that's actually possible - doing the individual irons).

If I hit hybrids better than long irons, that's the thing to go with. I've never thought about any big loss of not having a 4i or 5i in my set up but having a 4h/5h.
Just have to be aware of distance gaps as 4h/5h may actually gap different if you want to replace 4i/5i.

Just have to be aware of distance gaps as 4h/5h may actually gap different if you want to replace 4i/5i.
Good point. I went with a 5H and 6H last year. I had a gap between the 6H and my 7iron.

I think that leads into another question for the hopefuls. If you are putting in for this have you tried the current lineup or are you only interested if you get picked?

I remember in 2021 I had signed up and had a fitting already scheduled (Not just Cobra). When I got picked I was able to figure out my bag within a couple of days. I haven't tried everything from this years line yet but I have tried a lot of Cobra since my Morgan Cup experience. I am pretty sure I could hand in a bag order within an hour of finding out if I am lucky enough to make the team. And by team I mean the winning Team Paradise.
So true here. Give me an hour to waffle over shafts, tradition right, and I’d have my order in.

Every single time I think about top of the bag I wonder if it's weird to want 2-3 hybrids and start at a mid iron? (whether or not that's actually possible - doing the individual irons).

If I hit hybrids better than long irons, that's the thing to go with. I've never thought about any big loss of not having a 4i or 5i in my set up but having a 4h/5h.
Last year, I went with a 7W, 5H and 6H and then a 7iron through GW.

Top of my bag is going to fun this year I think. I've pretty much ruled standard 3w out. BUT do I go 3HF or 5w? X or LS? 7w or hybrid? Utility? SO many decisions!

My year I ended up at 3-6h for the final bag and also tried 2h and 7h. Definitely doable.

Top of my bag is going to fun this year I think. I've pretty much ruled standard 3w out. BUT do I go 3HF or 5w? X or LS? 7w or hybrid? Utility? SO many decisions!
5w and utility iron!

Get crazy up in there. You're already a long hitter with the break down you had done by @jenisontheforum - give it some spice.

5w and utility iron!

Get crazy up in there. You're already a long hitter with the break down you had done by @jenisontheforum - give it some spice.
A 7w would be spicy I feel like. But isn't hybrid at same loft technically easier to hit? Or should be?

A 7w would be spicy I feel like. But isn't hybrid at same loft technically easier to hit? Or should be?
I would think so, and "better" off of the deck, if that's what you're looking for.

I would think so, and "better" off of the deck, if that's what you're looking for.
Yeah I'm not looking for anything off the tee at all. I'm driver off the tee 95.5% of the time

I find a 7W to be more forgiving on strike, and better for hitting approach shots out of rough. Pretty one trick pony though for me, it's pretty much only going to be a high draw with my swing. Hybrid is a little more versatile but I find in that 20* I sometimes don't spin/launch them enough out of rough for approach shots which is a common use case. Based on this the last bag I drew up had a 7W and a utility in it

Awesome reading back through these, It would be crazy good to actually get the chance to play them in the Morgan Cup. I put together my Aero Jet 5 wood with a UST Red M40X a couple of weeks ago and it is straight fire, just bombs with height

Go mash that LS 5w…

Driver: Darkspeed Max UST LINQ White 6F4
Fairway: Darkspeed LS 5w LINQ White 7F4
Fairway: Darkspeed Max 7w LINQ White 7F4
Hybrid: Darkspeed 5, 6, MMT 80s
Irons: King Tour 6-GW, Tour V S, 1/2" long, 2 deg up
Wedges: Snakebite 52 Versatile, 58 Widelow, Tour V S
Putter: Agera RS, 34.5"
Only change after further testing would be to swap putters to the Widesport

The X and LS in FW having different construction is a big reason to go get fit. I like the feel of X better than LS but numbers are better with LS. Not huge difference but enough to ponder. It would make me go 3w X 5w LS. If the titanium didn't really show a difference I would do 3HL and hybrid.

I find a 7W to be more forgiving on strike, and better for hitting approach shots out of rough. Pretty one trick pony though for me, it's pretty much only going to be a high draw with my swing. Hybrid is a little more versatile but I find in that 20* I sometimes don't spin/launch them enough out of rough for approach shots which is a common use case. Based on this the last bag I drew up had a 7W and a utility in it
I think this is a great example for having options!
I used my 3 and 5 hybrids a ton from the rough and had great success on approaches where I was not necessarily trying to hold the green but just wanted to get close. Found many ended up holding greens with the King Tec hybrids.

5W LS head sounds lethal on a par 5

@jdtox Do you do a full bag fitting before submitting your order, or since you're a Cobra Staffer, you kinda already know what works?

I think that leads into another question for the hopefuls. If you are putting in for this have you tried the current lineup or are you only interested if you get picked?

I remember in 2021 I had signed up and had a fitting already scheduled (Not just Cobra). When I got picked I was able to figure out my bag within a couple of days. I haven't tried everything from this years line yet but I have tried a lot of Cobra since my Morgan Cup experience. I am pretty sure I could hand in a bag order within an hour of finding out if I am lucky enough to make the team. And by team I mean the winning Team Paradise.
I was with you all the way until the end.

@jdtox Do you do a full bag fitting before submitting your order, or since you're a Cobra Staffer, you kinda already know what works?
Typically I kind of know what works and what I'm looking for. I do like to try and get on a monitor and see some numbers with driver. I try to test everything Cobra equipment wise ahead of time so I have an idea as well.

Come on, he doesn’t order off the menu like the rest of us!!!

Hit the Darkspeed 5w this weekend. It might be a heavy contender to replace 3w in my previous build.

Cannot find this “L” flex shaft to pair with my Darkspeed X driver head on the Cobra website 🤣. How am I supposed to build my bag!?!
1712113573782.gif

I love my 5w/4i setup but the 7w has been gaining traction lately tempting me to try a 7w.

Back