Build Your 2024 Cobra Bag

Cobra Driver of Choice: DarkSpeed X driver 9* UST LIN-Q M40X White 6 Stiff shaft
FW of Choice: Darkspeed X 3W UST LIN-Q M40X 6F4 Stiff shaft
Hybrid or Utility: King Tec Hybrid 3H & 4H UST Recoil 460 ESX Stiff
Cobra Irons of Choice: Forged Tec Black 5-GW KBS $ taper stiff
Cobra Wedges of Choice: Snakebite Black 54* versatile & 58* widelow KBS Hi 2.0 Black stiff
Cobra Putter of Choice: Sport- 40 Vintage putter 34 inch

Big question for me is would I go 3w HF or 5w. I could cover the same distance gap with some loft sleeve adjustment on each. One of my goals going into this golf season is to be able to hit a fw more consistently. I would use it primarily as a non-tee club.
3HF has been hard to find even on the fitting carts so not sure I would be able to hit this for testing purposes before ordering.
Welcome any thoughts that may make this decision any easier.
What's your shot shape and height with fairways typically, and are you happy with it?

Big question for me is would I go 3w HF or 5w. I could cover the same distance gap with some loft sleeve adjustment on each. One of my goals going into this golf season is to be able to hit a fw more consistently. I would use it primarily as a non-tee club.
3HF has been hard to find even on the fitting carts so not sure I would be able to hit this for testing purposes before ordering.
Good thing you have guys you can lean on for help. ;)

What's your shot shape and height with fairways typically, and are you happy with it?
Usually a low to mid flight draw. For that reason I have stayed away from a 3w and favored a 5w turned down to get a little higher launch. But with the new HF would it be a larger head and more forgiving than the 5w?

Bag selected a month ago:

D: Darkspeed X 10.5/UST Mamiya LIN-Q BLue 6F3
F: Darkspeed X 3HF/UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 7F4
H: Darkspeed 4H/TGI 85 S
Darkspeed 5H/TGI 85 S
I: Darkspeed 6-P/TGI 85 S 1* weak
W: SBx 48, 52, 56 and 60/TGI 85S
P: Agera RS-30 3D

Today, for Ss and Gs:

D: Darkspeed X 10.5
F: Darkspeed X 3W and 7W
H: Darkspeed 5H
I: DS 6-8; King Tour 8-PW
W: SBx 52; SB Raw 56 and 60
P: Agera RS-30 3D

Good thing you have guys you can lean on for help. ;)
They have strong backs and can carry the weight of a small Asian man, a couple of bearded tally brothers, a one length wonder and a New Jersey mafioso leaning heavy on them!

Usually a low to mid flight draw. For that reason I have stayed away from a 3w and favored a 5w turned down to get a little higher launch. But with the new HF would it be a larger head and more forgiving than the 5w?
Maybe a good question for Jose, looks like the cc numbers aren't on the website this year. If I had to guess there might be a small difference in size but maybe not enough to make a decision based on it.

You might find a little extra speed and launch out of the 3HF, but the 5 turned down might be a little easier to make contact with the shorter shaft, and maybe neutralize the draw a little bit if that's a good thing.

Darkspeed X 10.5 Lin-Q Blue 6
Darkspeed Max Fairway 3w and 5w Lin-Q Red 5
Darkspeed ONE Length hybrid 4h and 5h (says custom only, but doesn't show upcharge) KBS 75
Darkspeed ONE Length Irons (if possible) 7i - SW KBS 75
Snakebite ONE length Wedge 56* 60* UST Recoil 65 Graphite Regular (only non upcharge I see)
Agera Putter - 34"

I looked a few times, I still am not a shaft expert and figured I would finally put one down. Still on the train to try the one length as of right now. I want one swing as much as possible.

Having hit both 3HF and 5W with the same shaft, I'm leaning the 5W way. but that's simply due to me not being able to spin anything enough. the 3HF was a bullet, but launching lower and spinning quite a lot less.

They have strong backs and can carry the weight of a small Asian man, a couple of bearded tally brothers, a one length wonder and a New Jersey mafioso leaning heavy on them!
I think I recognize those guys! :LOL: Jose and Lord Tox must have strong backs.

I go back and forth in my mind. Kind of interested in going 5 or 6i to 8i in DS and 9i-GW in King Tour. But still leaning on Darkspeed all through thebirons, if I can find a good match in shafts.

Annual golf expo on Friday, so DS and King Tour will be swung there.

Looked at Cobra site and my Brain locked up. I don't know how you folks do it.

17107948063894394762844645264717.jpgalready took care of Whisky part...didn't help. But I did feel better 😌

View attachment 9249711already took care of Whisky part...didn't help. But I did feel better 😌
I started from Driver, then irons, that leads to wedges and their lofts, finally filling the hole between driver and longest iron.

Then you just select something that fits your thoughts and experiences. And you change your mind about 275 times. Easy peasy 😀

I started from Driver, then irons, that leads to wedges and their lofts, finally filling the hole between driver and longest iron.

Then you just select something that fits your thoughts and experiences. And you change your mind about 275 times. Easy peasy 😀
That’s part of the fun isn’t it? You get to daydream all kinds of different combinations.
14 slots, to build the bag however you wish. Talk about a pretty awesome part of this experience!!!

My first draft thoughts for what I'd go for with this year's lineup is:

Darkspeed X 10.5 UST Lin-Q M40X Blue 6
Darkspeed Max 3W Kai'Li Blue 70 S
Darkspeed 3 and 4 hybrids PGI 85 S
Darkspeed 5-GW Project X Catalyst 80 (6.0)
SnakeBite X 54* and 58* Project X Catalyst 80 (6.0)
Nova Vintage Putter

I think this would be a fun bag.

That’s part of the fun isn’t it? You get to daydream all kinds of different combinations.
14 slots, to build the bag however you wish. Talk about a pretty awesome part of this experience!!!
Absolutely is! I can already imagine how hard and exiting it will be to finally lock it in. And I still think I'll do a couple of sessions with irons and fw/hy slots to test possible combos. And that's fun too!

I've always enjoyed the process of deciding what equipment to play.

Just for fun…

Darkspeed LS 9* hzrdus black gen 4 60x
Darkspeed LS 3w and 5w hzrdus black gen 4 70x
Cobra King Tour 4-PW True Temper DG X100
Snakebite Black 48*, 54*, 60* True Temper DG S400
Sport 40 Vintage 35”

Seems playable to me. Would like if there were 80g wood shafts for 3 and 5 wood. King tour irons were very nice in a fitting recently, feel like I could play them

More fine-tuning. For very different reasons, I have loved what little time I've spent with both the King Tour and the Darkspeed irons. Deciding between the two of them will be the most difficult decision with which I am charged.

Bag 1:
Darkspeed Tour Length X 9.0 w/LinQ Red 6F3

Darkspeed X fairways

3W & 7W

King Tec 5U (Utility Iron) w/KBS TGI 75

King Tour irons 6-PW w/KBS TGI 75

Snakebite wedges

48.0 SB Raw Versatile
52.0 SB Raw Versatile
56.0 SB Raw Versatile
60.0 SB Raw Versatile

Agera RS 3D Putter (35")

Bag 1:
Darkspeed Tour Length LS 9.0 w/LinQ Red 6F3

Darkspeed X fairways

3W & 5W

Darkspeed irons 5-PW w/KBS TGI 75

Snakebite wedges

48.0 SB Raw Versatile
52.0 SB Raw Versatile
56.0 SB Raw Versatile
60.0 SB Raw Versatile

Agera RS 3D Putter (35")
We have a 14 club limit in the Morgan Cup sir. Decisions will need to be made OR will be made for you 😎

We have a 14 club limit in the Morgan Cup sir. Decisions will need to be made OR will be made for you 😎
Details 🤷‍♂️

Also…fixed.

Details 🤷‍♂️

Also…fixed.
Ifc Is It Though GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

@Redd leading candidate to get the left handed bag assigned! 🤣

@Redd leading candidate to get the left handed bag assigned! 🤣
I counted both "bags" about 916 times and kept counting 14 clubs in both. I'm slow and didn't recognize Cap was just messing with me. My sanity was in question for a few moments there.

Back