Broke 80 For the First Time on a Par 72

nice, here in washington thats how the weather is all the time :/
looks like your putting was on fire on the back nine. keep up the good work!

Congratulations, Sean!

I broke 80 today for the first time on a par 72 course. The temperature was in the low 40s and the wind chill was around 30 (at least according to the weatherman). It was also overcast. I walked rather briskly.

I shot a 79 with a 40 on the front and a 39 on the back. I hit seven fairways, three greens, and had 16 putts on the front and 12 on the back. I knew I was playing okay, but was surprised I broke 80 when I tallied the results. :alien2:

Congratulations! That is so awesome! :bananadance::bananadance::banana::clapp:

Congratulations Sean! I broke 80 for the first time last year. I ended up doing it one more time before the end of last season. I shot 82 on my first 18 of this year so I'm really excited about what I might be able to do this year! Hope you can start to break 80 more consistently as well! Good luck!

Good for you. I hope you kept the card. Might be nice to have it signed by the pro at the club and the guys you played with.

II remember my first time (breaking 80, that is). Called home and had dinner out; so excited.

Happy to say that I have broken 70 a few times but they were no where as memorable as that first sub-80 round.

Great Job Sean!

I broke 80 today for the first time on a par 72 course. The temperature was in the low 40s and the wind chill was around 30 (at least according to the weatherman). It was also overcast. I walked rather briskly.

I shot a 79 with a 40 on the front and a 39 on the back. I hit seven fairways, three greens, and had 16 putts on the front and 12 on the back. I knew I was playing okay, but was surprised I broke 80 when I tallied the results. :alien2:

That's great Sean! Congrats! Looks like you'll have a great year this year! :smile:

Congratulations Sean! I broke 80 for the first time last year. I ended up doing it one more time before the end of last season. I shot 82 on my first 18 of this year so I'm really excited about what I might be able to do this year! Hope you can start to break 80 more consistently as well! Good luck!
Thanks IN! Good luck too you too!

Good for you. I hope you kept the card. Might be nice to have it signed by the pro at the club and the guys you played with.

II remember my first time (breaking 80, that is). Called home and had dinner out; so excited.

Happy to say that I have broken 70 a few times but they were no where as memorable as that first sub-80 round.
I broke 80 before but on an easy par 70 course on a nice warm day. This was a relatively hard par 72 course, it was cold, and there was a lot of wind. I doubled the par 4 14th. Of the last four holes three were dead into the wind and I went par, par, birdie, bogey. I'm keeping the card. :)

Great Job Sean!
Thanks Clay!

Nicely done man. I have a feeling you will be breaking par at some point soon!

awesome round sean - putter was lights out eh? ill probably frame my first round breaking 80 - i hope too this year!

awesome round sean - putter was lights out eh? ill probably frame my first round in the 80's
Thanks a lot CG! By the way...that is a fantastic signature you have!

Way to go, Sean. Nice playing, congrats.

Back