Broke 80 For the First Time on a Par 72

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I broke 80 today for the first time on a par 72 course. The temperature was in the low 40s and the wind chill was around 30 (at least according to the weatherman). It was also overcast. I walked rather briskly.

I shot a 79 with a 40 on the front and a 39 on the back. I hit seven fairways, three greens, and had 16 putts on the front and 12 on the back. I knew I was playing okay, but was surprised I broke 80 when I tallied the results. :alien2:

Congrats! and so early in the season! 2011 is going to be a good year for you!

I broke 80 today for the first time on a par 72 course. The temperature was in the low 40s and the wind chill was around 30 (at least according to the weatherman). It was also overcast. I walked rather briskly.

I shot a 79 with a 40 on the front and a 39 on the back. I hit seven fairways, three greens, and had 16 putts on the front and 12 on the back. I knew I was playing okay, but was surprised I broke 80 when I tallied the results. :alien2:

Thats awesome buddy!!! Congrats! 12 putts on the back....I envy that!!

Wow congrats man thats a great round to start the golf season with.

That's awesome! So cold you weren't thinking about your score :)

congrats sean! Save that scorecard buddy

Outstanding round Sean. I have been close so far this year but no cigar for me. Man you must have been chipping really well for 12 putts on the back

Congrats! that's quite a milestone.

Congrats Sean! Given your stats, sounds like you had to have a good short game going with only 3 GIR - must have been chipping really well. I also had 28 putts in a recent round and it was cool to see that when you shave off 5 or 6 putts for a round, you see that same number drop off the overall score.

Sean, I am sooo happy for you. I bet you're on cloud nine right now!!!! This is something I've been shooting for for a long time and I can't imagine how great it'll feel when it finally happens. Way to go.

Dang man thats a great score. Seeing some really good things from fellow THP'ers lately on the course.

That is an awesome milestone. Congrats man. Now do it again... and again... and! :)

congrats sean! wish I could have played that well this early in the season...keep it up!

Sean great start to the season man!!! Now comes the hard part.....doing it again.

Can you say " Open the Flood Gates" haha...Was this a relatively flat or hilly course? I ask this because I broke 80 for the first time when I was in middle school. Then when I moved to Georgia from Florida, I started shooting in the 90s. The different elevation changes and undulations on the greens make it so much harder. It took me another year or so to break 80 again

Thank you all for your kind words...I really appreciate the support!

It was a very hilly course Eagles.

That's just great Sean! So happy for you!

Congrats on reaching a great golfing milestone! Hopefully I can break 80 sometime soon as well! I feel my short game and putting are up to the task, but my irons need a little work and my driver is asbolutely horrible at the moment. Maybe some range time later this week will help sort that out and get me back on track.
Right now I'd be very lucky to even break 100.

Congratulations Sean, great round!

Thank you all for your kind words...I really appreciate the support!

It was a very hilly course Eagles.

Sean, where did you play? I'm trying to figure out which courses around here are open right now. Also, can I steal your short game for the Morgan Cup? I'd love to have 28 putts one day!

12 putts on the back 9!!?? Thats out of this world. Can I borrow your wedge game for the rest of my life? :D

Back