Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I like that. In hindsight wish I had gone with the 14* 3W over the 4W. Hybrids are amazing. Would still enjoy tinkering with the 2h one of these days, think it would be a really versatile club.

yeah Im not a big hybo guy so 1 will be my max. Love me some 3W off the tee, and I think for these courses and the shots that are required the 5W will come in handy too

This is exciting! Going 3+, 2/3/4H. Lots of headcovers in my bag!

Wasting no time!!

Haha I went the unorthodox approach of building my entire bag around these clubs. I've been ready with this order since the beginning

Order is ready to go for Mon.

3+ -> Alidila RIP ALPHA 70 S. Red Lampkin REL 3 GEN

2H/4H ->. VTS Hybrid Black S. Red Lampkin REL 3 GEN

+4 wraps for my man hands.

I like the 2H / 4H idea. Why the 4w and not 3w? Just curious

I have never had much success hitting any 3W. A couple of years ago a good friend suggested a 4W and it just clicked. Plus it cleans up the top of my bag nicely.

Definitely jealous of all the B-stone staffers! You guys have some great sticks to work with. I'm a big 5W fan, but could easily see going 4W/2H/4H with these. Mainly because I have doubts about hitting the strong 3W well and the extra length on the 4W should let me squeeze out some extra yards. I dabble with other hybrids at the stores but have yet to find anything to make me stray from my J40 4H.

I like that. In hindsight wish I had gone with the 14* 3W over the 4W. Hybrids are amazing. Would still enjoy tinkering with the 2h one of these days, think it would be a really versatile club.

Why do you wish that you went 3+W 14 instead of 4W 16?

I know that I'm going 2h/4h because I think the gap between 3h and 4h would be too short, but I'm really struggling with 3+ vs the 4-wood.

I know that I'm going 2h/4h because I think the gap between 3h and 4h would be too short, but I'm really struggling with 3+ vs the 4-wood.

As someone who had the 3H/4H combo, I can tell you that the gap was too close for me as well.

I think the distance loss between 14 & 16 would be what 15 yards? Just depends on whether or not you feel the need to squeeze that extra off the tee. The fairways at Caledonia are a bit tight though, so take that into account as well. Generally when I'm having a bad day with driver, my 3W follows. I seem to be ok with the higher lofted woods though regardless. Just my 2¢. Happy pondering!

I am in the same boat bro.....cant decided on the FW....more than likely it will be the 3+...especially with my driver at 9.5...the 14* 3+ fits really well.

Still debating shafts...

Shaft for fairway wood is my main question.

Here is a question I have. All the specs for the shafts listed ( flex etc. ) are for standard length, I am assuming. Which would be for a driver. A FW is a shorter shaft, do we need to consider things like weight or flex when deciding?

Here is a question I have. All the specs for the shafts listed ( flex etc. ) are for standard length, I am assuming. Which would be for a driver. A FW is a shorter shaft, do we need to consider things like weight or flex when deciding?

Typically people go a little heavier with their fairway wood shafts as compared to their driver shafts. Flex would usually stay the same unless your driver swing is a good bit different than your swing with other clubs.

Here is what I'm considering for a fairway wood shaft: stock Project X 6.0 (hit it well on the range at THP Demo Day), Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li 70 (really liked this shaft in a 3 wood a couple of years ago), GD Tour AD DJ-7 (DJ has a little more spin than the DI shaft, have heard it's a good fairway wood compliment to the DI in a driver).

Typically people go a little heavier with their fairway wood shafts as compared to their driver shafts. Flex would usually stay the same unless your driver swing is a good bit different than your swing with other clubs.

Here is what I'm considering for a fairway wood shaft: stock Project X 6.0 (hit it well on the range at THP Demo Day), Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li 70 (really liked this shaft in a 3 wood a couple of years ago), GD Tour AD DJ-7 (DJ has a little more spin than the DI shaft, have heard it's a good fairway wood compliment to the DI in a driver).

I know that part of it Ary, the ordering a little heavier. But these shafts are for both driver and woods. Are the specs listed for driver length or are they for either? like say Kai'li 70 in stiff, it says weight of 71 and torque of 2.7*. Now are those specs when the shaft is in a driver or either club?

I know that part of it Ary, the ordering a little heavier. But these shafts are for both driver and woods. Are the specs listed for driver length or are they for either? like say Kai'li 70 in stiff, it says weight of 71 and torque of 2.7*. Now are those specs when the shaft is in a driver or either club?

Torque and stiffness will pretty much stay the same whether it's in a driver or fairway.

Back