Bridgestone Ball Fitting

I've never done a ball fitting before. I had my irons fit and that was pretty cool, but ball fitting is new to me. Has anyone had this done before? and what kind of results did you have?

Look up.

I've never done a ball fitting before. I had my irons fit and that was pretty cool, but ball fitting is new to me. Has anyone had this done before? and what kind of results did you have?

I have been club fit for years but never ball fit. I found out just how important it is. Fitting's is one area THP is on top of, including ball fittings. There are many threads here on the subject.

That's not really surprising to me. The RX doesn't spin for me as much as some other Tour balls, but that also translates to less spin off the driver for me as well. The RXS would most likely be the spinnier ball if that's what you are looking for.

Same thing JB said. The RX spins less off the driver and provides him the best launch numbers. I haven't GPS'd drives with both balls but I certainly don't believe that I gain any distance when using the RX and know that I do lose some amount of spin around the greens. I could adapt to playing the RX in no time but would only play it if it gives me some advantage over the Z Star. Looking forward to having a live fitting so I actually have some data to work off of and see what's best for me.

The question I have for those who have had ball fittings other than Bridgestone would be were you fitted for the same ball at a Golftec or Golf Galaxy or whatever fitting as you were by Bridgestone? Or has someone who had a Bridgestone fitting been told that a ball other than a Bridgestone would be best for their game?

I had a ball fitting once, thought I could pull it off wearing sandals on vacation in the store, didnt work out so well!

The question I have for those who have had ball fittings other than Bridgestone would be were you fitted for the same ball at a Golftec or Golf Galaxy or whatever fitting as you were by Bridgestone? Or has someone who had a Bridgestone fitting been told that a ball other than a Bridgestone would be best for their game?

I have personally witnessed people get the straight up truth about ball fitting during a Bridgestone fitting. They do not hide the results and for some, other balls might work better. Bridgestone was always honest when I witnessed it.

We have them near my home April 15th. and I'm counting down the days. The gains for me have been in the area of 15/20 yards increase in driver distance with the B330RX over the ProV I was playing.

I did the online fitting this winter and bought the balls. I'm just getting to take it to the course, but in my rounds so far, the results have been great. I lost nothing around the greens spin wise and that is important to me.

I'm really looking forward to the live fitting though and to have a chance to talk to the Bridgestone people about the fittings and balls. Should be great fun.

HoosierGolfer, I'll be interested in your fitting results. Online fitting for me was the RX and handicaps are the same. Swing speed for me is just under 100. I could drive to Paducah on the 15th, Crown Point and Ft. Worth are a little too far for me to go so I'll have to wait 6 weeks before I get the live fitting. At least I should be in mid season form by then.

Sorry, I was doing Bridgestone vs Bridgestone (by choice) at my fitting.

I have personally witnessed people get the straight up truth about ball fitting during a Bridgestone fitting. They do not hide the results and for some, other balls might work better. Bridgestone was always honest when I witnessed it.

Hey JB, I believe the numbers don't lie. My thought was that with the 8 different ball offerings from Bridgestone would they ever have to recommend a ball from another manufacturer?

I don't know that they are recommending other OEM balls, but rather letting the tester use their 'other' ball and then comparing one that the fitter thinks may work.

I don't know that they are recommending other OEM balls, but rather letting the tester use their 'other' ball and then comparing one that the fitter thinks may work.

Thanks Hawk. Makes sense to test your gamer against their inventory.

Hey JB, I believe the numbers don't lie. My thought was that with the 8 different ball offerings from Bridgestone would they ever have to recommend a ball from another manufacturer?

Yes, as I mentioned we witnessed them fit a couple of people outside of the ball. They normally can find a ball that fits better for everybody, but we have witnessed one or two people that hit their ball better and they were given those stats and told the complete truth. That is what sold me on them.

Anyone gaming the Z Star been to a B'Stone and fitting and gotten better numbers with one of the B' Stone balls versus the Z Star?

Anyone gaming the Z Star been to a B'Stone and fitting and gotten better numbers with one of the B' Stone balls versus the Z Star?

Me. Played the Z-Star for a while and got better numbers out of the Bridgestone. Also witnessed setho see the same thing during his fitting.

Yes, as I mentioned we witnessed them fit a couple of people outside of the ball. They normally can find a ball that fits better for everybody, but we have witnessed one or two people that hit their ball better and they were given those stats and told the complete truth. That is what sold me on them.

My first ball fitting last year I was playing the Pro V1x and was fit closest with the B330. The numbers were close but the ProV1x was a little better distance wise with a little more spin. They gave me straight answers and a sleeve of the B330's to test as well. Cant beat that kind of honesty from a company. I've gone back to the B330 now as my swing has changed a bit (see below)

I was playing the Z-Star for the first few rounds this season since I got a free dozen with my driver purchase and went to the ball fitting a couple of weekends ago at a golf expo. Side to side comparison with the B330 and the B330 was playing longer and straighter for me. I'll definitely be stocking up on a few dozen Bridgestones as the z-stars run out.

Me. Played the Z-Star for a while and got better numbers out of the Bridgestone. Also witnessed setho see the same thing during his fitting.

Looking forward to the live fitting even more now.

My first ball fitting last mhuelsman131, just outyear I was playing the Pro V1x and was fit closest with the B330. The numbers were close but the ProV1x was a little better distance wise with a little more spin. They gave me straight answers and a sleeve of the B330's to test as well. Cant beat that kind of honesty from a company. I've gone back to the B330 now as my swing has changed a bit (see below)

I was playing the Z-Star for the first few rounds this season since I got a free dozen with my driver purchase and went to the ball fitting a couple of weekends ago at a golf expo. Side to side comparison with the B330 and the B330 was playing longer and straighter for me. I'll definitely be stocking up on a few dozen Bridgestones as the z-stars run out.

mhuelsman131, just out of curiosity, what's your swing speed? Over 100 I'm guessing?

I did the Bridgestone online fitting and they chose the e6 for me. Boom! I've been using this ball off and on for about a month now, it rocks. It might even replace my consistent Nike Crush.

i have been playing last years e6. i was fit for it online. I have an appointment with Titleist for a ball fitting on Saturday. they told me to bring the ball I game the most. I wonder what they will tell me? What ball do they make that is comparable to the e6? Just curious if both companies will have close results.

I just got back from doing my first live Bridgestone ball fitting. It was interesting to say the least, average SS was right at 100.1 with a high of 106, low of 97, it was cold out, and the Bridgestone rep told me if it was warmer out it would probably go up by 2 or 3 miles an hour but it was really interesting. They fit me to the B330-RXS, with a second choice being the e5. It was fun today and the reps were great to deal with. I really wanted to buy the balls as they were giving a great deal, but I have a lot of TM balls right now that I'm playing for the rest of the season.

I've been remiss in putting this info up.....this was from my Bridgestone Ball Fitting at the PGA Show. The goal of this fitting was to 1) to see if I was playing the right ball at the time and 2) see how Bridgestone stacked up against the newly released Titleist Pro V1. After a couple of warm up swings with a 9.5* J38 (s) driver (spin killer extraordinaire) I was released to the fitter. He asked me a few questions centered around my preferences of distance vs. accuracy, lots of roll out vs. minimal roll out, preferred trajectory/ball flight, typical swing speed, current driver used (loft, shaft flex), and what my current ball was at the time (B330-S)

First I hit the Pro V1 for a few shots. Felt pretty soft and almost spongy off the driver.
Next I was given the B330-RXS to hit for a few shots as well. Felt soft but not overly so and seemed to have a little spring off the driver.

Here are the cold hard facts from my fitting session:

Swing Speed / Ball Speed / Launch Angle / Spin Rate / Side Spin / Distance
b252ac16.jpg
[/IMG]
b252ac16.jpg

With minimal warm up swing and using a driver known for reducing spin the results are still pretty telling imo. My ball speed, spin rate, side spin, and distance were all better with the B330-RXS. My swing speed and launch angle was relatively the same, however. I think the big thing to look at is the reduction of side spin which gave me more distance from keeping my ball more along the target line. The increase in general spin provided additional carry which gave me 11 more yards. Gaining >10 yds just by switching a ball? Yes please! Some of my numbers are in line with the 'ideal numbers' and there is still some room for improvement but spending only 15-30 minutes certainly was worth the time. The Titleist was in fact too soft and spun too much off the driver and creating more of a slice which robbed me of distance. Sure I was hitting it 231 but it was 231 into the woods. Turns out I was not compressing the B330-S enough and not fully utilizing the ball's technology. The RXS was by far a better ball for me.

After talking more with the fitter, he thought I could gain even more distance by using the B330-RX but that I couldn't go wrong with either the RX or RXS. He suggested taking both out to the course with me and have a mini-ball shoot out to see which one works best for me. The ultimate test will be around the greens I think. Once it gets warmer I plan to do just this.

Hope this sheds some light on the ball fitting process the Bridgestone has and shows how beneficial 15-30 mins of your time can be. Who knows? Maybe you can shave 3-5 strokes off your game just by changing balls?

If you have any questions please let me know.

Hanks

thought I'd post mine up as well. This was from a few weekends ago at the golf expo in hartford, CT. I was swinging a little harder then and have since slowed down a touch to get a little more accuracy. I havent seen a big loss in distance because I'm actually hitting the sweet spot a little more consistently now.

All the stats here were from hitting the J38 with 8.5 degrees loft and an x-stiff shaft. Not sure how the launch was so high with the driver, i'm typically a lower ball flight kind of guy. Really looking forward to putting the B330 into play this year.

IMG00165-20110330-2017.jpg

Thanks you guys for posting your fact sheets. I can't wait until April 15th. when I'll have the chance to do the live fitting. My results on the course so far have been better than I expected.

Back