Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow Review from Testers

Isn't it amazing how seeing something in person or on course in this case that changes your perception almost instantly. Example I was kinda leary about the orange e6, but after playing it I love it (the color), just wish the ball was a touch better for me. Your honesty TC is something awesome that you bring to the forum, this is just another example.

Sorry for the hijack but it's something I felt I needed to say and I can't get in my PM's.

Anyhow back to the balls. Spent 18 holes with this ball last night, along with the Trispeed Tour, I had hoped to make a decision but these balls are so close in performance it's a tough decision. The Srixon is longer and the RX has more spin, it's a catch 22! Of course where I play night golf the greens are always really soft so it might not be the best judge of spin performance in that regard. I just really like the yellow on the RX, it's good during the day, but phenomenal at dusk into night. There is no feeling like a 130 yd shot into the green that just hits and sits, a pretty yellow orb of awesomeness staring back at you.

Ball wear is still going strong with no serious wounds.

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Durability is one of the main reasons I like the RX golf ball. I played the yellow RX last week when Young Thainer came for a visit and he saw me nail a cart path and it left the smallest of makrs on the ball. Super durable!

WHOO! Just placed an order for a dozen, I really couldn't resist after testing these things. I honestly think it would be hard for me to go back to something else.

I'm also one who was leery of the color at first but it really is awesome off the tee. I can see it from two hundred yards out! I tried it first on the E6 yellow when they came out and I was sold. The RX followed with the yellow and I absolutely love them. I was fitted over the phone for an E6 but I found the RX just as good if not better for my game. Around 100 yds into the green, is where the RX yellow ball really shines and not just in color. KellyBo and I were talking just last night how we would love to go to a Bridgestone live fitting. It would be super cool to see the results on a monitor. I believe there is one in Covington, Ga.? Maybe one day we can work out a trip to the Bridgestone facility and do a review about our trip!

Good news THPers the Yellow RX is available today in most retail locations where Bridgestone products are sold. We hope that as you guys buy em and try em, you'll continue to post your thoughts here. The feedback thus far has been fantastic. Bridgestone has been keeping a close eye on the reviews and we're pleased to see everything that our internal testing has shown is being experienced by consumers first-hand. Keep up the good work.

This is awesome news. We all know blue balls arent good but a good yellow ball is priceless.

hahahahaha

well I actually googled that and found pictures. Interesting. lol

Whoa! $172 USD a dozen.

Has anyone else noticed the dimples on the B330-RX Yellow balls? On my set, there is a cluster of smaller dimples on the "north and south poles" of the ball (when facing the Bridgestone logo), with maybe one small dimple located elsewhere. Anyone know if this is by design or chance? #justwondering

Has anyone else noticed the dimples on the B330-RX Yellow balls? On my set, there is a cluster of smaller dimples on the "north and south poles" of the ball (when facing the Bridgestone logo), with maybe one small dimple located elsewhere. Anyone know if this is by design or chance? #justwondering

Check the ball again. Its the same cluster dimple pattern on the regular RX line. It is not just north and south.

OEM, believe or not the Tourstage blue balls are very popular in Japan. Insert joke here. : )

thats funny, I went to this Japanese Massage parlor once and got some tourstage blue balls. at a great price really

Sounds like a story that didn't have a happy ending. : )

It was actually quite nice really. Turns out, the one girl didnt know what she was doing, so they brought in 2 more. I almost walked out with e5 orange balls til the last girl told me about how great these tourstage blue balls are, shot off a great round that day!

I've enjoyed testing the B 330 RX yellow and am really pleased with how they have played. Thanks to THP and Bridgestone Golf for letting this lefty be a tester!

Finally have an actual Bridgestone fitting near me tomorrow, albeit indoors, but at an Edwin Watts with a large hitting bay, full screen launch monitor. I'm scheduled for high noon. As much as I loved hitting these I'm guessing they'll put me into the RX, but you never know...

Played these again and its the first time I've played in bad wind since getting them. I played pretty poorly on the back, chipped in for par on 18...otherwise it was disgusting.

Anyway back to the wind, anyone else noticed this ball really struggling in a crossing wind or directly into the wind on longer shots, ie hybrids and woods? Out of curiosity I played two balls on a few holes and the srixon generally held its line a touch better. More than likely it was me doing something wrong vs the ball, but it was something I noticed and wondered if anyone else had as well.

Still loving the visibility factor, I had no issues with finding it in the dying rough today and actually saved me a stroke near a large drainage area where a white ball would've most likely been lost (high grass).

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Finally have an actual Bridgestone fitting near me tomorrow, albeit indoors, but at an Edwin Watts with a large hitting bay, full screen launch monitor. I'm scheduled for high noon. As much as I loved hitting these I'm guessing they'll put me into the RX, but you never know...

And I was right.

I got there a little before my scheduled time and nobody was being fit and nobody was on the list until me, so I went ahead and started hitting balls to loosen up. I hit some Srixons on the monitor, then B330RXS, then B330RX. As I had figured out in testing these last month for THP the B330RX was much more forgiving for me in the side spin department: -90 S/S on the B330RX, -580 S/S on the Srixon Z-Star X. Ball speed was 3 mph higher and total distance was almost 10 yards longer. My launch angle is around 9.6, which needs to move up to closer to 12 or 12.6 on their sheet, which would give me a total distance almost 20 yards longer. I hit a few different demo drivers but none of them got the launch angle and ball speed combination necessary for me (new Cleveland, R11, and new Burner TP, all stock stiff shafts).

Needless to say, I left with a new dozen B330RX Yellow for the weekend.

Well, my friends. My RX ball was finally lost yesterday. After my first 9 I decided to go onto the back (even though I had about 20 mins of light left). Pushed it right into a "river". A few highlights:

- I lose balls on hills. I dont know why but I have a hard time spotting them. The yellow color sticks out on the slopes and even really well in dead grass. The other thing is if there is tall grass on a hill, forget about it. I won't find it. I did 2x yesterday with the yellow.

- The ball just sticks on approach shots with short irons and wedges. Had a GW 100 out and put the ball pin high and it ended up about 2 feet from the divot.

- I've played over 20 holes with the ball and for the first time yesterday, the JAWS wedges put a good bite in it. I'd take a picture but it is sleeping with the fishes. However, that many holes and it just finally took a bite out of the cover is high on a durability scale. Anyone who has own the JAWS wedges know how much they love soft cover balls. Once I peeled the cover shavings it hardly looked like it was torn up.

- Pretty good on fast greens with the short game shots. It held well and stayed on line during putts. The yellow stands out when you're trying to line the ball up on a line very well imo.

Overall, I'm very happy with this ball. Once I run through my current stash, or even before then the RX will be in my bag as my go to ball. I may play others but this is as much my ball as a ball can be. Durability, control and forgiveness are qualities this ball has. The soft touch around the greens for my game is a big plus as well. Thank you so much Bridgestone and THP for the opportunity to give this one a test run.

-

Have any of you found this ball for sale online yet? I've been looking and still haven't found a retailer listing them on their website.

Have any of you found this ball for sale online yet? I've been looking and still haven't found a retailer listing them on their website.

A local Dick's Sporting Goods had these on their shelves yesterday when I was there, same proce as the white B330-RX's ($42.99 a dozen)

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna keep an eye out for them online and in the mean time, maybe I'll make it by Academy Sports or Edwin Watts. Too bad they are 95 miles from here!

I saw these at my local Dicks Sporting Goods the other day. They caught my attention but I'm gonna give the B330 and B330-s a shot first. Though I do like the RX balls the best so far out of any bridgestone ball I have played. But like I said...havent tried the 330 or 330-s yet so i gotta give them a shot. I'm really focused on trying to find the best ball for my game this year

So I played this ball again this past weekend. I should probably just copy/paste my last 2 posts. This ball is LONG off the tee box and is great in terms of spin around the greens. Played some faster greens this past week and I was not getting the spin back I was getting the past 2 times I went out. The ball would hit and stop within a foot of its mark. I actually like that because that is what I am used to with the other balls I've played. I did enjoy the ball a little more off the putter this week on the faster greens. I really got dialed in and my lag putts were fantastic. I am liking this ball more and more. I've only got one left though and I'm not sure I can justify a $40 ball when I was pretty happy with the TM Burner Tour which is half the price.

Played the RX Yellow this weekend at the Magnolia in Disney. Wind was nuts. Ball held up very well. With the wind or the wind from slighty behind and to the side it carried forever. Into the wind it didn't balloon or suffer overly compared to any other ball, though - surprise - the two club wind still knocks it down two clubs short. :) Durability was great. Didn't lose a ball in spite of only hitting 2/12 fairways and zero GIR (stopped after 12 due to daylight, wind, and other plans).

I have been to Dicks, Golfsmith and GolfGalaxy and nobody has them in stock, dicks was the only place that did but they were sold out. Just my luck lol. Couple places online say they are in stock but after shipping its 50 bucks or over so ill just wait a bit until a store has them

Back