Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Par

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Bogey

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As with all par 3s for me, I want to hit the green or be very close to hole high to be able to chip or putt for par chance. Most of my rounds vanish on these holes so par is a good score.

This would be fun if the combined is coming down to this hole though, carnage multiplier.

Depending on tee, it might be a tweener for me. I still like my chances though.

must must must have a ball on the green in shamble.
with at least one on the floor, it could be a birdie fest in shamble best ball.
but a hard pin on shamble combined day and things could get sideways if both balls miss.

opportunity hole? yes.
but i'm also reminded of the stats on how often even good amateurs miss the green on "easy" par 3s.
if things are tight down the stretch on Day 2, how will people feel over the tee or a short side chip?
no 6 putts hopefully, but i can see nervy 3 putts showing up too.
this hole has the potential to shake up positions, it's at the perfect place in the round.

I watched @xThor almost get a HIO two rounds in a row here. I was closest of the group every time, and then he tees off last and just drops absolute darts. His second one, he used the backstop PERFECTLY and had to of just missed the hole and ended with the easiest tap in birdie ever.

It’s a bit of an intimidating look but it’s really not that bad. Definitely my top par 3 on the course.

This was our best ball round. And Thor got it even closer than that next time he played
IMG_7927.jpeg

I have no clue as to the actual distance, elevation changes or wind. Front pins are straight forward, if it's that short and not too windy just land a wedge or short iron into the back stop and let it come back.
Back right position would be my double the bets with the young ones position. Hit a low, chase it down the line fade, let it hit a bit deep center and roll on down towards the pin. Back left, I'd just go for deep center with just a scoonch of draw, but I tend to overcook short iron draws so I'd plan on a safer, longer putt.

The front of the green you will see some darts. The back of the green you will see some 3 putts.

Scared the hole a couple times last year. Really a fun par 3, with some interesting putts based on where you end up

I watched @xThor almost get a HIO two rounds in a row here. I was closest of the group every time, and then he tees off last and just drops absolute darts. His second one, he used the backstop PERFECTLY and had to of just missed the hole and ended with the easiest tap in birdie ever.

It’s a bit of an intimidating look but it’s really not that bad. Definitely my top par 3 on the course.

This was our best ball round. And Thor got it even closer than that next time he played
View attachment 9260451
How long did it play? I need to know which HIO club to plan on.

All depends on pin placement on this one. Not long, two tier so you better hit your distance or it could be a tough putt from the back of the green to a front pin

How long did it play? I need to know which HIO club to plan on.
Between the three rounds it was 115-140

Depending on the wind, I'm going to smooth out a PW or 9 iron hoping for a little fade to the middle of the green

This one has me feeling confident. Depending on pin location and tee box, this will be GW-9i and I like my chances on each. I'm going bold and saying I birdie heading into 18. Bookmark this now to come back and laugh at me in late June.
1713979920208.png

9I or PW depending on distance. Not necessarily flag hunting, but trying to get it on the right tier; hopefully two putt from there.

PW to the middle of the green and let the Array putter handle business

17 is probably the least interesting of the Par 3s, but not bad overall. A slight uphill tee shot over another ravine. Main key is just covering that ravine though as even deep isn't too much trouble compared to anything short (or in the bunkers short). No particular notable features of this green in my opinion. Hit the green and made par on day 1, Just off the back right and made bogey on day 2.

We played the Black tees here at 137 yards on the card.

Back