Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The penultimate hole at Ballyhack is the shortest hole on the course. Playing a short iron or wedge it's time for the last possible ace on the course.

1713951453426.png

Looking at this tee shot, all I can think is that there's an opportunity here.

1713951853139.png

Make sure that you take enough club to clear the carry and make it over the bunkers.

1713951902771.png

If you aim for center of the green, you've got a chance here in any flag position.

1713951954699.png

What's your plan on this hole? How do you score?

Depending where we tee off from, I've got a 9i with my name on it for this hole.

1713952047130.png

This is one of those holes, that depending on where the tee box is and where the flag is I'm anywhere between a short and a mid iron - all clubs I'm very comfortable hitting onto a green.

Depending on pin location, probably hitting a nice easy PW to that backstop and letting it come back some. Definitely a birdie chance, at worst par.

Depending on pin location, probably hitting a nice easy PW to that backstop and letting it come back some. Definitely a birdie chance, at worst par.
That's what my hope is as well, we'll see how it ends up but I'm really hoping for one of us to get an ace and this is our last chance each round.

That's what my hope is as well, we'll see how it ends up but I'm really hoping for one of us to get an ace and this is our last chance each round.
I've been playing golf for 31 years now and have never had one. To get one at a THP event would be fricking awesome, but not counting on it haha.

I really like this hole. It's beautiful, has an interesting green, and is short. Pretty much made for me.

Absolutely loved this hole. Wind definitely plays a factor. The best part is that the placement of your shot absolutely matters because this is a tiered green and if you’re on the wrong tee, par will be tough. There’s room to miss but it may not leave you. With an easy up and down.

Don’t remember how I scored the first day but day 2 I dropped a clutch 7-10ft putt for par

Absolutely loved this hole. Wind definitely plays a factor. The best part is that the placement of your shot absolutely matters because this is a tiered green and if you’re on the wrong tee, par will be tough. There’s room to miss but it may not leave you. With an easy up and down.

Don’t remember how I scored the first day but day 2 I dropped a clutch 7-10ft putt for par
This and pin placement is crazy here. Front pin and you have a backstop and a hole in one pin placement. Back right or left and it could be trecherous depending on the breeze.

even if short hole, right pin looks like no picnic there

Like most holes at Ballyhack, it's the green that you have to worry about. Be spot on with your distance control, enough to get to the green & also enough to get on the right tier. Don't go for the sucker pin if it's on the back right. I parred it twice & was short in the front bunker once because it was playing into the wind & the ball ballooned & was short.

The back two pin placements look tough! Better stick it on the middle of the green then hope you are a good lag putter and can make a 2 putt from where you are. Definitely don’t want to get caught going long on the back pin.

Like most holes at Ballyhack, it's the green that you have to worry about. Be spot on with your distance control, enough to get to the green & also enough to get on the right tier. Don't go for the sucker pin if it's on the back right. I parred it twice & was short in the front bunker once because it was playing into the wind & the ball ballooned & was short.
The correct tier is important, couldn't agree more. I'm not going to be pin seeking even though that would be kind of fun.

The correct tier is important, couldn't agree more. I'm not going to be pin seeking even though that would be kind of fun.
Only time the average golfer should be going after a pin is if they are 100 yards and in. It's something my coach and I have tried to engrain in my head. Go for the safest part of the green because going pin seeking outside that difference can get you into trouble A LOT!

Only time the average golfer should be going after a pin is if they are 100 yards and in. It's something my coach and I have tried to engrain in my head. Go for the safest part of the green because going pin seeking outside that difference can get you into trouble A LOT!
Mind games won't work on me sir. HIO or bust!

Mind games won't work on me sir. HIO or bust!
You shoot your shot then sir. It's all about strategy. Kidding aside, we are going to have so much fun!

Hmmm…a short, picturesque par 3 with a large green. I fear it. It looks like it will lull you into a sense of false confidence and send you limping to 18 with a 5 on the card.

the biggest thing for me on this one is to trust your number and make a confident swing. I hit two nice shots here during our combined score and alt shot. Then on best ball it was a front pin and I wasn't confident in what type of shot I wanted to hit. The yardage was just awkward enough to both me, and I hit the bank and that ball was never seen again.

As others have mentioned where the pin is is key. When I played it it was just a little wedge in so not that bad.

Putting woes would put bogie in play for me. Par would be great, but bogie most likely. Pin placement would be a big factor, but as long as I am over the front bunkers, I would be happy.

I’m going flag hunting and 2 putting for par with a mid to front pin. Worst case scenario is a bogey. Add a stroke for a back pin because my courses punish long shots more which means I’d be way short. I’d have a tough birdie putt and 3 putt potential would be almost guaranteed on those back pins.

Back