Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Par

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Bogey

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So my heart tells me to play this safe and go up the right with a 5 iron to the safe landing spot, lay up, get on in 3 and move on with a par.
1713804138880.png

My head on the other hand tells me that I can easily drive it down there over all the trouble, have an easy second shot in, walk away with a birdie and a smile. I think my head is lying to me.
1713804092482.png

So my heart tells me to play this safe and go up the right with a 5 iron to the safe landing spot, lay up, get on in 3 and move on with a par.
View attachment 9259999

My head on the other hand tells me that I can easily drive it down there over all the trouble, have an easy second shot in, walk away with a birdie and a smile. I think my head is lying to me.
View attachment 9259998
Depending where you're at in the round, you may need to be chasing that birdie though.

Depending where you're at in the round, you may need to be chasing that birdie though.
Oh I already know that I'll be chasing that Carry and tee shot with the new Mitsubishi Shaft. That's why I voted bogey :ROFLMAO:

One of the Dumbest Two holes on the course by a landslide with the other on teh front 9. Going right shouldnt be an option. Hitting hybrid hybrid on a par 5 into a green is just weird.

View attachment 9259999

View attachment 9259998
Your head is suuuuuuch a liar 😆

I already don't like this hole and I'm not even there yet.

I want to say it looks ok to drop the 210ish tee shot up to the right landing zone but not sure what that would leave for all out carry to the landing srea in front of the green so probably have to take it up the left with a longer drive to make a chance of going for 2 but safer to lay up.

I'm lost. But I pray for no 6 putts here for anyone.

I already don't like this hole and I'm not even there yet.

I want to say it looks ok to drop the 210ish tee shot up to the right landing zone but not sure what that would leave for all out carry to the landing srea in front of the green so probably have to take it up the left with a longer drive to make a chance of going for 2 but safer to lay up.

I'm lost. But I pray for no 6 putts here for anyone.
You better be really really long if you are getting home in two going left.

Such. A. Dumb. Hole.

First of all, giving a layup spot on a par 5 where you use your iron is just a dumb design in the first place. MAKE us play up the left and be an interesting layout. Not a single one of you is going to play up the left once you get there. The caddie is going to tell you it’s dumb and you’ll see how dumb it is to try that when you play.

Second, half the groups found that actually hitting to the right of that right fairway, and playing down 14 was actually the best play of all of it. How stupid is that that playing down a different holes fairway is the “optimal” route?

And six putt heard round the forum last year? That has less than 10% to do with why this hole annoys me so much but I’ll talk about it. Played to the right fairway perfectly. Had a distance in that I figured was a perfect 3w.

Now I’m not exaggerating when I say this, I hit the best 3w of my life. Truly. Landed on the front of the green and started rolling…and rolling…and rolling. Until it was at the very bottom of 13s section of green. There, there’s two uphills and a slight downhill to deal with. Took me four tries before I grabbed my fairway and just hit it up there. Then one more putt just to try to make it until I picked up for triple. So my “six putt” didn’t even finish the hole

I’m so ready for this hole again and I’m going to kick it’s ass

For those wondering, this is where I ended up and was trying to putt from. DON’T END UP HERE
View attachment 9259975
Should someone else meet a similar fate, would you advise putting onto the collar then using a wedge to get to the correct side?

Should someone else meet a similar fate, would you advise putting onto the collar then using a wedge to get to the correct side?
Even with a wedge, you have to be confident to not chunk it or get it far enough to not come back down anyway. My complete and total recommendation is take a fairway or a hybrid and just make sure you get it up. If it goes long off the green, well then you can use a wedge or just putt from there. If I would have done that at first, I would have three putted for par or four putted for bogey at worst.

It checks a lot of boxes.
I think beating the crap out of me, and an eagle on the par 4 do that.

1 thing I think the forecaddie told us was DONT GO LEFT.

Such. A. Dumb. Hole.

First of all, giving a layup spot on a par 5 where you use your iron is just a dumb design in the first place. MAKE us play up the left and be an interesting layout. Not a single one of you is going to play up the left once you get there. The caddie is going to tell you it’s dumb and you’ll see how dumb it is to try that when you play.

Second, half the groups found that actually hitting to the right of that right fairway, and playing down 14 was actually the best play of all of it. How stupid is that that playing down a different holes fairway is the “optimal” route?

And six putt heard round the forum last year? That has less than 10% to do with why this hole annoys me so much but I’ll talk about it. Played to the right fairway perfectly. Had a distance in that I figured was a perfect 3w.

Now I’m not exaggerating when I say this, I hit the best 3w of my life. Truly. Landed on the front of the green and started rolling…and rolling…and rolling. Until it was at the very bottom of 13s section of green. There, there’s two uphills and a slight downhill to deal with. Took me four tries before I grabbed my fairway and just hit it up there. Then one more putt just to try to make it until I picked up for triple. So my “six putt” didn’t even finish the hole

I’m so ready for this hole again and I’m going to kick it’s ass

For those wondering, this is where I ended up and was trying to putt from. DON’T END UP HERE
View attachment 9259975
Yup was explicitly told DONT GO LEFT

This hole feels like I could write down 8 and I would most likely be thankful for a triple.

Y'all got me all out of whack here talking about going up the other fairway now....

Last edited:
Not ideal slicing into 14 fairway with a big ole tree in your way unless your 3w finds a nice window like mine did but my butt may have puckered after i hit it. ymmv

So 15 is definitely an interesting strategy hole, and one it would take me a couple more plays to come up with my best strategy. On day 1, our caddie recommended staying up the left side and hitting driver. However, the problem is that this left fairway (in the kind of V shape off the tee) slopes hard left to right again. A couple of well struck drives up the left (obviously not mine) rolled hard back down right into the rough/ditch. For a shorter hitter like myself, going up the left for the drive, caused me to need to layup on the near side of the creek for still a 130 or so yard shot across the creek and bunkers to a green that seemed to go away from you.

On day 2, our caddie (different than day 1 caddie), suggested hitting a shorted tee shot to the nose or right side of the V. If executed properly, and wasn't needing max distance, this left me a straighter approach up the opening of the green (if one was long enough to take that on) or in my case, let me carry the creek for the layup and have a Vokey shot into the green...honestly if I continued to play this course, I would take this right side approach more often.

On the approach into the green (keeping in mind it is the right side of the double green where #13 is the left side), you have to be really careful because if you go left of the flag very much, you will end up down in the bowl on #13 pretty easily and have an impossible putt that we saw several THPers have to attempt.

We played the Black tees here at 544 yards on the card...but all downhill.

Back