Brag about your kids

We've been empty-nesters for a whole week now.

My son had already been on his own for going on 2 years. He's 25, a structural engineer and doing well for himself. Good man, good person, always the model son. Athlete, for years now trains relentlessly at MMA.

The complete opposite in so many ways of who I was growing up.

My 'lil girl flew the coop last Saturday. 23, will be 24 in May. She works for Verizon, great work ethic, future looks bright.

She was a bit like me at times, a bit of a renegade. But she's grown so much along the way. Graduated with a degree in Education and had commenced studying for her Masters when she suddenly changed gears and direction.

Now, she's studying for her masters in communications. This time she's footing the bill for herself and going at it full steam ahead.

All we can do is love them and do our best to prepare them to face the world on their own. And all I can say to the younger parents out there is, it's so worth the ride.

The elation, struggle, satisfaction, fear, accomplishment, failure, resilience...

All of it.

All adds up to a wild ride of immeasurable awe, pride and thankfulness. But it all happens so darned fast. Indulge, immerse yourselves within every single moment.
Love this post! You obviously have a lot to be proud of with your kids! Well said! Kids don't come with any instructions (unfortunately lol), all we can do is our best and teach them to be successful adults.

Dude. I can’t love this post enough. My oldest is a fantastic driver (of a car, kid can crush a golf ball and whiff the next swing, lol). I gave him the best lesson ever. A week before he got his license I damn near died in a car crash that I caused. He saw me lying there next to death for a couple days. He didn’t like it almost as much as me.

9 broken bones including a sternal fracture, 15 hours of emergency surgery, and a year and a half later, still struggling with some aspects. Yeah good lesson. Some of the best are painful. Hopefully he’ll avoid the same lifetime pain.

Three sons, no daughter except my baby girl Rosie. She’s 10# of ferocious ankle bitting chiweenie. Length and height of a wiener dog, skinny(ish) and colored like a chihuahua. She’s a pretty girl, lol. She knows three commands, ha. Sit. Dance (she can walk on those stubby hind legs and pirouette with the best). And “Kill, kill, kill!” 😂

I usually only use that one when I know it’s someone she knows as her angry yips turn excited real quick when she realizes it’s someone she knows.
3 sons! Us too! They've been easier than our girls lol
Rosie sounds adorable! We have a great Dane mix named Vader. He is my baby.....aka chicken. He has a big bark but is scared of everything lol he sits. That's about it. He's not the brightest apple in the bunch...but we love him lol

Wait a minute! This is Maureen and David isn’t it. I was looking at your avatar pic and recognized Davids beard. Then I read that you had a sleeve of ink in another thread and it hit me. We played Tobacco Road last week. Thoroughly enjoyed your company. I hope you had a safe trip back after a long day. Small world isn’t it!

~John
Hi John!!! What a small world! So great meeting you and your son last week!!! We should meet up again! Yes, sorry about @Davidhibler slowing everyone down! Lol! Ok ok...sorry I slowed everyone down lol!!

3 sons! Us too! They've been easier than our girls lol
Rosie sounds adorable! We have a great Dane mix named Vader. He is my baby.....aka chicken. He has a big bark but is scared of everything lol he sits. That's about it. He's not the brightest apple in the bunch...but we love him lol

I had three younger sisters so despite this week, I’ll agree wholeheartedly. Rosie (as most little dogs) is fearless and regularly challenges the neighborhood larger dogs when on walks, etc. most bow down to her, lol. One of these days though she’s going to pick the wrong larger dog.

Here her ferocious self is, 🤣

6EC84437-5881-45E0-99FC-0D821910DAE4.jpeg

Hi John!!! What a small world! So great meeting you and your son last week!!! We should meet up again! Yes, sorry about @Davidhibler slowing everyone down! Lol! Ok ok...sorry I slowed everyone down lol!!

How cool is that. A THP’er and you didn’t even know it. I’d have been immediately recognized as one as I HAD a THP towel on my bag. But....

I dunno what happened. It was gone. I was sad. I need another one.

I had three younger sisters so despite this week, I’ll agree wholeheartedly. Rosie (as most little dogs) is fearless and regularly challenges the neighborhood larger dogs when on walks, etc. most bow down to her, lol. One of these days though she’s going to pick the wrong larger dog.

Here her ferocious self is, 🤣

View attachment 8997952
Rosie looks like she can take on the world!! She's adorable and she knows it lol
Here's our Vader 20201208_130859.jpg

My three are my world....and man, they are already way smarter than their old man thanks to their momma’s strong DNA :LOL:

20FC0795-4E28-4C33-A571-466BAC3BCAC3.jpeg

Bet you will never guess which one is the wild child...... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Your kids are doing great, congrats!

We've been blessed as well, four boys...
Oldest sells cars for Honda and plays semi-professional softball on the side; gift of gab and an extremely likable guy.
Our 2nd is a professional musician; co-founder of the former band The Color Morale and current drummer for the band Senses Fail.
3rd was an Airborne Ranger in the TX Army Guard, he's now an active duty 1st Lt Marine Aviator flying the V22 Osprey.
Youngest is an Event Manager for stadium events; concerts, rodeos, etc., he's the most resilient young man in the world.

My three are my world....and man, they are already way smarter than their old man thanks to their momma’s strong DNA :LOL:

View attachment 8997955

Nice man! With three kids myself, I KNOW which one, 😂

We must be just a few relations removed as your one in the middle looks very similar to my little one.

Mine are a mix of the two DNA’s. But both their mom and I (gasp) are a bit stubborn. Obstinate is a word used often in my house, 🤣 and I mostly live alone.

View attachment 8997955

Oh! I know that look! 🤣 cute kids! Watch out for teenage years....the attitude is strong with the wild ones lol

Your kids are doing great, congrats!

We've been blessed as well, four boys...
Oldest sells cars for Honda and plays semi-professional softball on the side; gift of gab and an extremely likable guy.
Our 2nd is a professional musician; co-founder of the former band The Color Morale and current drummer for the band Senses Fail.
3rd was an Airborne Ranger in the TX Army Guard, he's now an active duty 1st Lt Marine Aviator flying the V22 Osprey.
Youngest is an Event Manager for stadium events; concerts, rodeos, etc., he's the most resilient young man in the world.
You raised some amazing men! Congratulations!! I love hearing all these wonderful stories about how well kids are doing!

Am an ex-D2 college baseball player and love the game of baseball. Took off 9 years from playing golf so can coach my sons travel baseball team. Started playing 50 games a year at 8u up to 100 games a year at 16u. Have a batting cage in the yard and have spent numerous days and nights hitting in that cage over the last 10 years. We went and played all over the country. Won all the big events, Cooperstown, Diamond Nation, Ripken, Cobb and Perfect game. Now he‘s a college freshman on scholarship playing at a D1 school, couldn’t be prouder. As much as I hated not playing golf for those 9 years, was worth it, no regrets.

Am an ex-D2 college baseball player and love the game of baseball. Took off 9 years from playing golf so can coach my sons travel baseball team. Started playing 50 games a year at 8u up to 100 games a year at 16u. Have a batting cage in the yard and have spent numerous days and nights hitting in that cage over the last 10 years. We went and played all over the country. Won all the big events, Cooperstown, Diamond Nation, Ripken, Cobb and Perfect game. Now he‘s a college freshman on scholarship playing at a D1 school, couldn’t be prouder. As much as I hated not playing golf for those 9 years, was worth it, no regrets.
Kids are worth the sacrifice!! Love this!

My two year old is learning to say her abc’s, singing along to her shows, and is obsessed with doing the baby shark dance. Can’t believe my baby is so big. Makes me want to have another one even though I don’t need to have another one right now lol

Two adult daughters. Both showed an interest and dedication toward investing in children from a young age. Together they established children's programs at two churches and led Sidewalk Sunday School at multiple locations for over 5 years before either graduated from high school. Our eldest daughter was a regular guest speaker at various children's programs and events throughout her teen years. The other was a star athlete and was her high school's athlete of the year her senior year.

The youngest graduated from college and served as both a youth pastor, young adult pastor, and was a leader in Young Life's Amicus Program for 5 years. She now home schools her three children and founded a now thriving floral business called Mood & Whimsey that does custom floral arrangements for all occasions, including weddings and memorials.

My eldest served as a children's pastor for 7 years. After 5 went back to school and got three masters and a PhD. She is an internationally recognized scholar in intertestamental period literature and history, a tenure-track professor at Messiah University, and home schools her two children.

I also have two wonderful and accomplished son-in-laws that I love dearly. They are everything you would want for your daughters. Men that are of high character and accomplished in their own right.

My two year old is learning to say her abc’s, singing along to her shows, and is obsessed with doing the baby shark dance. Can’t believe my baby is so big. Makes me want to have another one even though I don’t need to have another one right now lol
Such a fun age! Enjoy those wonderful years!

Two adult daughters. Both showed an interest and dedication toward investing in children from a young age. Together they established children's programs at two churches and led Sidewalk Sunday School at multiple locations for over 5 years before either graduated from high school. Our eldest daughter was a regular guest speaker at various children's programs and events throughout her teen years. The other was a star athlete and was her high school's athlete of the year her senior year.

The youngest graduated from college and served as both a youth pastor, young adult pastor, and was a leader in Young Life's Amicus Program for 5 years. She now home schools her three children and founded a now thriving floral business called Mood & Whimsey that does custom floral arrangements for all occasions, including weddings and memorials.

My eldest served as a children's pastor for 7 years. After 5 went back to school and got three masters and a PhD. She is an internationally recognized scholar in intertestamental period literature and history, a tenure-track professor at Messiah University, and home schools her two children.

I also have two wonderful and accomplished son-in-laws that I love dearly. They are everything you would want for your daughters. Men that are of high character and accomplished in their own right.
Love this! What an amazing family you have! ❤

3 kids 2 boys and a girl. My oldest, (son) started a business detailing cars and it has really taken off. My daughter is getting ready to graduate from college and is looking to get into Veterinary school, my youngest (son) is getting ready to graduate high school and just signed his enlistment papers today for the Army. He’s going to study Human Intelligence and become an interrogator. On top of this, they’re all loving and caring kids. My wife and I couldn’t be more proud!

My daughter made the Boston University CFA Deans List with a 3.9!! 😍😍😍 She has 100% been living her best life since transferring there. So so happy for her.

And last week she was picked to take over the Apply to BU Instagram account to share her story!

Not sure how I’ve missed this one. Proud parents of two girls, Reaghan (12) & Sloane (10). Both doing really good academically and are growing into strong young ladies.
Reaghan plays club soccer along with school sports and Sloane plays Basketball and golf. As a lefty it’s tough trying to teach her, but she’s got a good athletic swing. Proud of these two and the sky is the limit.

500143EF-E9AE-44CA-AB72-F084C0163927.jpeg

D2FB641F-E0E8-480D-8DDC-1DA96E1275BE.jpeg

Back