Brag about your kids

I have three boys and they is all growed up LOL. My oldest is 2 years away from full military retirement in the Navy. He supports the door kickers is all I know and he has given me 2 grandkids, one boy and one girl. He is the only one that plays golf, but we have never played together since he is on the opposite coast. My middle son just finished 7 years in the Army with 4 deployments under his belt. He took his GI build and just finished his second Masters Degree and is now creating VR programs. He has given me my second granddaughter and she just turned 1. My youngest is the only son not in the military, but followed my footsteps into aviation and he just gave me my third granddaughter 2 weeks ago.
Wow! What extraordinary boys you have! We are the land of the free because of the brave! Aviation was a great choice. Ever changing and always a needed career. All those grandkids! They are a gift and I can't wait to have more....later down the road though lol

We have two kids, 16 and 14. The older of the two is a smart kid who is finding his way. I have no doubt he’ll be successful at whatever he chooses once he stops being squirrely. The younger is a junior national honor society member and is pretty decent at fastpitch softball. Both lucked out to get my wife’s looks so they start with a life win.

We have two kids, 16 and 14. The older of the two is a smart kid who is finding his way. I have no doubt he’ll be successful at whatever he chooses once he stops being squirrely. The younger is a junior national honor society member and is pretty decent at fastpitch softball. Both lucked out to get my wife’s looks so they start with a life win.
We had one that was squirrely but found his way too. Those can be tough years at times for parents and kids. But, we make it out of those days eventually. 😊 sounds like your kids will do great things!

My daughter graduates from college in May and will be pursuing an MBA in Finance.

Some great stories here. My Granddaughter (6 yrs old) had her first downhill ski race today, taking after her mom and grandfather.
6 years old?! How did she do? What an amazing little granddaughter you have! ❤

I think third place but still waiting for final results. I can’t imagine how much work having five kids is but it sounds like they had an amazing mom for training and backup, congratulations 🎉
Third place is amazing!!! Congratulations!!
Thank you so much for the kind words! Most of the time I thought I was messing it all up but thank God I have had my wonderful husband by my side. He is the best Dad and husband!

We have 5 kids. Our oldest daughter is active duty Army for the past 4 years. She's been stationed in Germany and is now stateside. She is a petite little thing that went Airborne. Proud Army Mom right here!
Our 2nd oldest lives in Texas and is getting his head on straight. He is starting to find himself and realize what we've known all along...that he can do it. We are so proud of how far he's come in such a short amount of time. He truly has worked his butt off to better himself and his family.
Our middle son is in his Freshman year of college. He received a full ride on an Army ROTC scholarship. He'll be an officer in the Army but still not sure which branch within the Army yet. This kid has his eyes set on becoming a General. I have no doubt that he'll make it happen!
Our youngest daughter is a senior is high school. She's in the top 12 of her class. Just this week she's decided to enlist in the Army. She'll be a Combat Medic, 68 Whiskey. This girl has the scores to be anything she wants...her heart is so big that she wants to help people. I get to buy more proud Army Mom gear.
Our youngest is finishing up his Middle school years with 4 high school credits. FOUR! This kid has been working hard. He started the school newspaper and is Editor in Chief. He wants to be an ASL Interpreter.

I'm a proud Mom. Words can never express how much my kids mean to me. They wouldn't brag about themselves but I sure can! ❤
So, let's hear it! Brag away! Let's talk about the fun, great and crazy things Our kids are doing. Doesn't matter what age.

Sounds like an amazing journey and great family. Kudos to some strong parenting for you both to get them through that!

nothing more annoying than parents bleating about how wonderful their kids are
In a world that has become so unhappy, I wanted to share and hear some happy stories from other parents, grandparents, Aunts and or Uncles. This is a positive thread, how can you ever go wrong with that? 😁

We have 5 kids. Our oldest daughter is active duty Army for the past 4 years. She's been stationed in Germany and is now stateside. She is a petite little thing that went Airborne. Proud Army Mom right here!
Our 2nd oldest lives in Texas and is getting his head on straight. He is starting to find himself and realize what we've known all along...that he can do it. We are so proud of how far he's come in such a short amount of time. He truly has worked his butt off to better himself and his family.
Our middle son is in his Freshman year of college. He received a full ride on an Army ROTC scholarship. He'll be an officer in the Army but still not sure which branch within the Army yet. This kid has his eyes set on becoming a General. I have no doubt that he'll make it happen!
Our youngest daughter is a senior is high school. She's in the top 12 of her class. Just this week she's decided to enlist in the Army. She'll be a Combat Medic, 68 Whiskey. This girl has the scores to be anything she wants...her heart is so big that she wants to help people. I get to buy more proud Army Mom gear.
Our youngest is finishing up his Middle school years with 4 high school credits. FOUR! This kid has been working hard. He started the school newspaper and is Editor in Chief. He wants to be an ASL Interpreter.

I'm a proud Mom. Words can never express how much my kids mean to me. They wouldn't brag about themselves but I sure can! ❤
So, let's hear it! Brag away! Let's talk about the fun, great and crazy things Our kids are doing. Doesn't matter what age.
Congrats what great kids! My daughter is headed to West Point to attend the USMA in June and play woman’s lacrosse there. She is a 2x underclassman All-American. She had several offers during her JR year in H.S. but felt that there was no place that she wanted to be other than West Point.

Congrats what great kids! My daughter is headed to West Point to attend the USMA in June and play woman’s lacrosse there. She is a 2x underclassman All-American. She had several offers during her JR year in H.S. but felt that there was no place that she wanted to be other than West Point.

Wow!! Congratulations!! Hard work paid off for your daughter, what great accomplishments!

My oldest is an 18 Bravo, 3rd SFG in the Army for 13 years. Just got back from his4th tour in Afghanistan recently. He and his wife have given us 3 beautiful grandchildren and so much happiness. My daughter in law is almost finished with her PhD. Our daughter has her BS in Social Work and is now in nursing school. We love them all and are infinitely blessed.

My oldest is an 18 Bravo, 3rd SFG in the Army for 13 years. Just got back from his4th tour in Afghanistan recently. He and his wife have given us 3 beautiful grandchildren and so much happiness. My daughter in law is almost finished with her PhD. Our daughter has her BS in Social Work and is now in nursing school. We love them all and are infinitely blessed.
Love this!!! You have an amazing family!!!

17 year old daughter, whom I adopted when she was 10, carries almost a 4.0 since she started h.s. & plays basketball. Her team just lost in the sweet 16 to #2 team in the state.
She sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders! I see why you're so proud of her. She is going to do great things!

Nah, if they haven't tracked me down after all this time they can't be that great. (this is 1000% a joke, I have no children and the world is better off).

We've been empty-nesters for a whole week now.

My son had already been on his own for going on 2 years. He's 25, a structural engineer and doing well for himself. Good man, good person, always the model son. Athlete, for years now trains relentlessly at MMA.

The complete opposite in so many ways of who I was growing up.

My 'lil girl flew the coop last Saturday. 23, will be 24 in May. She works for Verizon, great work ethic, future looks bright.

She was a bit like me at times, a bit of a renegade. But she's grown so much along the way. Graduated with a degree in Education and had commenced studying for her Masters when she suddenly changed gears and direction.

Now, she's studying for her masters in communications. This time she's footing the bill for herself and going at it full steam ahead.

All we can do is love them and do our best to prepare them to face the world on their own. And all I can say to the younger parents out there is, it's so worth the ride.

The elation, struggle, satisfaction, fear, accomplishment, failure, resilience...

All of it.

All adds up to a wild ride of immeasurable awe, pride and thankfulness. But it all happens so darned fast. Indulge, immerse yourselves within every single moment.

This is a great thread idea!!

This week my son got his first job. He just turned 16 and got a job at the golf course we live on. He will be doing the carts and clean up around the shop, course, and practice areas. It's super convenient. He gets his license in another month. He is a good driver. Takes his time and gives himself plenty of space. My kids generation is very conscientious. I like that about them.

My daughter is in 7th grade. She just had choir solos filmed recently and she got so nervous doing a solo she cried 😊. She has a fairly quick wit and a goofy sense of humor like her father. We have some amazing conversations and laugh at each other a lot.

I ❤ my kids!!!

Dude. I can’t love this post enough. My oldest is a fantastic driver (of a car, kid can crush a golf ball and whiff the next swing, lol). I gave him the best lesson ever. A week before he got his license I damn near died in a car crash that I caused. He saw me lying there next to death for a couple days. He didn’t like it almost as much as me.

9 broken bones including a sternal fracture, 15 hours of emergency surgery, and a year and a half later, still struggling with some aspects. Yeah good lesson. Some of the best are painful. Hopefully he’ll avoid the same lifetime pain.

Three sons, no daughter except my baby girl Rosie. She’s 10# of ferocious ankle bitting chiweenie. Length and height of a wiener dog, skinny(ish) and colored like a chihuahua. She’s a pretty girl, lol. She knows three commands, ha. Sit. Dance (she can walk on those stubby hind legs and pirouette with the best). And “Kill, kill, kill!” 😂

I usually only use that one when I know it’s someone she knows as her angry yips turn excited real quick when she realizes it’s someone she knows.

nothing more annoying than parents bleating about how wonderful their kids are

Find another thread then dude. Might I suggest the quilting and crotching thread?

Not misspelled. Don’t be a Richard. I try to abide by it and when I’m wrong I don’t mind being called out. You’re wrong. Not the place for it and if you wanna anger about 90% of this place that have children (or dogs that are their children), you’re off to a wonderful start.

Don’t read. Find your crotch thread. Make sure you turn on private browser mode.

I’m saying this with a smile but that was uncalled for dude.

Last edited:
Wait a minute! This is Maureen and David isn’t it. I was looking at your avatar pic and recognized Davids beard. Then I read that you had a sleeve of ink in another thread and it hit me. We played Tobacco Road last week. Thoroughly enjoyed your company. I hope you had a safe trip back after a long day. Small world isn’t it!

~John

Wait a minute! This is Maureen and David isn’t it. I was looking at your avatar pic and recognized Davids beard. Then I read that you had a sleeve of ink in another thread and it hit me. We played Tobacco Road last week. Thoroughly enjoyed your company. I hope you had a safe trip back after a long day. Small world isn’t it!

~John
John! What's up buddy? Yeah, that is Marjorie (and obviously David).
hope we didn't slow you down too much at Tobacco road.

Small world indeed. :)

Back