Brag about your kids

My 11-year-old son is super busy this spring! He's doing great in school, playing keeper for spring soccer, loving off-season select basketball, and on the edge of breaking 100 from the gold tees as he preps for a first summer of tournaments. Mostly he's a kind person, which doesn't show up well in pictures but is the thing I'm the most proud about.

h1.jpgh3.jpgh2.jpgh4.jpgh5.jpg

Time to tell one on Hannah (daughter)

Before the final of each semester I offered Hannah a bet. First semester I bet her my $100 to her $1 that she would get an 85 or higher on the semester final. She refused. She scored an 86.

This weekend I offered her the same $100 to $1 bet that she would get an 87 or higher on the final. She refused. She got an 89.

Moral of the story, it’s wise to bet on yourself when someone close sees the outcome.

No I’m not giving her the money. 😎

My oldest son (6yo) has significant trouble expressing his feelings, especially anxieties. They come out through bad behavior, hitting, name calling and the like.
Yesterday, after really rough four days, he found the courage to tell me and my wife about the things that bother him and hes nervous about. It may seem like a small thing, but for him it's a huge step to take. After he finally said them out loud, he's been in far better mood and our family is not being torn by the constant screaming and fighting. I'm so proud of him that he found a way over his fear and uncomfort in this.

Not so much a brag but my son has an interview on Friday for a summer job as a "camp counsellor" at the Rec Centre.

My oldest son (6yo) has significant trouble expressing his feelings, especially anxieties. They come out through bad behavior, hitting, name calling and the like.
Yesterday, after really rough four days, he found the courage to tell me and my wife about the things that bother him and hes nervous about. It may seem like a small thing, but for him it's a huge step to take. After he finally said them out loud, he's been in far better mood and our family is not being torn by the constant screaming and fighting. I'm so proud of him that he found a way over his fear and uncomfort in this.
I love to hear this. It makes my heart so happy that he's found the trust in you and the environment you create and the confidence in himself to be able to express those feeling.

So starting 3rd my son was excelling in math he sat around a 5th grade level such as basic algebra a-1=5, multiplication and division because he finds it interesting. Spelling he was alright at just didn't care but reading he could read if you made him he just finds it boring. He takes the first standardized test and scores like a 500 and needs a 725 to "pass" grade level.

I ask him what's going on you can read and understand what you read, why are you struggling. Says I don't like it and just don't care. I let him know I understand and had the same issues and found it boring growing up but you have to focus and make sure you're giving your best effort and show you know this. Throughout the year he goes up some just can't get focused on his reading assignments and growth. Finally he has to do a living wax museum project and he chose Nikola Tesla and he loved reading about him because math and science interest him, all of a sudden something clicked and he just scored an 820 (3rd highest in his grade) on their end of year reading assessment. Had that proud dad moment.

So starting 3rd my son was excelling in math he sat around a 5th grade level such as basic algebra a-1=5, multiplication and division because he finds it interesting. Spelling he was alright at just didn't care but reading he could read if you made him he just finds it boring. He takes the first standardized test and scores like a 500 and needs a 725 to "pass" grade level.

I ask him what's going on you can read and understand what you read, why are you struggling. Says I don't like it and just don't care. I let him know I understand and had the same issues and found it boring growing up but you have to focus and make sure you're giving your best effort and show you know this. Throughout the year he goes up some just can't get focused on his reading assignments and growth. Finally he has to do a living wax museum project and he chose Nikola Tesla and he loved reading about him because math and science interest him, all of a sudden something clicked and he just scored an 820 (3rd highest in his grade) on their end of year reading assessment. Had that proud dad moment.

That is awesome!

I love to hear this. It makes my heart so happy that he's found the trust in you and the environment you create and the confidence in himself to be able to express those feeling.
It's been a long journey with him, and will be for a long time, but these little big steps are the ones that help me immensely. He's currently in occupational therapy and we as parents are also getting counseling support from the family center. Little by little, we'll find habits and tools to make his life better, which in turn brings a lot of happiness to the whole family.

IMG_7507.jpeg

The kids made "second breakfast" this morning. Pancakes, bacon, and sausage.

It was better than the first one.

Mainly this thread is for THPers’ younger kids, but still going to brag about my son graduating Master of Science Mechanical Engineering. Good thing my boys got their smarts from my wife. 😆

His specialty is fluidics.

IMG_0019.jpeg

Mainly this thread is for THPers’ younger kids, but still going to brag about my son graduating Master of Science Mechanical Engineering. Good thing my boys got their smarts from my wife. 😆

View attachment 9176129

Congrats. My daughter graduates tomorrow with an MBA in Finance.

View attachment 9176129
Age doesn’t matter! I’ll celebrate and cheer on any age 😁

Age doesn’t matter! I’ll celebrate and cheer on any age 😁

agree totally with an ** :)

the milestones of the 1st, 6th, 8th, and 11th graders grow into something more or the kid hits 16 and looses his or her mind. My young adutls seem to be coming out the other side winning, all diverse, all good people and it is so rewarding. I give 100% of credit to Mom and a few great teachers.

Hannah Mangus, RNIMG_7960.jpegIMG_7964.jpegIMG_7963.jpegIMG_4635.jpegshe comes by it honest.

my son works for NASA; my daughter is working on cold fusion technology and believes she has made a breakthrough... and my son-in-law is doing 20-to-life but we don't speak about him.
in-laws suck anyway :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

My oldest daughter graduated yesterday from Florida State with a musical performance degree for the flute. Very proud!

Time to brag about my oldest a little bit. A couple years ago he tried out for the top local baseball travel club. He made the league team but not the tournament team. He was bummed but worked his little behind off for a couple years, even leaving that club to join another one for a fresh start. Last week I got a call asking if Jax was available to catch for that tournament team this weekend because they were down to their third catcher. I asked him if he wanted to (knowing he would say yes but wanted to talk through the natural pressure of wanting to prove them they were wrong) and this weekend…..man he brought it! Caught every inning for 5 games, hit .750 for the weekend, zero passed balls, two caught steeling and most of all, had an absolute blast while proving he belongs out there! So freaking proud of him just knowing how hard he’s worked on being a high level catcher.
D7921C95-671E-4DDB-AE8B-8368359CB9F9.jpeg9C2A27FC-D614-4FC6-A273-18D64D716D3F.jpeg93F6C2FF-F98C-47C3-B0A1-7D8ED8BFEECA.jpeg5892540A-BF38-44B6-B6D5-29E49F42ACD1.jpeg

My daughter gave up dance this year to focus on theater. She had auditions for company this week and made the team for next year (1 of 10 in company troupe). Very happy for her and she has a trip to Indiana for theater next month. This was her headshot for the programs next year.IMG_8005.jpeg

Seeing the look on my son's face when they called his name tonight at the Middle School Sports Banquet for being Rookie of the Year in golf. He's so excited since he's only in the 4th grade.

Resized_20230507_201542.jpeg

Last day of school this year, and this school district.

Lotte is of course advanced in everything 2-3 grades above her age and is a the most compassionate empathetic8 year old I’ve ever known.

The twins crushed PK and are pumped about a new school, in a new town, next year. They’re so different, but both so brilliant.

Back