Brag about your kids

My daughter turns 5 in two weeks and has already taught herself how to read and do math.

I always wanted her to be an athlete and maybe she will be , but she seems to have a brain.

My daughter turns 5 in two weeks and has already taught herself how to read and do math.

I always wanted her to be an athlete and maybe she will be , but she seems to have a brain.
Athletes need good surgeons too.

I have 3. Oldest son (10) has autism, little wins to some but him beginning to speak to us in full sentences its a huge win for us. He learned to ski last year, and this year he skis the knarly blue runs with me and leaves mom in the dust. Video games and skiing are his passions right now and he absolutely excels at both.

First daughter (6) is reading and writing in her kindergarten class and is showing a lot of interest in golf. She will get her first lessons this spring once the snow is all melted. She also goes well out of her way to help mom and I with the baby, she is an incredibly caring person.

Our little girl just turned 1 recently and started walking on her own a couple days before. She has a naturally sweet disposition, but she steals my ball when I'm practicing putting in the living room.

Her first season as a keeper is done and by all accounts it was a success. She didn’t lift any trophies or medals, but busted her asss and trained like I’ve never seen a kid train trying to get better. Since June of last year she trained 2-3 times a week and just worked on technique given her size. The best part is when parents on our team and the other team come up and congratulate her on her play. That is always cool to see.

54AD0717-39C5-47CC-A1D0-CB91E3A5FC23.jpeg

Wife went out of town... Taught the 7 month old DADADADADA hahah now thats all she says... im sure its just a coincidence, but had me rolling when she got home from her trip

I'm so incredibly proud of my son, we just got home from Dayton OH for Indoor Percussion World Championships. Although we didn't medal this year, my son worked his tail off all year. He was moved out of the snare line to the bass line to be their section leader and help out the new younger kids. He did an amazing job and the staff just raved about his leadership skills and what a great kid he is.

I'm also proud of all my "band kids" for all of their hard work and dedication too. It was bittersweet to see the seniors have their last performance, I freely admit I got very emotional when a few of them came to hug me afterwards and to thank me for helping them out over the years.

Here's their finals performance for those who might be interested in watching - my son is the #3 bass drummer, right in the middle of the line.

The best athletes are freaking smart.

I'm so incredibly proud of my son, we just got home from Dayton OH for Indoor Percussion World Championships. Although we didn't medal this year, my son worked his tail off all year. He was moved out of the snare line to the bass line to be their section leader and help out the new younger kids. He did an amazing job and the staff just raved about his leadership skills and what a great kid he is.

I'm also proud of all my "band kids" for all of their hard work and dedication too. It was bittersweet to see the seniors have their last performance, I freely admit I got very emotional when a few of them came to hug me afterwards and to thank me for helping them out over the years.

Here's their finals performance for those who might be interested in watching - my son is the #3 bass drummer, right in the middle of the line.

@russtopher that was incredible!!!
Seriously... That was amazing. How the heck did they not medal???

Congrats to your son and his bandmates. That was just an outstanding performance.

Seriously... That was amazing. How the heck did they not medal???

Congrats to your son and his bandmates. That was just an outstanding performance.

The level of competition, especially from the CA schools, is enormous in that division. Last year we were 3rd, this year 6th. Next year we could be 1st 🤷‍♂️ It's mind blowing to watch the stuff some of these schools are putting out on the floor. Light years beyond anything we did when I was drumming in band 30 years ago.

That was an amazing performance!!!!

And just like that we are done. Both girls have been training/playing soccer since last August and that is one hell of a run. My oldest threw in school athletics on top of her club soccer schedule and maintained all A’s & B’s…. Off season Will be focused on speed and agility but as a dad I couldn’t be more proud of her effort and work ethic

07B37A8A-F7A2-4785-95A6-A3C3A4F2BACF.jpeg

My son had their school bowling team banquet last night and he lettered.

They put a shadow on my daughter last game which was kinda funny. She got pretty frustrated and brake checked her a few times. At one point she headed the ball into her and put the throw-in in the box, but they couldn’t seal the deal. Happened so fast we were like “did you see that ****?!?!”
🤣
Unfortunately 0-0.
View attachment trim.C1D65A7C-6156-41B0-9A88-BD0B77D0C639.MOV

Today at 9:30am mg daughter takes her final. She has already passed the exit exam.

She needs 54 out of 100 on this test to graduate as a Registered Nurse.

My life’s work and goals are completed.

And today she did it....... scored an 89 out of 100 on the final. Another nurse in the family.

I gotta find some other goal now.

My son had his fourth defensive conference player of the week last week. He worked his tail of for four years and as a goalie never really saw any time before this year.

The conference tournament kicks off on Thursday and if things go well would lead to an NCAA bid. He is my youngest and has a job lined up starting in July and we will have both of our kids off the payroll which will be bittersweet.

We make it a regular thing, to stop by the library at the college every 2 weeks to pick up new books out of the kids section.
Yesterday I went without the kids (due to timing), grabbed books on butterflies, bees, and animals.

Woke up this morning to my 5 year old rhyming off all the new bee knowledge he took in the night before!

Love that kid!

Daughter passed the state exam for her Cosmetology license and is going to open a side business while she’s going through college. Best thing I’ve heard her say in the past 6 months was “Dad, I really like making my own money”. I said “well, you’ve got 10,000 new potential clients”

:giggle:

Back