Ben Hogan PTx Tour Irons

really is. I still have some ICON black and equalizer wedges here. Solid solid clubs.
Those icons are cool looking.

It’s a bummer because the PTxpros were legit fantastic.
@sposey013168 and I talk about those often. They hit the mark on so many things. I was hoping for a refresh when they eventually shut the doors last time.

Those icons are cool looking.
they were my covid season irons. Strangely the best 4-5 iron that I've hit in the last decade has been them.

they were my covid season irons. Strangely the best 4-5 iron that I've hit in the last decade has been them.
Dang! Blades?

Dang! Blades?
yup. I don't know why, 4-5 irons give me extra anxiety. I grip the club a little tighter and swing a little harder...which we all know how well that works. Maybe it was the fact that when I was playing blades, I knew I was going out there and trying to mash the ball. Kept my swing more in control throughout becuase I was focused on contact.

BTW playing blades for a season did NOT make me a better ball striker. Whoever says that is true is off their rocker.

yup. I don't know why, 4-5 irons give me extra anxiety. I grip the club a little tighter and swing a little harder...which we all know how well that works. Maybe it was the fact that when I was playing blades, I knew I was going out there and trying to mash the ball. Kept my swing more in control throughout becuase I was focused on contact.

BTW playing blades for a season did NOT make me a better ball striker. Whoever says that is true is off their rocker.
Are you arguing with the internet sir?

Are you arguing with the internet sir?
Only a fool would do that. So to self correct I'll say it's becuase their lofts were jacked :alien:

Mostly recent. Back in the realnhogsn days I loved them. I think I was done completely after the third fail
I'm with you, but if the these are the line they held from the last proper R&D design then these will be legit, buy trusting anything new with Hogan on it is a hard no.

Could not agree more. Still have my set. They were criminally underrated.

I thought the ICON long irons were easier to hit than the short irons.

Yep and I do have a sexy set of them sitting here in a bag. The blacked out version. May be time to off load them.

They were done. A friend of mine designed them. Scott decided to hold rather than release.
Any chance you can spill the details now? I've been looking at these more and more, seems like the main difference is a slightly more players profile, and the short irons are solid steel rather than hollow body, compared to the PTX Pro...

Any chance you can spill the details now? I've been looking at these more and more, seems like the main difference is a slightly more players profile, and the short irons are solid steel rather than hollow body, compared to the PTX Pro...
Sure, they are remodeled PTx Pros.

@sposey013168 and I talk about those often. They hit the mark on so many things. I was hoping for a refresh when they eventually shut the doors last time.
And the black on face still looks great. Such good irons.

Interesting that they are showing the black finish but any selection to buy, not available.

They are still.so very very nice to look at and I love that you can get them as heads only

They’re good looking irons.

IMG_1934.jpeg

Back