Ben Hogan PTx Tour Irons

Thrillbilly Jim

DillyWood Express #2
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I guess at this point, it might be harder to kill Ben Hogan Golf more than Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers! I was on the BenHoganGolf.com website looking at the staff bag this evening and I just decided to see what else they had. I clicked on the IRONS link and something caught my eye. šŸ˜³

IMG_1404.jpeg

Hmmā€¦ Ben Hogan Golf showed back up on social media this week saying ā€œThey were backā€. Maybe this is what they were referring to? I went on the PGA conforming list and found thisā€¦

IMG_1402.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

A ā€œnewā€ PTx Tour iron?! My assumption is that when Golf Brands, Inc., the company that owns the brands MacGregor, Ram, and Zebra, purchased BHG, they bought all the remaining stock. And, these new PTx Tour irons were sitting on a shelf or in the middle of production when the doors closed.

Due to the looks, Iā€™m guessing these were developed and designed under Scott Whiteā€™s reign as President. I could be wrong. You can see the PTx Pro and UiHi influence. The Tour iron looks like a cavity back, so it will be interesting to see if the long irons are still hollow. Itā€™s probably safe to say these will have a V-sole and follow the standard 4Ā° loft increments. Since it is a ā€œTourā€ iron I doubt thereā€™s a set matching GW, but one can hope.

I am dying to hear other THPers thoughts on this, especially @JB and @Sox_Fan !

I guess at this point, it might be harder to kill Ben Hogan Golf more than Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers! I was on the BenHoganGolf.com website looking at the staff bag this evening and I just decided to see what else they had. I clicked on the IRONS link and something caught my eye. šŸ˜³

View attachment 9235900

Hmmā€¦ Ben Hogan Golf showed back up on social media this week saying ā€œThey were backā€. Maybe this is what they were referring to? I went on the PGA conforming list and found thisā€¦

View attachment 9235901

View attachment 9235902

A ā€œnewā€ PTx Tour iron?! My assumption is that when Golf Brands, Inc., the company that owns the brands MacGregor, Ram, and Zebra, purchased BHG, they bought all the remaining stock. And, these new PTx Tour irons were sitting on a shelf or in the middle of production when the doors closed.

Due to the looks, Iā€™m guessing these were developed and designed under Scott Whiteā€™s reign as President. I could be wrong. You can see the PTx Pro and UiHi influence. The Tour iron looks like a cavity back, so it will be interesting to see if the long irons are still hollow. Itā€™s probably safe to say these will have a V-sole and follow the standard 4Ā° loft increments. Since it is a ā€œTourā€ iron I doubt thereā€™s a set matching GW, but one can hope.

I am dying to hear other THPers thoughts on this, especially @JB and @Sox_Fan !
They were done. A friend of mine designed them. Scott decided to hold rather than release.

I noticed the PTx Tour irons on there also a couple of weeks ago. Was a little confused by it and just did a quick Google search that returned nothing. It makes sense that they were developed under the old regime. As a long-time Hogan fan, I will certainly be interested when the details come out although In would be better served looking more in Edge ES category.

Ben hogan golf. Take 4! šŸŽ¬šŸŽ¬

They were done. A friend of mine designed them. Scott decided to hold rather than release.
Are there any details you can share?

Definitely an interesting looking Tour Iron.

I've always wondered what happened to the wall art that was hanging in the Ft Worth Hogan building some of us saw in 2017.

From what I have been able to gather, these PTx Tour irons should be more like the ICON blades. A thinner sole and less offset than the PTx Pro irons.

At the PGA Show

IMG_1592.jpeg

I love the look of Hogan irons both new and old. Could these be the last of the Mohicans?

When I first joined THP I really wanted to buy a set of these. Ben hogan experience was one of the first ones I followed.

IMG_1600.pngIMG_1601.pngIMG_1602.pngIMG_1603.pngIMG_1604.pngIMG_1605.pngIMG_1606.pngIMG_1607.pngIMG_1608.png

They were, I believe, at the booth with their other two names they bought.

It was an interesting little boothā€¦.

They were, I believe, at the booth with their other two names they bought.

It was an interesting little boothā€¦.
:unsure:

Not a terrible looking iron. Itā€™s too bad I have zero interest in this company.

Is that along held interest or just from the recent shenanigans this company has been through?
Mostly recent. Back in the realnhogsn days I loved them. I think I was done completely after the third fail

Mostly recent. Back in the realnhogsn days I loved them. I think I was done completely after the third fail
sounds funny, but it's hard to put any trust in the brand right?

Back